Unlocking Doors without triggering headlights

We were way up north in a remote area fishing and everytime I un-locked the doors using the key-fob the front headlights would come on blinding other campers (not to mention the unnecessary battery drain in a very remote area)

I consulted the manual, but, I could not find a setting that ONLY unlocked the doors without triggerring the headlights. Any ideas (other than clipping the wires as my father-in-law wanted to do.. :finger: )

Thanks

We were way up north in a remote area fishing and everytime I un-locked the doors using the key-fob the front headlights would come on blinding other campers (not to mention the unnecessary battery drain in a very remote area)

I consulted the manual, but, I could not find a setting that ONLY unlocked the doors without triggerring the headlights. Any ideas (other than clipping the wires as my father-in-law wanted to do.. :finger: )

Thanks

Hi d-dmusic. :D What you are talking about is the "Perimeter Lamps Illuminated Entry" system.

You must have accidentally overlooked the instructions for disabling/enabling, as they are in the Owners Manual. In the 2008 Manual, they are located on page 138-139, in the "Locks and Security" section.

And yes, please give your father-in-law an extra shot for the rest of us. :hysterical:

Good luck. :beerchug:

• 1 month later...