XM Radio

igcitng

Since 2004 I have had an XM radio, the last few years I have had it in my office. With the merge of Sirius and XM things have just changed too much and I decided to not renew my radio this year. I have mentioned this in a few XM posts recently. I received a letter in December stating that it was up for renewal Jan 24 2010. Before Christmas I called to cancel it. I was told it would not renew. Surprise. Yesterday I came back to work after being off sick and out of habit turned it on. It works. So I go online to check my credit card and sure enough they renewed it for a year and charged me $164.00. This is after all of the harassing calls for the XM in the Edge, so I was hot. I called my card and put in a dispute. Then I called XM to cancel it. She kept me on the phone for 20 minutes trying to get me to keep it. How about half price? How about half price minus 25 dollars? We would be happy to refund the difference. I would have none of it. Then she tells me that they will refund me a prorated amount. I told her no way, I cancelled in plenty of time. Finally when I told her I had a dispute in with the credit card she agreed to refund the whole thing. So be warned if you cancel an XM radio that is already being paid on a credit card.

yeah.. not the first time I heard this as, in the fine print, they tell you they charge you card automatically. But, your canceling should have stopped that.

I had 3 subs, went to 2, and then in Dec called to cancel and go to 1. BUT, they offered me such a killer deal to keep 2, literally half the price, I kept 2 as I want to keep getting Howard Stern through the year. I told them I did not care if I kept it and was fine with canceling, but they offered to me the 1/2 price AND free internet on 1 account (which use to be free anyway). So, they held the wolves back for 1 more year for me.

It was great when you could stream XM online, I used it all of the time. When they stopped that I dragged my system to the office. I have had it on auto renewal all of these years and that is why I cancelled, did not want it to hit the card. I am using my old iPhone as an iPod in the office, just had to get a little set of speakers and I am all set. Will save money in years to come and I can load my own tunes, the ones I don't hear on XM anymore. 2009 was an expensive year for me and I felt this was one way to save a few dollars and still enjoy my tunes. If I still enjoyed the programming I probobly would have given in. I know XM is in financial trouble, another reason I did not want to drop $$ for a year of service and then lose it if they go under. I am just so mad at them for their unfair actions, borders on a scam.

It was great when you could stream XM online, I used it all of the time. When they stopped that I dragged my system to the office. I have had it on auto renewal all of these years and that is why I cancelled, did not want it to hit the card. I am using my old iPhone as an iPod in the office, just had to get a little set of speakers and I am all set. Will save money in years to come and I can load my own tunes, the ones I don't hear on XM anymore. 2009 was an expensive year for me and I felt this was one way to save a few dollars and still enjoy my tunes. If I still enjoyed the programming I probobly would have given in. I know XM is in financial trouble, another reason I did not want to drop $$ for a year of service and then lose it if they go under. I am just so mad at them for their unfair actions, borders on a scam.

This is what happens when your the only show in town. Things were much better when the 2 companies competed.

So was it Pakistan or afghanistan that the call center was in.

I am a dealer since we sell there Crap and it is crap now.

They canceled all the dealer accounts at small specialty stores.

I threatened them with a class action lawsuit since Best Try was still getting there accounts for free along with Wal mart.

I had my dealer accounts back on within an hour , told some other shop the same thing and they were successful as well.

I told them get a clue i am not paying to demo your service.

Since 2004 I have had an XM radio, the last few years I have had it in my office. With the merge of Sirius and XM things have just changed too much and I decided to not renew my radio this year. I have mentioned this in a few XM posts recently. I received a letter in December stating that it was up for renewal Jan 24 2010. Before Christmas I called to cancel it. I was told it would not renew. Surprise. Yesterday I came back to work after being off sick and out of habit turned it on. It works. So I go online to check my credit card and sure enough they renewed it for a year and charged me $164.00. This is after all of the harassing calls for the XM in the Edge, so I was hot. I called my card and put in a dispute. Then I called XM to cancel it. She kept me on the phone for 20 minutes trying to get me to keep it. How about half price? How about half price minus 25 dollars? We would be happy to refund the difference. I would have none of it. Then she tells me that they will refund me a prorated amount. I told her no way, I cancelled in plenty of time. Finally when I told her I had a dispute in with the credit card she agreed to refund the whole thing. So be warned if you cancel an XM radio that is already being paid on a credit card.

My experience with them has been just the opposite-- I called them to cancel. I was paid up for a year. They gave me an immediate refund of slightly more then $90--- I never ever said I was going to lite -up a Sirius unit ---

I did tell them that my receiver was dead and off the air. That may have made the difference!

I am pretty convinced that the country's financial situtation and their own is making them fight for the business however they can get it now. Right now people can't pay their necessary bills let along pay for XM radio so I am sure they are losing business left and right. That does not give them the right to be dishonest and sneaky.

The people I talked to sounded Aamerican, but the guy I talked to in December definitely was in one of those places . . .