as for being "fantastic", i like the feature for safety and, i get a discount on my insurance.

whether one can consider that as being "fantastic"...it's a personal choice.

Ford obviously doesn't believe in them - otherwise they would be standard already. The only reason we have a choice is because they're required in Canada and it's cheaper to use the same software for both countries. It's not even advertised as an available feature. So I guess I don't understand why you need to "email Ford and let them know how you feel". If you think they should be standard like Canada then email the NHTSA.

Not everyone wants DRL's. I was browsing on line on this subject & there are many trying to figure out how to shut the DRL's off. Someone commented that they are required to be off at astronomy gatherings & on military bases. Some want to be able to idle to keep their heat or A/C running without needing the lights on as well.

Not everyone wants DRL's. I was browsing on line on this subject & there are many trying to figure out how to shut the DRL's off. Someone commented that they are required to be off at astronomy gatherings & on military bases. Some want to be able to idle to keep their heat or A/C running without needing the lights on as well.

My brother in law has a Chevy and although it took some research the DRL's can be turned off for just that purpose

• 3 weeks later...

good points, but they only turn on when the car is put in gear...just an FYI.