When will Turbonetics TT come out?

Hello. I am new to these forums. My dad has an 07 Ford Edge SEL. It's gonna be my first car. My dad said there is no turbo kit he could get, so I told him about the Turbonetics crew making one. After all i turned out right. I need a release date for it. Thank you again and here is a pic. Right now its filtercharged by K&N racing. We also have Hankook Ventus AS's on there. So, tell us whatcha think. We also have the Lincoln MKX Chrome twenties on there. So comment on what you think of it. Thank you all for the help. P.S. EDGE ROCKS!!!!

WTF its not uploading my pic.

to upload the photo.. hit the "choose file" and browse to your photo on right side of browser window. Then, hit the green "upload" button. BUT you are not done like you think. then, on the left is an "Attachments" drop down and you then have to go into that and select the images and actually add them to your post with the green plus sign.

now, get on with it so we can see the setup :)

post-7632-1253655757_thumb.jpg

to upload the photo.. hit the "choose file" and browse to your photo on right side of browser window. Then, hit the green "upload" button. BUT you are not done like you think. then, on the left is an "Attachments" drop down and you then have to go into that and select the images and actually add them to your post with the green plus sign.

now, get on with it so we can see the setup :)

KK I'm doing homework so I will do it in about 25 minutes. Sorry for the crappy pic. I had to resize and it came out horrible.

Edited by Filtercharged07

I think the turbo is a wonderful power adder... However, do keep in mind there maybe other parts of the chassis/drivetrain which will need to be strengthened to handle the additional hp/tq. Example: The transmission in the Edge is the 6F (6F-50 I believe). Ford is making a beefed-up version of this transmission to be used with the 3.5 Ecoboost...the beefed up tranny referred to as the 6F55. The 6F (stock in the Edge) is rated for 300 hp/280 tq (if I read the specs correctly)...not a lot of room for additional power. If Ford is modifying the 6F for the Ecoboost, this kind-a makes me think there is a reason for it.

Not certain if chassis mods would also be needed (chassis stiffening, shocks/springs,...)...just some stuff to think about.

Good luck.

I could be completely wrong, but the mods on the new transmissions likely have to do with the fact that they have added paddle shifters ( at least on the Flex ). A simple valve body modification would increase the torque capacity as well.

Nope - selectshift is software only. The transmission is already computer controlled. And they did more to the 6F55 than just modify the valve body to handle more torque. The components themselves were beefed up.

Hello. I am new to these forums. My dad has an 07 Ford Edge SEL. It's gonna be my first car. My dad said there is no turbo kit he could get, so I told him about the Turbonetics crew making one. After all i turned out right. I need a release date for it. Thank you again and here is a pic. Right now its filtercharged by K&N racing. We also have Hankook Ventus AS's on there. So, tell us whatcha think. We also have the Lincoln MKX Chrome twenties on there. So comment on what you think of it. Thank you all for the help. P.S. EDGE ROCKS!!!!

WTF its not uploading my pic.

Im asking where we can get the turbo

No one makes a turbo kit for the Edge that I am aware of. You would have to find a shop willing to install a custom turbo set up. Plus the shop would also need to ability to tune the vehicle for the new amounts of air and fuel the engine would need to run properly. There are shops out there that can do this sort of work. But it will cost allot of money. You might be better off selling the Edge and getting a Porsche Cayenne turbo, or BMW X5 4.6 or M class amg if you want a fast SUV, It will be cheaper in the long run..

No one makes a turbo kit for the Edge that I am aware of. You would have to find a shop willing to install a custom turbo set up. Plus the shop would also need to ability to tune the vehicle for the new amounts of air and fuel the engine would need to run properly. There are shops out there that can do this sort of work. But it will cost allot of money. You might be better off selling the Edge and getting a Porsche Cayenne turbo, or BMW X5 4.6 or M class amg if you want a fast SUV, It will be cheaper in the long run..

You don't even really need to go to Luxury brands like that. I've seen Trailblazer SS' and SRT Cherokee's hitting 12's without much effort.

• 4 months later...

You don't even really need to go to Luxury brands like that. I've seen Trailblazer SS' and SRT Cherokee's hitting 12's without much effort.

I'm trading my Trailblazer SS in for a redfire edge SEL tomorrow. It's a good truck, the mileage was just unbearable considering my long distance driving every day going to school. You can't go wrong with one though, just keep in eye on the transmission, the SS goes through transmissions pretty quickly. It's underbuilt for the weight, power, and AWD system.

• 3 months later...

I'm trading my Trailblazer SS in for a redfire edge SEL tomorrow. It's a good truck, the mileage was just unbearable considering my long distance driving every day going to school. You can't go wrong with one though, just keep in eye on the transmission, the SS goes through transmissions pretty quickly. It's underbuilt for the weight, power, and AWD system.

BUMP! Sorry about my grammar error a few posts above. I was hyper that day. Sorry. I'm selling wheels!!! contact me!!!