Do I have an external Temp display?

2010 Edgar SEL AWD

Hmm - It seems I don't have an EXT button.. I have the manual climate control - not the dual zone one. I could have sworn though that in some media I saw that the ext temp was displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the radio display.

Nope, no Ford that I know of has ever used the radio display for any temperature readings (not including navigation systems). The manual climate system doesn't have an external temperature sensor, so you won't have an external temperature reading.

Nope, no Ford that I know of has ever used the radio display for any temperature readings (not including navigation systems). The manual climate system doesn't have an external temperature sensor, so you won't have an external temperature reading.

That's what I've figured. I'm not upset there isn't one as if it meant that much to me I would have known about it. Though, I do think that with all the safety issues, you'd think the addition of a very inexpensive external temperature sensor would be a high priority on the list. Telling the driver there is likely ice on the road is certainly safer than letting the driver rely on the vehicle's other safety features; as warning a driver might make the driver slow down BEFORE the need for traction control, AWD, Air bags, Crumple zones, etc, etc, etc.. Just my .02 Edited by 2010 Edgar SEL AWD

Though, I do think that with all the safety issues, you'd think the addition of a very inexpensive external temperature sensor would be a high priority on the list.

Sadly, the temperature sensor is already present. Typically, the exterior temperature displays use the intake air temperature sensor that is on the intake tube shortly after the air filter, near the mass air flow sensor. The computer uses this for the air/fuel mixture curves, as it relates to air density.

-Dan

Sadly, the temperature sensor is already present. Typically, the exterior temperature displays use the intake air temperature sensor that is on the intake tube shortly after the air filter, near the mass air flow sensor. The computer uses this for the air/fuel mixture curves, as it relates to air density.

-Dan

Not on Fords - at least not on my previous vehicles. It's actually a separate sensor in the front grille area.

Hmm - It seems I don't have an EXT button.. I have the manual climate control - not the dual zone one. I could have sworn though that in some media I saw that the ext temp was displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the radio display.

I have a 2010 SE FWD and saw an unlit "External Temp" readout on the digital trip meter but don't have the slightest idea how to make it work. Definitely not in the owner's manual.

According to Ford's Official website:

Untitled-1.png

apparently, even the entry level Edge (SE FWD) comes with this function.

I have a 2010 SE FWD and saw an unlit "External Temp" readout on the digital trip meter but don't have the slightest idea how to make it work. Definitely not in the owner's manual.

According to Ford's Official website:

Untitled-1.png

apparently, even the entry level Edge (SE FWD) comes with this function.

That must be the media in which I had seen it as STANDARD equipment on the SEL AWD.. Hmm.. Not happy about that now.