09 SEL, 3K miles, needs new Cam Position Sensor

anpbabaki

This weekend my check engine light illuminated and the car would make a weird vibration and the tach needle would jump around when stopping at a light. Took it in and they told me there is a TSB for the cam position sensor and that it needs to be replaced. Anyone else have this issue?

This weekend my check engine light illuminated and the car would make a weird vibration and the tach needle would jump around when stopping at a light. Took it in and they told me there is a TSB for the cam position sensor and that it needs to be replaced. Anyone else have this issue?

Obviously yes or there wouldn't be a TSB. This is a fairly common repair on newer vehicles. Sensors fail sometimes, even new ones.

Had same exact issue. While stopped and foot on brake, tach would surge up and down along with engine light. Also, the gas mileage really sucked while having this problem. Repair was finished in 1 day......took 2 weeks for part to come in. There was no TSB at that time and I have an '08. Problem has not returned since 5,000 miles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
wow thanks for that useful reply....what i was asking is if anyone on these forums experienced the same issue

I have this problem now with my 2007 Edge. It only has 17000 miles on it. The parts have been ordered and I was advised it will take at least 3 days to fix this since they have to pull the engine.