Ford Emblem Overlays

Has anyone seen good overlays for the Ford emblems? I know http://www.webxtremes.com/ will do them, but apparently they won't do registered/trademarked stuff (and I understand why, so no gripes with them for that). However, I'm looking to do a custom college related overlay. I suppose I could always get a plain color and paint or add stickers/decals, but if it can all be done professionally it would likely look better. So, any other custom overlay places out there?

Has anyone seen good overlays for the Ford emblems? I know http://www.webxtremes.com/ will do them, but apparently they won't do registered/trademarked stuff (and I understand why, so no gripes with them for that). However, I'm looking to do a custom college related overlay. I suppose I could always get a plain color and paint or add stickers/decals, but if it can all be done professionally it would likely look better. So, any other custom overlay places out there?

check out. i've bought from them

http://www.patriotdecals.com/

IF, and that is a big IF, I ever did a decal.. that "tinted" is about as good as I have seen. They do not have an "Edge" specific section, but looks like you can put in custom size. it seems the least tacky style. that makes me curious if we could just tint - with window tint - that oval to mute it a bit. hmmmm but I wonder if it is just to curved for tint and a heat gun.

IF, and that is a big IF, I ever did a decal.. that "tinted" is about as good as I have seen. They do not have an "Edge" specific section, but looks like you can put in custom size. it seems the least tacky style. that makes me curious if we could just tint - with window tint - that oval to mute it a bit. hmmmm but I wonder if it is just to curved for tint and a heat gun.

Would the heat gun be too much for the emblem? I wonder if it would melt before getting the film on?

They do not have an "Edge" specific section, but looks like you can put in custom size.

Talked with them yesterday and sounds like they just haven't updated the website in a little while. They have the measurements for the Edge emblems on their end and seem very willing to do custom overlays.

• 4 months later...

Funny, I just put on my rear overlay and then used the vinyl tint that I used for my headlights on the front emblem. Turned out great. I used a heat gun also and was a piece of cake to do. I removed the emblem to do it ofcourse. I will post a couple pics soon. Looks more like a blk chrome now.

• 3 months later...

(Sorry to bump such an old thread, but figured I'd ask here instead of making a new one...)

I don't see the tinted overlays on patriotdecals either, does anyone know where to find them? (other than eBay please)

I have a tuxedo black metallic Edge, so I'm thinking the front emblem, since it sits on the chrome grille, would look best in black / chrome and then the back emblem, on the black paint, would look best with a black tint.

The Ford ones can't be made anymore but I really don't want the tacky (IMO) worded kind or a solid black hole. So I did some research and found a place that sells black / chrome Ford emblems (not decals) :D

They don't list them for the Edge, but I read somewhere that they're the same size as the F150 emblems, which they do have.

Can anyone confirm this? Depending on the size, their prices are $30 - $70 each.

If interested just PM me for their site, I don't want them getting shut down before I have a chance to order!

EDIT: I just noticed some discrepancy between their product image vs. the product description, so I've contacted them for clarification. Will confirm if they are infact the black emblems!

I'm not seeing the tinted overlay... Did it disappear during the site redesign?

Edited by chloe13

• 1 month later...

(Sorry to bump such an old thread, but figured I'd ask here instead of making a new one...)

I don't see the tinted overlays on patriotdecals either, does anyone know where to find them? (other than eBay please)

I have a tuxedo black metallic Edge, so I'm thinking the front emblem, since it sits on the chrome grille, would look best in black / chrome and then the back emblem, on the black paint, would look best with a black tint.

The Ford ones can't be made anymore but I really don't want the tacky (IMO) worded kind or a solid black hole. So I did some research and found a place that sells black / chrome Ford emblems (not decals) :D

They don't list them for the Edge, but I read somewhere that they're the same size as the F150 emblems, which they do have.

Can anyone confirm this? Depending on the size, their prices are $30 - $70 each.

If interested just PM me for their site, I don't want them getting shut down before I have a chance to order!

EDIT: I just noticed some discrepancy between their product image vs. the product description, so I've contacted them for clarification. Will confirm if they are infact the black emblems!

Any feedback?

Turned out to just be a mean, mean joke apparently :redcard:

Their website's product image was of completely black and chrome actual Ford emblems, but after talking to them I found out that the ones they'll send you are actually just plain old blue. Though they did try to talk me into them by saying they're a dark "kind of navy" blue.

If anyone else has any luck getting the ones like wkevingossett has, please share!!

Any feedback?

• 1 month later...

For those of you looking for the tint overlay, If you look at my pictures you can see that I tinted mine. I did the front and rear emblems. I used just plain vinyl decal thats tinted. You can buy it in a number of colors. I did my emblems and my headlights with it. Just make sure you use a heatgun and its a piece of cake. The front is held on by a couple nuts and the rear is just double sided taped. I did the whole emblem all the way to the underside. Not sure if thats what you were looking at doing or not but I thought I would chime in and tell ya just incase. Pics are in my gallery. Should be able to see em?? I can get more if needed also.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Everyone...

Does anyone know where i can get black ford emblem that wil fit the front and back of a 2010 ford edge? I have looked every and I can't find any place that will do this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

There's another thread on this site with more info on it. If I find it I will edit this post. with the link.

In it, I posted a link to a "how to" for modding your original one and another site where the guy will do it for you. Ford won't allow anyone to manufacture and sell them anymore, so he can only sell you modded ones.

• 1 month later...