Weathertech Vent Visors

Anyone have the weathertech Vent visors installed on their Edge? If so, how is the fit and finish of the product. Also, does it bind up the windows as they close at the top. I have window tint on the fronts and was also wondering if the visors affect the film. :stats:

I have them on the front doors of my 2009. Installation was tricky - I followed the instructions, but you really have to flex them to install. There is a 'tab' section towards the back side that is hidden once installed. The 'tab' cracked on the drivers side, and partially broke off on the passenger side. Both sides bend out abut 1/2" at the bottom where it meets the front door pillar. I've tried adjusting them but can't get it doing so. When they were first installed, they did catch the window glass as they were raised, now they just barely do so - that may catch the tint just a bit on yours. The edge windows are a tight fit to begin with, so I can't see any visors not catching the windows just a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some and put them in a couple of weeks ago. I am real happy with the looks and function.

As usual I didnt follow the directions as well as I should have. They say that after you install the visors you should leafe the windows in the full up position for a day or so. I didnt, and the express up power window function noticed the visors and reversed the window to going down.

Now, after leaving the windows up for a weekend, the windows operate smoothly.

The video stressed leaving the windows up. Mine just landed yesterday, hope to put them on Friday. And I will definitely leave the windows up.

I got some and put them in a couple of weeks ago. I am real happy with the looks and function.

As usual I didnt follow the directions as well as I should have. They say that after you install the visors you should leafe the windows in the full up position for a day or so. I didnt, and the express up power window function noticed the visors and reversed the window to going down.

Now, after leaving the windows up for a weekend, the windows operate smoothly.

Great thanks! I'm trying to decide whether to get the stick on or in channel visors. I'm not sold either way.....yet!!

I mainly want them so I can leave the window open a crack and have a smoke when it's raining out. :P I'll need the window open enough to flick ashes but not enough for rain to come in. hehe

I should make you promise to quit smoking. :)

I actually looked into these because someone on the forum suggested them. I originally wondered if it was even cool to put these on an Edge. I looked online at both, and the stick ones stick out a lot from the car. The Weathertechs look so nice and lowprofile. Look up pics of both and you will see what I mean. And the Weathertech site has a great instructional video. I originally ordered from them but they were out of stock for weeks. Got mine in a week from autoanything.com.

Hoping it will stop raining so I can get it washed and try to install tomorrow nite.

Here are some pics. They look nice, went in pretty well. Took a lot of bending for the front ones. Have to make sure that the edge of the visor on the mirror end of the window is sitting on top of the window weather strip or it won't fit tight. The back ones are easy, there is adhesive on the ends to secure them inside. And I had no problems with the windows closing or the auto close on the driver window.

Hey guys. Could those of you who installed these post some pics? Some from afar, some up close and some actually showing the window down a bit from inside the cab.

Thanks!

post-6207-1245083487_thumb.jpg

post-6207-1245083499_thumb.jpg

post-6207-1245083506_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Here are some pics. They look nice, went in pretty well. Took a lot of bending for the front ones. Have to make sure that the edge of the visor on the mirror end of the window is sitting on top of the window weather strip or it won't fit tight. The back ones are easy, there is adhesive on the ends to secure them inside. And I had no problems with the windows closing or the auto close on the driver window.

Thx also. Was looking at tape mounted visors. Your pics sold me on in channel visors. :rockon: Saved me the hassle of ordering wrong ones.

Again, thx 4 pics.

One issue that has come up is that on the front ones, where it sits on the window ledge, have a protective piece of rubbery tape right there that wraps to both sides. It has wrinkled and come off. I emailed them to ask if I can get spares and in the mail I get a big roll of sticky tape. Otherwise I like them. Front driver door one a little loose.

Thanks for posting the pictures. They really look good. The ones I have seen must have been the ones that stick on outside and thought they took away from the appearance of the car. Now I'm interested in getting some for my Edge. The temperatures for several days the last two weeks driving home from work have been 100 to 103 degrees. It's too dang hot in Texas... They would be perfect to vent the heat out of the car while it sets in the parking lot all day and when the rare shower that does pop up the inside will still stays dry.

I do have a question though. Do you notice any wind noise with the window up and at speed?

Thanks again for all your info.

If you mean with the window all of the way up, no. It is snug.

When you put them in, be careful of that protective tape on the front ones, try not to wrinkle it. I think these are easier for guys to install, anyone a little taller and a little stronger. They bend a lot but they fight back.

• 4 months later...

Thanks. Looks like I will need to order these today. They look nice! Thanks for posting pics.

• 3 weeks later...

i just received mine today, i put them in but the driver side has a weierd curve towards the back of the driverside front window, anyone else with that issue? i wil take a pic tomorrow to compare.

I also broke my passanger side trying to put it in, maybe its just too cold out to bend it properly... ive had these on 2 of my cars prior and never had this issue.

hopefully weathertech is understanding being a return customer..

Edited by jourabchid

i just received mine today, i put them in but the driver side has a weierd curve towards the back of the driverside front window, anyone else with that issue? i wil take a pic tomorrow to compare.

I also broke my passanger side trying to put it in, maybe its just too cold out to bend it properly... ive had these on 2 of my cars prior and never had this issue.

hopefully weathertech is understanding being a return customer..

UPDATE:

They were very understanding, i was on hold for about 15 minutes, but the guy was very nice and said today was my lucky day, and sent me out a replacement free of charge!! Restored my faith in Weathertech 100%!!

UPDATE:

They were very understanding, i was on hold for about 15 minutes, but the guy was very nice and said today was my lucky day, and sent me out a replacement free of charge!! Restored my faith in Weathertech 100%!!

When I put mine in I snapped a small piece of the lip off on the drivers side, but did not affect fit and does not show. They are not easy to get in. But, I had to take mine out to replace the tape at the ends and they installed easier after the first time.