Ford accessorie painted grille

One of the things I wanted to change on my Edge Sport was the chrome grille, there is no other chrome on the vehicle so I was checking for any kind of grille option and found that Ford sells what they call "painted grille inserts" I was not sure what the "inserts" would be but I ordered it anyway. When the part arrived I was happy to see that this is a factory painted Ford grille. They sell them in the Sport model colors (black, silver, blue & red) and also unpainted "paint to match" The grille came with instructions but was not a simple job (anyone that has changed there Edge grille knows what I mean)

The front bumper cover has to be removed for access to the grille bolts and tabs that snap into the bumper cover and grille frame. The hardest part was getting the old grille off of the grille frame and the bumper cover. It ended up taking me a couple of hours but once I was done I was very happy.

There was one problem I ran into with the new painted grille, it had long tabs on the back that had to be removed, I didn't find out until I had the new grille snaped into the bumper cover but I was able to remove them without removing the grille from the bumper cover.

I did a search with the part number and found the best price from http://www.partscheap.com/2009_Ford_Edge_G...8200-ad-e09.htm

post-7930-1259718057_thumb.jpg

post-7930-1259718106_thumb.jpg

post-7930-1259718124_thumb.jpg

post-7930-1259718179_thumb.jpg

post-7930-1259718463_thumb.jpg

Edited by dwtc

that looks great! better than I had expected. I wonder what black would look like on my white Edge :)

Hey Mofsteel, where have you seen a billet for the Edge? I like the look of the new Taurus grill.

Here is just one site that I've seen that has them. I don't like the lower billet grill, but I've seen an Edge that had the other 2 and thought it looked great.

I also really like the non-chrome foglights on the Sport. I'm gonna have to see if I can find a part number for those.

Edited by pxb006

that looks great! better than I had expected. I wonder what black would look like on my white Edge :)

Hey Mofsteel, where have you seen a billet for the Edge? I like the look of the new Taurus grill.

Here ya go.

http://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/Precision-803096.html

803096-095.jpg

PRECISION® – “Sixty” Style Mesh Grille. # PG-52309599 – Ford Edge 2007 & UP, 2 pc Upper & Center Bumper Grille. Stainless “Sixty” Style Wire Mesh Grille. Chrome Mesh w/Mirror Bright Trim by PRECISION®. Bumper Grille Available PG-52309699.

PG-52309599.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-09-08-20...1131710005r9286

img.jpg

Very nice.

I have been thinking about either ordering a black grille

or asking the local shop to paint mine matte black.

IMO the billet grilles look horrible.

I have'nt seen any lately, but back in the 80's I had many motorcycle parts "black" chromed. It seems to me if you were interested in a black grill, this might be a good option. I have'nt had any chrome work done in a while, so I don't know what the cost might be. One advantage is that you would'nt have to worry about stone chips in the paint.

I have'nt seen any lately, but back in the 80's I had many motorcycle parts "black" chromed. It seems to me if you were interested in a black grill, this might be a good option. I have'nt had any chrome work done in a while, so I don't know what the cost might be. One advantage is that you would'nt have to worry about stone chips in the paint.

That would be an option if the grille was not plastic.

Only option on the plastic grille would be to paint or plasti-dip it.

If it were metal or aluminum I would opt for powder coating which is more durable than paint.

Since I am almost positive the wheels I will be purchasing are matte black I will either do the same to the grille or leave it as is. I will decide after I put on the wheels.

Black grille should look good on any color Edge. I was going to have mine painted but since Ford sells one that is already painted I figured it would be best to go with the factory painted grille. Chrome can be painted over as long as the proper primer is used over the chrome so the paint won't peel off but you still have the risk of stone chips.

I do like the looks of the Rover and Tarurus grilles. The billet is always a option and I like the looks of a mesh style grille but I don't like how they have the big chrome edge around them.

I went through a few options when I had my 03 Explorer, it came with a chrome grille, I changed it with a black one, then had it painted body color (silver) then I got the street scene "mesh" type grille and ended up with a polished T-rex billet grille, thank god for Ebay :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder what it would cost to paint that Precision mesh grille black. I like how it looks. The painted Ford grille is also being looked at.

I think you would have chipping/peeling problems with a painted stainless steel mesh grille. It could be painted but something to think about is how well it would hold up.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but has anyone ordered the black grill? I was wondering if its just black or metallic black like the sports? I have an 07 that is just black and would like to buy one that is already plain black. Thanks.

you should be able to check with a Ford dealer to see what the paint code is for there black accessorie grille to see if it is the same as you have or if its the metallic black.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

One of the things I wanted to change on my Edge Sport was the chrome grille, there is no other chrome on the vehicle so I was checking for any kind of grille option and found that Ford sells what they call "painted grille inserts" I was not sure what the "inserts" would be but I ordered it anyway. When the part arrived I was happy to see that this is a factory painted Ford grille. They sell them in the Sport model colors (black, silver, blue & red) and also unpainted "paint to match" The grille came with instructions but was not a simple job (anyone that has changed there Edge grille knows what I mean)

The front bumper cover has to be removed for access to the grille bolts and tabs that snap into the bumper cover and grille frame. The hardest part was getting the old grille off of the grille frame and the bumper cover. It ended up taking me a couple of hours but once I was done I was very happy.

There was one problem I ran into with the new painted grille, it had long tabs on the back that had to be removed, I didn't find out until I had the new grille snaped into the bumper cover but I was able to remove them without removing the grille from the bumper cover.

I did a search with the part number and found the best price from http://www.partscheap.com/2009_Ford_Edge_G...8200-ad-e09.htm

Hey guys, I just bought a 2010 Edge and im thinking about changing the grill if i can find one. I tried to search for grills but all i can find are billets and as best i can tell a flat back insert. My Edge is white so i was hoping for a white grill. Does anyone know where i can find one.

Thanks