35W or 55W

A friend of mine has a 08 Edge (not a forum member) he likes the 55w HID's I just installed in our MKX.

He wants HID’s, I’ll have to install them for him.

I’ve convinced him that he wants 5000k instead of the 6000k I have.

Should I order 35W or 55W 5000k for his Edge?

ab

any watt HID kit, 35 or 55, is so much better than stock incandescent light, either watt would be a benefit.

I do not think it would be "to much" but I do not think the $ diff is worth 55w or that it will really matter to most. so, I went 35w as it was all better than stock

Hey Lex. I'm not sure when the last time you check the member pricing for retro's kits but they're only a $6 diff. The slims are even the same price so, to have a brighter light would be worth it I think.

Taken from the group buy post:

PRICING:

Open to all members and any of their friends or family. Members use EDGE coupon code at checkout

-35 watt kits only $145 SHIPPED!

-55 watt higher output kits only $151 SHIPPED!

-55 watt SLIM kits only $151 SHIPPED!

My only concern would be if the 55w burning hotter than the 35w. But I read somewhere that that's a non-issue because the 55w kit has 55w ballasts powering 55w bulbs. The heat issue would be when you're running 35w bulbs with 55w ballasts. Is that right?

Edited by Edgely

yeah, have not looked at price.. but even that aside, didn't see much more benefit to 55w. again, the diff from stock to HID is so huge, 55w was no further benefit in my eye. just because it is a few more dollars does not mean we need it per se. but no harm no foul for either one though.

I love the slim ballast form factor, but not needed in this car - plenty of room for regular electronic ballast. but price is so close, I would likely do it.. but not needed

yeah, have not looked at price.. but even that aside, didn't see much more benefit to 55w. again, the diff from stock to HID is so huge, 55w was no further benefit in my eye. just because it is a few more dollars does not mean we need it per se. but no harm no foul for either one though.

I love the slim ballast form factor, but not needed in this car - plenty of room for regular electronic ballast. but price is so close, I would likely do it.. but not needed

Absolutely agree. 55w - Not needed/necessary but +$6, why not? Slim balasts - Not needed/necessary but @ par price, why not?

After hearing from Dymes that a simple switch of FL and LB plugs will let me run my fogs as DRLs, I'm really going to buy this kit. Getting kind of excited really. :hyper: I'm just waiting to hear back what 's involved.

Edited by Edgely

A friend of mine has a 08 Edge (not a forum member) he likes the 55w HID's I just installed in our MKX.

He wants HID’s, I’ll have to install them for him.

I’ve convinced him that he wants 5000k instead of the 6000k I have.

Should I order 35W or 55W 5000k for his Edge?

ab

OOooPPppSSss I guffed. :doh:

I was upgrading our High's to Silverstar Ultra 9005.

YEP you guessed it I ordered all of the above as 9005 HID instead of H11.

Waiting on reply from Retro.

ab