PDI on New Edge?

Bloomer

I'm picking up my '10 Edge SEL on Monday and I want to be as thorough as possible during the PDI. From reading the posts on issues people have had with their rides I'm thinking that pointing out any problems at this time would be beneficial. I'm already thinking about things like A/C, heat, all the power options, roof, exterior and interior for scratches/dents/tares. Is there anything else you can think of that may have been defective on your Edge? I was reading thread about someone's front end not being fastened properly and someone else mentioning weather stripping.

Any suggestions would be great.

I'm picking up my '10 Edge SEL on Monday and I want to be as thorough as possible during the PDI. From reading the posts on issues people have had with their rides I'm thinking that pointing out any problems at this time would be beneficial. I'm already thinking about things like A/C, heat, all the power options, roof, exterior and interior for scratches/dents/tares. Is there anything else you can think of that may have been defective on your Edge? I was reading thread about someone's front end not being fastened properly and someone else mentioning weather stripping.

Any suggestions would be great.

Fit and finish seem to get the most complaints, except for the PTU issue.

The front doors on our 08 MKX didn’t line up with the back doors.

The dealer had to send it to a body shop because he adds pinstriping to all his cars.

We were in for our first warranty work last month and he has stopped pinstriping :wacko:.

ab

Check for the rubber inserts that go in the cupholders, as well as the rubber insert that goes in the storage area that is on top of the dash, above the stereo. they were missing in m in-law's Edge. Also, make sure you get an antenna. Our salesman had to steal one from another Edge on the lot because ours was missing.

We also had a small defect in the paint that needed to be repainted, as well as a door ding on the passenger door handle. They tried to just touch it up, but I made them fill in the chip and re-paint it.

• 7 months later...

if u get the 20" rims make sure they get all the sticky stuff off.

I too had the 'sticky stuff' on the 20" Chrome clad wheels; I noticed this after I took the car home, and started to detail it (clay bar, meguiars polish, then meguiars nxt 2.0 tech wax...). The sticky stuff did not come off w/ soap and water. I then tried wetting a rag w/ acetone and rubbing on the wheel, and it came right instantly. As the wheels are 'chrome clad' (english translation...'chrome colored/treated plastic'), I was not concernd that the acetone would hurt the wheels....and it didn't appear to.

Other than that, no other issues/concerns when I picked the car up....all was well.