Edgy_driver Posted 14 hours ago Report Share Posted 14 hours ago After my mandatory safety inspection, I was told that I should replace my rear brake pads soon. I went to Rock Auto, and was going to select some Akebono pads, but it mentioned that they were for solid rear rotors. Turns out, most of the pads were for solid rotors. A google search said that if the car was ordered with the heavy duty towing package, it included the vented rear rotors, but my car does not have a towing hitch. I bought the car used, so don't know how the original owner ordered it, but I don't think it was after-market. Does anyone else have an Edge (around the same year) with vented rear rotors, and what pads have you used? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
1004ron Posted 14 hours ago Report Share Posted 14 hours ago Welcome. Try a search on one of these websites using your VIN and see what that specifies. https://www.ford.com/parts https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dabangsta Posted 9 hours ago Report Share Posted 9 hours ago In 2021 the AWD Edge (SE, SEL, Titanium, ST-Line) got the larger vented rear rotors. The FWD still had solid. 2022+ are all AWD so all have larger vented rotors. I don't think the brake pads are different between the smaller non vented and the larger vented rotors. The front pads are the same for the smaller FWD rotors as they are for the larger AWD rotors. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.