Dash Board Kits

I bought a slightly used 2008 Edge Ltd last September and was a little disappointed with the interior trim. Today, I fixed that problem by installing a Honey Burl Wood Dash Kit. That dressed up the interior more to my liking. $160 cost and 2 hours of work.

It might not be good for all, but it sure added a lot of class in my Edge!

http://www.edashkit.com/store/c/2027-2007-UP.html

post-7656-1261804460_thumb.jpg

post-7656-1261804473_thumb.jpg

post-7656-1261804485_thumb.jpg

post-7656-1261804497_thumb.jpg

post-7656-1261804512_thumb.jpg

:stop: Like I said, it isn't for everyone--- least of all, snow-bound folks. :yup:

It was a bright sunny day here--- got up to 55 degrees with calm winds! A perfect day for what I did while some of my northern friends were trying to find their vehicles buried under a little snow.

I don't know what a gaudy faux wood dash kit has to do with weather but my Edge seemed to enjoy plowing through 8-10 inches of snow today. :finger:

Let it snow...let it snow...let it snow!!! :woohoo:

I don't know what a gaudy faux wood dash kit has to do with weather but my Edge seemed to enjoy plowing through 8-10 inches of snow today. :finger:

Let it snow...let it snow...let it snow!!! :woohoo:

The simple fact that the gaudy faux wood dash kit was installed while the sun was shining with the vehicle in my driveway--- I've seen enough snow in my lifetime. I hope that it all stays far North with you.

I grew up in NY and then spent time in Kansas City, Milwaukee, and back to NY again --- I finally escaped in '89 and am quite happy not having to deal with that white stuff. I much prefer the weather here in Houston where gaudy is good! :shades:

The simple fact that the gaudy faux wood dash kit was installed while the sun was shining with the vehicle in my driveway--- I've seen enough snow in my lifetime. I hope that it all stays far North with you.

I grew up in NY and then spent time in Kansas City, Milwaukee, and back to NY again --- I finally escaped in '89 and am quite happy not having to deal with that white stuff. I much prefer the weather here in Houston where gaudy is good! :shades:

Congrats for you having seen snow in the past. :happy feet:

If I wanted to move out of Chicago I would but there is no place like home.

That is why I decided to build a house here just a few months ago.

I think your faux wood dash looks like shit and you think the weather here is shit.

Opinions are just like aholes. At least the snow here is real.

BTW the dash piece is actually brushed aluminum. The shifter surround is plastic.

I'm just not a fan of any wood. I had the choice of a REAL wood dash trim on my Audi and I opted for the carbon fiber. If I wanted to make a change I'd just have the OEM trim wrapped in REAL carbon fiber. Stickers don't do it for me... even the 3D kind.

C'est la vie!

I think your faux wood dash looks like shit and you think the weather here is shit.

BTW the dash piece is actually brushed aluminum. The shifter surround is plastic.

I'm just not a fan of any wood. I had the choice of a REAL wood dash trim on my Audi and I opted for the carbon fiber. If I wanted to make a change I'd just have the OEM trim wrapped in REAL carbon fiber. Stickers don't do it for me... even the 3D kind.

C'est la vie!

We seem to have another member who needs to visit this site.

http://www.bullyonline.org/related/cyber.htm

ab

C'est la vie!

Typical Chicago attitude---- The further North you go, the worse the cabin fever gets--- Real snow with your vehicle burried in it is good! I think all that road salt is eating away at your brain--- We keep getting transplanted Mid-Westerners here in Texas faster than we can re-habilitate them---

Real carbon fiber is drab and boring. If I wanted a drab & boring POS for an interior I'd have done it in CF---

The beautiful weather here is real. You have fun playing in the snow if you can find your car! :rant:

Typical Chicago attitude---- The further North you go, the worse the cabin fever gets--- Real snow with your vehicle burried in it is good! I think all that road salt is eating away at your brain--- We keep getting transplanted Mid-Westerners here in Texas faster than we can re-habilitate them---

Real carbon fiber is drab and boring. If I wanted a drab & boring POS for an interior I'd have done it in CF---

The beautiful weather here is real. You have fun playing in the snow if you can find your car! :rant:

What is buried*? Certainly not my car because it stays nice and warm in my garage every night.

I even had a water spigot installed in my garage so I could wash her in the winter months.

Funny you speak negatively of other transplants and you even said yourself that you are a transplant. :hysterical:

A dbag calling others just like him dbags. :redcard:

REAL carbon fiber is stylish and REAL unlike the plastic wood stickers you installed on your Edge.

I'm guessing your next mod will be teddy bear wheels. :banghead:

ronal_teddy_bear_wheel.jpg

No worries... it's your car and you have to drive it. Not me.

Sounds like the heat has helped evaporate all your common sense and distorted your eyesight.

Not everyone detests the snow and cold weather like yourself. Again if it actually bothered me I would not choose to live here. :doh:

Edited by MOFSTEEL

C'est la vie!

And the next troll to banned should be .....? :redcard:

What is buried*? Certainly not my car because it stays nice and warm in my garage every night.

I even had a water spigot put installed in my garage so I could wash her in the winter months.

Funny you speak negatively of other transplants and you even said yourself that you are a transplant. :hysterical:

A dbag calling others just like him dbags. :redcard:

REAL carbon fiber is stylish and REAL unlike the plastic wood stickers you installed on your Edge.

I'm guessing your next mod will be teddy bear wheels. :banghead:

ronal_teddy_bear_wheel.jpg

No worries... it's your car and you have to drive it. Not me.

Sounds like the heat has helped evaporate all your common sense and distorted your eyesight.

Not everyone detests the snow and cold weather like yourself. Again if it actually bothered me I would not choose to live here. :doh:

You do have a real way of interpertating what I write. I'll bet you are a lot of fun to work with!

At this point, I'll allow you to roll in the dirt all alone. I find it very difficult to argue with a person of your intelligence! :wacko:

What is it?!?

A guy puts in a dash kit and a fight breaks out.

I dont see any one asking for opinions or a "how do you like it?"

Let it go...Cool down....Use your head...Grow up..... You all know the phrases.

I think of this site as a friendly community of people who want knowledge and sometimes help or to just show others what they are doing with their Edge/MKX. This type of derogatory comments has no place on this forum. IMHO although, as noted, no one asked.

And the next troll to banned should be .....? :redcard:

If you read the thread from the beginning you would see my first comment is " :( ".

Just simply meant I don't like it. I didn't attack the OP, his car, or where he lived.

Right away he became ignorant and started insulting everything about me he could possibly muster up.

Maybe some of you are new at forums but this is a place where people state opinions. (Good and bad)

If you don't want anyone to say they don't like what you did to your car then don't post pics on a public forum.

I swear some of you must live in a box. "Grow up" is right.

C'est la vie!

I wasn't going to point this out to you, but you are the one who started the "shit".

Of course, I'm the bad guy for making a comment about weather in Chicago--- so, go shovel that white shit so you can go play in the stuff with your Edge---

I wasn't going to point this out to you, but you are the one who started the "shit".

Of course, I'm the bad guy for making a comment about weather in Chicago--- so, go shovel that white shit so you can go play in the stuff with your Edge---

your upgrade :shades:

This is similar to the kit I used on my Z.

http://www.carpromods.com/product/MimoUSA-...ts/Default.aspx

Here is a quote from the link above.

"The objectives of bullies are Power, Control, Domination, Subjugation. They get a kick out of seeing you react. It doesn't matter how you react, the fact they've successful provoked a reaction is, to the bully, a sign that their attempt at control have been successful. After that, it's a question of wearing you down. The more your try to explain, negotiate, conciliate, etc the more gratification they obtain from your increasingly desperate attempts to communicate with them. Understand that it is not possible to communicate in a mature adult manner with a disordered individual who's emotionally retarded."

I have to re-read this part often.

"The Number One rule for dealing with this type of behaviour is: don't respond, don't interact and don't engage. This is not as easy to do as it sounds. It's a natural response to want to defend yourself, and to put the person right. However, never argue with a serial bully; it's not a mature adult discussion, but like dealing with a child or immature teenager; whilst the serial bully may be an adult on the outside, on the inside they are like a child who's never grown up - and probably never will. Serial bullies and harassers often have disordered thinking patterns and do not share the same thoughts or values as you."

ab

your upgrade :shades:

This is similar to the kit I used on my Z.

http://www.carpromods.com/product/MimoUSA-...ts/Default.aspx

Here is a quote from the link above.

"The objectives of bullies are Power, Control, Domination, Subjugation. They get a kick out of seeing you react. It doesn't matter how you react, the fact they've successful provoked a reaction is, to the bully, a sign that their attempt at control have been successful. After that, it's a question of wearing you down. The more your try to explain, negotiate, conciliate, etc the more gratification they obtain from your increasingly desperate attempts to communicate with them. Understand that it is not possible to communicate in a mature adult manner with a disordered individual who's emotionally retarded."

I have to re-read this part often.

"The Number One rule for dealing with this type of behaviour is: don't respond, don't interact and don't engage. This is not as easy to do as it sounds. It's a natural response to want to defend yourself, and to put the person right. However, never argue with a serial bully; it's not a mature adult discussion, but like dealing with a child or immature teenager; whilst the serial bully may be an adult on the outside, on the inside they are like a child who's never grown up - and probably never will. Serial bullies and harassers often have disordered thinking patterns and do not share the same thoughts or values as you."

ab

Truer words have never been printed! As Teddy Roosevelt would have said,"Bully for you!" :hysterical:

I try to never comment on something I dislike if there is a person who has done it and likes it. I will usually only comment on wrong technical advice, and sometimes simply pass that up because there are folks who, no matter how logical you explain it, will never believe it anyway!

I spent 30+ years in the automotive business-- mostly engaged in the technical equipment (diagnostic, Alignment, balancing & brake) and have found out that there are some folks who, no matter what you tell them, will never believe you because their daddy did it a certain way for years with success, and that's the way they are gonna do it. :banghead: