New 2010 Edge Limited owner

bibbo99

Hey people ... just picked up my Tuxedo Black 2010 Edge FWD with the 302A package (Vista Roof, Nav, etc..) 2 weeks ago. Very happy with the 600 miles I've put on it so far. Not perfect though .. I do have that infamous "fuel pump whine" that many have complained about in this forum. It doesn't really bother me all that much since I usually have the radio on or the windows cracked. Sometimes it sounds like the "test pattern" noise on TV, but it's not unbearable.

Things I love:

** Tuxedo Black metallic paint looks SO sharp in the sunlight. Definitely doesn't show dirt like a regular black.

** Sync system is super easy to set up. You don't have to "train" your voice (even though there is the option) for recognition. It reads every command I say. Phone setup with Sync is crystal clear.

** No crappy tires with this package. Pirelli Scorpions ... excellent tires.

** Fuel economy has been around 19 mpg in mixed driving. Just slightly lower than the 2007 Nissan Maxima I replaced. Not bad for a crossover.

** Smooth engine and tranny. Very comfortable ride.

** Vista roof is HUGE. Can't wait for the fall.

** Ambient lighting is actually useful, not just for show.

** Blind spot "mini-mirrors" built into the regular side view mirrors are excellent.

Things that are not necessarily bad, but could be better:

** Temporary spare. No option for full size spare tire.

** Lumbar support is manual crank. My previous 2 cars were electronic and a bit firmer.

** As mentioned before, whine (presumably from the fuel pump) can sound like you have a slight ringing in your ears. Not overbearing, just can be a bit annoying.

** With the Nav. system, you only get a single CD player. No 6 disc option as with the Nav-less system.

** No option from factory for body side moldings. You can get after market or dealer installed bsm's but the dealership said they have to order and paint them. Total cost about $500 ... for body side moldings!! The doors on these Edges are in prime "ding" location for other people opening doors into them.

** They look cool, but the 20" rims that came with this package are just aluminum rims with plastic hub cap covers that look like they're chrome. I knew this before I bought it but just thought I would mention it.

** For some strange reason, the temp gauge will show the external temperature OR the internal cabin temp. setting ... but not both at the same time. Weird.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase. I have read some complaints about the brakes being soft but I don't find that at all. Plenty of power and very stylish. It was between this and the Flex, but that was just a little too "square" for me. Also, going from my 2007 Maxima to this 2010 Edge, my auto insurance actually went DOWN $39 ... sweet!

Edited by bibbo99

Until you have to replace those Pirellis...

Welcome!

To my surprise the 20" Pirellis are relatively cheap although I haven't checked them lately.

For some strange reason, the temp gauge will show the external temperature OR the internal cabin temp. setting ... but not both at the same time. Weird.

Not weird at all. If you have the external temp displayed and press the button to change the hvac temp setting it will display the internal temp setting while you change it. Once you're finished it goes back to displaying the external temp. You don't really need to know what it's set to unless you're changing it.

Your radio doesn't display the volume level unless you're changing it. Same concept.

Hey people ... just picked up my Tuxedo Black 2010 Edge FWD with the 302A package (Vista Roof, Nav, etc..) 2 weeks ago. Very happy with the 600 miles I've put on it so far. Not perfect though .. I do have that infamous "fuel pump whine" that many have complained about in this forum. It doesn't really bother me all that much since I usually have the radio on or the windows cracked. Sometimes it sounds like the "test pattern" noise on TV, but it's not unbearable.

Things I love:

** Tuxedo Black metallic paint looks SO sharp in the sunlight. Definitely doesn't show dirt like a regular black.

** Sync system is super easy to set up. You don't have to "train" your voice (even though there is the option) for recognition. It reads every command I say. Phone setup with Sync is crystal clear.

** No crappy tires with this package. Pirelli Scorpions ... excellent tires.

** Fuel economy has been around 19 mpg in mixed driving. Just slightly lower than the 2007 Nissan Maxima I replaced. Not bad for a crossover.

** Smooth engine and tranny. Very comfortable ride.

** Vista roof is HUGE. Can't wait for the fall.

** Ambient lighting is actually useful, not just for show.

** Blind spot "mini-mirrors" built into the regular side view mirrors are excellent.

Things that are not necessarily bad, but could be better:

** Temporary spare. No option for full size spare tire.

** Lumbar support is manual crank. My previous 2 cars were electronic and a bit firmer.

** As mentioned before, whine (presumably from the fuel pump) can sound like you have a slight ringing in your ears. Not overbearing, just can be a bit annoying.

** With the Nav. system, you only get a single CD player. No 6 disc option as with the Nav-less system.

** No option from factory for body side moldings. You can get after market or dealer installed bsm's but the dealership said they have to order and paint them. Total cost about $500 ... for body side moldings!! The doors on these Edges are in prime "ding" location for other people opening doors into them.

** They look cool, but the 20" rims that came with this package are just aluminum rims with plastic hub cap covers that look like they're chrome. I knew this before I bought it but just thought I would mention it.

** For some strange reason, the temp gauge will show the external temperature OR the internal cabin temp. setting ... but not both at the same time. Weird.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase. I have read some complaints about the brakes being soft but I don't find that at all. Plenty of power and very stylish. It was between this and the Flex, but that was just a little too "square" for me. Also, going from my 2007 Maxima to this 2010 Edge, my auto insurance actually went DOWN $39 ... sweet!

Re moldings...Great poduct available from sportwings. Check this forum for info. Easy to install and a perfect paint match. I have them on my Edge and Fusion hybrid. Well under $150!

You don't need no stinking 6 cd player, you have a hard drive. I love my NAV with hardrive!!--ce

Guess you're right ... didn't think of that. Although the 6 disc changer would be nice for the DVD's so I don't have to keep popping them in and out.