Shocked! - Sun Shade-Vista Roof Rattle Fix....LOOK

I recently had my 08 Edge Limited in for a Vista Roof Rattle at my local Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Dealer for 5 day's, prior to a 4,400 mile road trip from the Midwest to the West coast and back. This was the second time the dealer had the vehicle in for the same repair. Not only is the rattle worse, but this is how it was returned to me. At this point, I'm not sure what my next step is. The pictures speak for themselves.

post-2487-12667418140669_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667418544217_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667418804995_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667419008897_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667419486539_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667419853727_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667420248548_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667421110154_thumb.jpg

post-2487-1266744667407_thumb.jpg

Edited by kenoking1

Aiyyyeeeee !!! Terrible ! This happened to me too. The tech attached the sunroof shade upside down (that's why the rails are showing). When I showed it to the service manager, he was just beside himself. Even he thought "WTH ?!". I had to bring it back another day but they DID fix it right. Sorry friend.

• 1 month later...

I recently had my 08 Edge Limited in for a Vista Roof Rattle at my local Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Dealer for 5 day's, prior to a 4,400 mile road trip from the Midwest to the West coast and back. This was the second time the dealer had the vehicle in for the same repair. Not only is the rattle worse, but this is how it was returned to me. At this point, I'm not sure what my next step is. The pictures speak for themselves.

post-2487-12667418140669_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667418544217_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667418804995_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667419008897_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667419486539_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667419853727_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667420248548_thumb.jpgpost-2487-12667421110154_thumb.jpg

E-mail Ford directly with which dealer preformed the work and send your pictures. I had some warranty work done on mine and Ford sent a survey on how well the dealer did, so I told them what happened and they didn't fix it the first time and it had to stay. Well they called, then a week later the service mngr from the dealer called and said that he got a call....... as they say "IT rolls down hill"

stuff like this is why I never go to the dealer IF there is a chance I can fix it myself.. not that you could have, just saying that going in for something means you can come out with something else.

one of the beauties of this forum is finding self help so you can avoid the dealer :)

I couldn't agree more. On rare occassions, I'll get my car back from service with other issues...(ie: I took my F250 in for a tranny fluid flush/replace, and the car would not go into drive when I picked it up; they somehow re-adjusted the shift linkage so the gears were 'one off'....'D' was neutral). You know the mechanic knew this the second he drove it out of the service bay, but didn't bother to fix until I picked it up. Same visit, I also had the power steering fluid flushed, and later checked the level, only to find there was no level; the tech did not put enough fluid back in (you would think checking the level after changing the fluid is a given...wouldn't you???) I didn't get a tech on the 'A-team' working on my truck this visit.

Now as wierd as this may sound, I'm pleased w/ my Ford dealer in the sense that they always treat me right, immediately fix what they screw up, never argue when they screw-up, give me loaners,...I just hate that things get screwed up in the first place. I know 'stuff' sometimes happens, but when its obvious and not fixed...well, let's just hope the tech/mechanic a good talking to from his boss.

The sad thing is that this reflects badly on Ford, or for Ford product, when in reality, is caused not by Ford, but rather the id@#t that did the repair. Kind of makes you wonder if anyone at the dealership oversees the work done by the techs/mechanics? You know, it wouldn't take much for one person to do 'Quality Control' after a repair is done, just to make sure all is well (ie: the transmission engages when placed in 'D', trim pieces are re-installed properly, ...).

Good luck, and hopefully, the dealership will make it right without giving you any problems. I'm not sure if you know the owner of the dealership, but it may not be a bad idea to get with him/her and let them know what's going on. Unless the owner of the dealership is a total more-off, they will make certain all is fixed to your satisfaction; if not for happy customers, they would not be in business, and especially in the current economic envrionment, keeping customers happy is what it's all about.

Good luck, and hope all turns out well.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

After 5000 miles on my 2010 Edge I noticed a rattle coming from the sunroof area. I also noticed the sunshade was wrinkled. Took it to the dealer and it was there for one week! They told me they installed (3) three new sunshades and could not get rid of the wrinkle. They told me to "let it settle." They also told me that they could not duplicate the rattle. I went to the dealer and pick up the vehicle and before I could leave the lot i heard the rattle. I turned around and got the shop manager to take a ride with me. He heard it and could not believe they missed it. Well it's been (4) days in the shop since then and I have heard nothing. Nothing like riding around in a piece of cr*p rental car.