Driver and front Passenger Doors not flush

I have been wondering this for a while but never thought to ask it until now... We have a 2008 Ford Edge Limited and the Driver door and the Front Passenger door don't seem to be 100% flush with the body when shut, even though they are perfectly functional and have never had any damage to them. There is like a 1/8th inch offset where the doors stick out from the body of the car about that far. I will post a picture when I get home, but I was wondering if this is a standard issue or something unique. I have searched all over but not seen anything written on this topic. Thanks!!

If it really bothers you I would suggest dropping by a auto body shop. They will be able to tell you right away if the doors can be readjusted to sit flush. If they can which I think they will be then go back to the Ford dealer and tell them you want it corrected.

Good luck to you

I have been wondering this for a while but never thought to ask it until now... We have a 2008 Ford Edge Limited and the Driver door and the Front Passenger door don't seem to be 100% flush with the body when shut, even though they are perfectly functional and have never had any damage to them. There is like a 1/8th inch offset where the doors stick out from the body of the car about that far. I will post a picture when I get home, but I was wondering if this is a standard issue or something unique. I have searched all over but not seen anything written on this topic. Thanks!!

I have the same prob and it's been bothering me..I wanted to get the chrome under the windows like on the limiteds, but on the driver's side, it's so bad that the trim is about 1/4 inch off between the front and rear door...I'll provide a photo as well

I have the same prob and it's been bothering me..I wanted to get the chrome under the windows like on the limiteds, but on the driver's side, it's so bad that the trim is about 1/4 inch off between the front and rear door...I'll provide a photo as well

I had the same issue on mine, took it back to the dealer and they fixed it under warranty. Only took a few hours.

• 7 months later...

I have the exact same problem and thought i was just too picky. Im going to drop off the Edge and see what they can do now.

Same problem here, but only w/ the Driver's door. Dropped it off w/ the dealer...fixed within the day. Can't tell there was ever a problem.

Good Luck, hope they fix yours as well as they did my wife's.

• 3 weeks later...

Me too and now I want it fixed as well.

Thanks to all for your advice and it;s on my listfor the next visit..

Donkath

For me, that's a DIY 10 minute fix. While it may well be a warranty problem, I just don't see me wasting my time taking it to the dealer unless I have a whole laundry list of things for him to do! :happy feet:

Bring it by--- I'll have you fixed in 10 minutes!

For me, that's a DIY 10 minute fix. While it may well be a warranty problem, I just don't see me wasting my time taking it to the dealer unless I have a whole laundry list of things for him to do! :happy feet:

Bring it by--- I'll have you fixed in 10 minutes!

The driver's side front door on my '08 also has a noticeable 'offset'. It's especially noticeable when looking 'backwards' through the sideview mirror.

I tried to adjust it myself and got the feeling that bolt had been either set with Loctite or was partially stripped to begin with. My adjustment didn't work. I brought it back to Ford. They tried with no success either. All-in-all I'd say that the fit and finish of the car is slightly below par. (With that being said I like the car very much.)

My wife has an '07 Mazda CX-7. Everything 'lines up' on that car and closing the doors sounds like a bank vault - very tight and sound. The Mazda does a better job of assembly than does Ford although I can envision a higher probability of problems with the turbocharged 2.3L engine in the CX-7 than I can with the naturally aspirated 3.5L in the Edge.

>>tried to adjust it myself and got the feeling that bolt had been either set with Loctite or was partially stripped to begin with. My adjustment didn't work. I brought it back to Ford. They tried with no success either. <<

I certainly hope that you didn't let them off the hook on that one-- Their body shop should be able to do the fix!

The driver's side front door on my '08 also has a noticeable 'offset'. It's especially noticeable when looking 'backwards' through the sideview mirror.

I tried to adjust it myself and got the feeling that bolt had been either set with Loctite or was partially stripped to begin with. My adjustment didn't work. I brought it back to Ford. They tried with no success either. All-in-all I'd say that the fit and finish of the car is slightly below par. (With that being said I like the car very much.)

My wife has an '07 Mazda CX-7. Everything 'lines up' on that car and closing the doors sounds like a bank vault - very tight and sound. The Mazda does a better job of assembly than does Ford although I can envision a higher probability of problems with the turbocharged 2.3L engine in the CX-7 than I can with the naturally aspirated 3.5L in the Edge.

I agree. You need to bring it back and have them fix the issue.

They should have no problems with adjusting the doors.

As far as being better at assembly. I'm sure that relates to each vehicle.

You can't say Mazda is more of a perfectionist when comparing one Mazda to one Ford.

Compare several hundreds and you might have a point.

I agree. You need to bring it back and have them fix the issue.

They should have no problems with adjusting the doors.

As far as being better at assembly. I'm sure that relates to each vehicle.

You can't say Mazda is more of a perfectionist when comparing one Mazda to one Ford.

Compare several hundreds and you might have a point.

Let me restate my point: given the fact that I have two 'real' vehicles to compare, the OUR CX-7 is a 'tighter' build than OUR Edge.