Signed Papers for a New '09 Edge

amy13c

Hello All ~ I just signed the papers for a new Edge yesterday. I called my insurance agent to set up all of the paperwork for my insurance and they informed my VIN# does not come up in the system. I know the car is in the process of being shipped to the dealer but I was not sure why the VIN# could not be found. I also tried to look up the VIN # on Carfax.com and nothing comes up. Any ideas why the information is not coming up? If I should be posting this question some place else please let me know. Thanks for any help you can give.

Hello All ~ I just signed the papers for a new Edge yesterday. I called my insurance agent to set up all of the paperwork for my insurance and they informed my VIN# does not come up in the system. I know the car is in the process of being shipped to the dealer but I was not sure why the VIN# could not be found. I also tried to look up the VIN # on Carfax.com and nothing comes up. Any ideas why the information is not coming up? If I should be posting this question some place else please let me know. Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi Amy. :D Your best course of action would be to call the Dealership, let them know that your Insurance Company was not able to verify the VIN you were given, and ask them to double check the VIN.

Assuming the vehicle has been produced, odds are they accidentally gave you an incorrect VIN. Or you accidentally wrote it down incorrectly, etc.

Either way, calling the Dealership for verification would be the thing to do.

Let us know the outcome.

Good luck. :beerchug: