2010 Nav Question

jpeckinp

Actually the hard drive is 40GB, but 30 of it is reserved for the Nav and Gracenotes database, leaving 10 available for the Jukebox. The database is updated with a DVD that you must purchase, but once the DVD "downloads" it's content to the hard drive, you can throw away the disc. There is no separate DVD slot for the Nav disc like in the system on the 2008.

Actually the hard drive is 40GB, but 30 of it is reserved for the Nav and Gracenotes database, leaving 10 available for the Jukebox. The database is updated with a DVD that you must purchase, but once the DVD "downloads" it's content to the hard drive, you can throw away the disc. There is no separate DVD slot for the Nav disc like in the system on the 2008.

Thanks

Unfortunately our dealer didn't have a limited model with Navigation.

Has anyone installed Ford's navigation unit while being able to keep all the sync functions and steering wheel controls. We have the 3.1 version of sync so I would probably need to order their latest unit.

Also how does everyone like it? From what I have read the audio is bad, but does the maps show traffic, weather, etc......

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2010 with just the Sync, no navi. I love it. With all the good portable GPS units on the market for a fraction of the cost of the in dash Nav unit I am not sure you could convince me to go with the in dash. If I run out the door without the GPS and need directions Sync can get me there. Tom Tom has a service you can subscribe to for getting traffic and weather data over your cell phone and up to the GPS unit via blue tooth.