Fuel low indicator

rpeterslll

I have a 2008 Ford Edge SE and it does not have the onboard computer that would normally warn you that the Fuel is low.

I dont get any audible indicator that I am low on Fuel, just a silent low fuel light. If I am not looking at the Fuel guage often I dont have any indicator that I am low on Fuel .

Is there supposed to be an audible low fuel sound for the 2008 Edge SE when I dont have the onboard computer? If not, This is a major oversite by Ford.

Thank you,

Rob Peters

I have a 2008 Ford Edge SE and it does not have the onboard computer that would normally warn you that the Fuel is low.

I dont get any audible indicator that I am low on Fuel, just a silent low fuel light. If I am not looking at the Fuel guage often I dont have any indicator that I am low on Fuel .

Is there supposed to be an audible low fuel sound for the 2008 Edge SE when I dont have the onboard computer? If not, This is a major oversite by Ford.

Thank you,

Rob Peters

I think most drivers don't let the fuel get that low. I myself would never let it get below a quarter tank. All these large trucks you see on the road hold on the average of 200 gallons at a time and fuel up every other day if not sooner without nothing more than a fuel gauge (not even an idiot light).

I just don't think it is that important of an issue. Actually I would have liked to see a chime to tell you if the turn signal hasn't been turned off. My 96 Windstar had it and if you traveled 2 miles or so with them on it would remind you.

I guess we can't have everything

Thank you,

Rob Peters

They gave you a fuel gauge and a light, what more could you ask for?

The does car make a sound also, like the same sound it makes while the seat belt is not on, every time it indicates sokmething it makes both visual and audible warnings, on top it begins to warn you like 50 miles before getting empty according to the math it does, that IMO is not even close to reality...so yes you have both audible and visual warnings...if not please consult your manula and take it ot the dealer...

I have an '08 with the message center. I have it set to where it shows number of miles left in the tank. Does yours have the message center behind the steering wheel?

Once I let it go low and the message changed to low fuel warning with a ding.

What I did notice when I let it get low was that when it got to be about 50 miles left in the tank it went down fast, so I just did not realize it was actually that low.

I have an '08 with the message center. I have it set to where it shows number of miles left in the tank. Does yours have the message center behind the steering wheel?

Once I let it go low and the message changed to low fuel warning with a ding.

What I did notice when I let it get low was that when it got to be about 50 miles left in the tank it went down fast, so I just did not realize it was actually that low.

No I dont have the message center. Its not included in the SE. Therefore when fuel is low is just displays a light on the fuel guage. No audible sound that Fuel is low.