2007 Ford Edge

aburns

I purchased a2007 Ford Edge in Nvember of 07 brand new. Shortly after that I began to feel a pulsating sensation from the back end of my vehicle. I also was feeling this jerking and hearing a pop click sound. I took my Edge back to the dealership wherew they said they could find no problems or sounds or pulsating. I trusted them and here I am 60,000 miles later and the problem has now escalated and they are telling me I have a bad rear wheel hub assembly on the back rear drivers side tire! The same place that I told them the noise and pulsating was coming from over a year ago! They refuse to fix my vehicle even though I have in writing on the dealership letterhead where I made the complaint back in 2008. I am so disgusted with this whole situationa nd I will never buy another Ford and especially not from that dealership! These people have no morals or heart, I purchased an american made vehicle and I am regretting every minute of it. The fair and just thing to do is to correct the problem especially since I tried to tell them about it over a year ago! So unfair, poor customer care and they should be ashamed!!!!!

I purchased a2007 Ford Edge in Nvember of 07 brand new. Shortly after that I began to feel a pulsating sensation from the back end of my vehicle. I also was feeling this jerking and hearing a pop click sound. I took my Edge back to the dealership wherew they said they could find no problems or sounds or pulsating. I trusted them and here I am 60,000 miles later and the problem has now escalated and they are telling me I have a bad rear wheel hub assembly on the back rear drivers side tire! The same place that I told them the noise and pulsating was coming from over a year ago! They refuse to fix my vehicle even though I have in writing on the dealership letterhead where I made the complaint back in 2008. I am so disgusted with this whole situationa nd I will never buy another Ford and especially not from that dealership! These people have no morals or heart, I purchased an american made vehicle and I am regretting every minute of it. The fair and just thing to do is to correct the problem especially since I tried to tell them about it over a year ago! So unfair, poor customer care and they should be ashamed!!!!!

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. First if you had the same problem after you had it att he dealership when it was new, why did you not take it back in to be looked at again or take it to another dealership. Second bad wheel bearings will not last 60,000 miles, it would have gone bad much sooner. To me it sounds like the dealer is correct in that they are not related, and also that you should pay for the repair. Sorry if you don't agree with me.

I'm guessing the OP meant 6,000 miles. 60,000 miles in one year is a lot, and way out of warranty (b2b).

Please remember that the dealer is not Ford and there's nothing Ford can do here without the dealer's cooperation.

I thought about that too, but if meant 6000 and there is still a problem then it would be covered under warrenty, this is why I assume that he was correct in saying 60,000 miles.

I thought about that too, but if meant 6000 and there is still a problem then it would be covered under warrenty, this is why I assume that he was correct in saying 60,000 miles.

Ahh...yes, you're right. I thought he was saying he had put 60,000 miles on the vehicle in one year but that was since he bought it. Sounds like a simple out of warranty part failure. Just because you "thought" you heard a sound in the same vicinity tens of thousands of miles before that doesn't mean they're related, especially if they were unable to duplicate the problem back then.

• 1 month later...

Try thr Ford Zone or Regional Manager.