Blank

MOFSTEEL

+1 :yup:

so how do you like it so far? The navigation unit looks so much better that the older ones :rockon:

Only thing I'm not too found of is the "mushy" brakes. I finally got to experience first hand what others were talking about. Hopefully that will be fixed by Brembo's in the future. :rockon:

Other than that it's great. Still need to read through the NAV manual but I've picked up most of the basic functions by just sitting in the drivers seat and messing around.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

I have been thinking about trading mine in and getting a 2010. I have vapor silver and love the color, hides the dirt. No longer made, but this silver is really nice. I would really like some more goodies. I wound up with a dvd system that I will never use.

I see that you have lites in the cup holders etc that change color. Can you change it to pink? Just curious, saw on tv the Escape has pink lites.

Thanks. :)

I have been thinking about trading mine in and getting a 2010. I have vapor silver and love the color, hides the dirt. No longer made, but this silver is really nice. I would really like some more goodies. I wound up with a dvd system that I will never use.

I see that you have lites in the cup holders etc that change color. Can you change it to pink? Just curious, saw on tv the Escape has pink lites.

Thanks. :)

Thanks, the color is Sterling Grey Metallic. Since my last car was Light Silver Metallic my color choice was a no brainer.

"Available ambient lighting lets you change your mood at whim. LEDs light up the front and rear footwells, front storage areas and front cupholders. Seven colors to choose from: red, yellow, green, blue, purple, white or aqua."

Thanks, the color is Sterling Grey Metallic. Since my last car was Light Silver Metallic my color choice was a no brainer.

"Available ambient lighting lets you change your mood at whim. LEDs light up the front and rear footwells, front storage areas and front cupholders. Seven colors to choose from: red, yellow, green, blue, purple, white or aqua."

No pink. That sucks. Thanks for the list.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your reply MOFSTEEL! Its good to know that its easy to learn considering the Edge is my wife's car [she does very well with electronics so I really wasn't worried about that too much though]

Right now we are using the 36 mo free Sync Services [Traffic, Directions, etc...] which is great, but it dials into their Services Act and then downloads the directions to the vehicles storage. Its good for the most part, but sometimes if you detour, you will have to dial back in to get an updated route. Also we are accustom to being able to see in advance where we are going. Another draw back to using Sync Services is that we only can use one phone as an active phone in order to use the services unless I pay a yearly fee [which isn't too much]

Considering we will keep the Edge for a while. I will more than likely buy the Navi Unit and install it. I have heard of issues with Sync so if I install it my self I will post how/if I get it to work or I might just allow Ford to Install it. :finger:

Just found out that the Traffic, weather, gas prices, movie listings are linked to Sirius Travel Link, which is a 6 mo free service for Ford owners w/ Navi. After that if you want those features you will have to pay a monthly subscription see link http://www.sirius.com/travellink/faq . Guess I will stick with our current setup or at least for now.

Edited by k_m

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my 2010 Ford Edge Sport AWD- Tuxedo Black w/22 tires, panaromic roof and also Navigation. Those were the options I chose. I had a 2008 LTZ Chevy Malibu brand new, with-in two months there was a knock in the front end, they said it was the sway-bar (NOT). Two days later the cluncking is back this time it was part of the boot that needed to replaced, they did it. And again the problem, I traded it for the Ford Edge, let someone else have that headache. I always bought Ford vehicles and my family, I got curious with Chevy and I learned my lesson. The car before it was a 2002 Ford Focus ZTS MACH 4, I sent that to Europe, when i visit every summer the family I need not to rent anymore. I LOVE THAT CAR (FOCUS) I have only 62,300 miles on it. I hope the Edge goes a long way like my Focus. I'm happy for your New Edge, like I am too. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SPRING!!!!!!! :hyper: