sound system

jscavo

limited trim.

with the sound system on but nothing playing (pause or volume set low) I get a hum out of the speaker(sub) in the trunk area. This happens with the car running or not. Anyway to tell if this sub it working?

On my Nav deck if you hold down 3-6 at the same time it will do a speaker test an walk through each one.Not sure if that helps you at all ?

don't have the nav.

Anyone know where the nione speakers are loacted in this system?

"The Premium Sound System features an AM/FM stereo, a six-disc in-dash CD/MP3 player, and nine speakers including a subwoofer (seven location-positioning speakers). Standard on Edge Limited."

• 8 months later...

I have an 09 Limited and have had this same problem since I bought the vehicle. You can see my post called "high pitch whine" to see if my issues match yours. So far the dealership has been unable to fix it. I have had a new radio installed, had the rear sub speaker replaced, and then had the entire electrical system analyzed to see what causes the noise.

Currently the dealership has discovered that for some reason, and they dont know why, the radio is getting too much power (or putting it out) and is causes feedback. I am waiting for them to get in another radio to replace my "newest" one.

They finally determined that it was the radio itself causing the problem because they took mine out and installed a Nav system radio ( I only have the base radio without Nav), and as soon as that radio was installed the noise went away. So, perhaps I somehow got a defective radio that was then replaced by another defective radio.....

So, I am hopeful that a new system will be able to eliminate the noise.

don't have the nav.

Anyone know where the nione speakers are loacted in this system?

"The Premium Sound System features an AM/FM stereo, a six-disc in-dash CD/MP3 player, and nine speakers including a subwoofer (seven location-positioning speakers). Standard on Edge Limited."

2 tweeters located in the A-pillars above the dash.

2 mid-range speakers located in the front doors.

4 speakers located in the rear doors ( 2 x 2way speakers).

1 Subwoofer located in the right rear.

9 Speakers Total

I have heard not a whining sound but more like a grinding sound from the rear area with the 6-CD Premium head unit on with no audio.

I'll check it out again and post later.

Edited by Tribby2001

I have heard not a whining sound but more like a grinding sound from the rear area with the 6-CD Premium head unit on with no audio.

I'll check it out again and post later.

OK, when I shut off the engine, turn the ignition to the accessory position, and turn on the Premium head unit with volume all the way down to zero, I can hear what sounds like a small fan motor with a bad bearing coming directly from the subwoofer speaker. It also sounds sort of like what a needle playing a vinyl LP record sounds like at the end of a side. Hard to describe and also difficult to diagnose just by listening. Strange. Perhaps its a subwoofer amp going bad or some type of electrical interference getting into the audio.

Edited by Tribby2001

• 3 weeks later...

I have an 09 Limited and have had this same problem since I bought the vehicle. You can see my post called "high pitch whine" to see if my issues match yours. So far the dealership has been unable to fix it. I have had a new radio installed, had the rear sub speaker replaced, and then had the entire electrical system analyzed to see what causes the noise.

Currently the dealership has discovered that for some reason, and they dont know why, the radio is getting too much power (or putting it out) and is causes feedback. I am waiting for them to get in another radio to replace my "newest" one.

They finally determined that it was the radio itself causing the problem because they took mine out and installed a Nav system radio ( I only have the base radio without Nav), and as soon as that radio was installed the noise went away. So, perhaps I somehow got a defective radio that was then replaced by another defective radio.....

So, I am hopeful that a new system will be able to eliminate the noise.