Waiting for my Edge

nlr

I ordered my Edge 12 weeks ago and I am still waiting and getting very frustrated. I ordered the SEL with the Vista roof and navigation system. I am getting very jealous reading about all the people that ordered theirs after me who have already received theirs. My dealer isn't giving me much information about why I am waiting so long. I was told a few weeks ago that it was on the list to be delivered that week.....still no Edge. I don't know what to do :-(

I WANT MY EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered my Edge 12 weeks ago and I am still waiting and getting very frustrated. I ordered the SEL with the Vista roof and navigation system. I am getting very jealous reading about all the people that ordered theirs after me who have already received theirs. My dealer isn't giving me much information about why I am waiting so long. I was told a few weeks ago that it was on the list to be delivered that week.....still no Edge. I don't know what to do :-(

from xxhotedge. it too 15 weeks for me to get my edge. ordered nov. 17 it came in feb. 28. be cool it is worth it!

:stop: Oh don't even go there. You have got to be kidding! Do you have a VIN? Has anyone checked it for you? Are you sure it's ordered???? I'm getting worked up over 5 weeks.....I can't wait 12 or more!!!

:stop: Oh don't even go there. You have got to be kidding! Do you have a VIN? Has anyone checked it for you? Are you sure it's ordered???? I'm getting worked up over 5 weeks.....I can't wait 12 or more!!!

How long did they originally tell you guys it would take? I was told 5-6 weeks by 3 different dealers when I was shopping around for my MKX (which I haven't gotten yet but there is a backup in inventory that I'll take if it doesn't arrive in time).

I can't believe you guys are waiting that long!

We went to the dealer, liked the car, came back and told them what we wanted. He found one at another dealership and made arrangements to pick it up. Didn't even charge me. We got exactly what we wanted without going through the official "ordering".

This dealer did the same thing for another new car (Chrysler) I bought a couple of years ago.

What's the advantage to ordering direct?

My dealer tried to find one in our area that I wanted - none of them had navs in the colours I wanted - couldn't even steal one off another dealer list.

So.. to get what I wanted - it had to be ordered..

I'm surprised to hear about the lengthy delivery times. I ordered my SEL Plus on March 2 and it came in on April 2. My business partner ordered his on Feb 2 and it came in on March 2. Neither one had Nav systems or 'The BAMR". I did get the "new' chrome clad 18" wheels, they look great on Black! AL

Same here, in January it was almost impossible to find an Edge on a dealers lot her in Houston. They were being sold as soon as they came in. I wasn't in a big hurry so I thought I would order one and get everything I wanted. When I originally ordered they told me 6-8 weeks.

I talked to the dealership today and an Edge that was order before mine just came in, so there is hope :-)

It has left the factory and is somewhere in transit. I think the big delay was just the combination of the 18inch wheels, the Nav system and some sort of delivery hold up here in Texas

YEAH!

My dealer tried to find one in our area that I wanted - none of them had navs in the colours I wanted - couldn't even steal one off another dealer list.

So.. to get what I wanted - it had to be ordered..

Well it is now close to 13 weeks and still no Edge! The dealership is now telling me it is lost. Supposedly it left the plant a couple of weeks ago and they don't know where it is now. They keep telling it will turn up any day now.

In the mean time I have had to pay for an inspection on my Explorer (which I plan on trading in) and my registration expires at the end of the month so will probably end up having to pay for that too.

I tend to be a very trusting person but I am beginning to wonder just what is going on. I am getting the A plan price on my Edge so I guess the dealership doesn't make too much on it so maybe they just don't care. I bought my Explorer (A Plan off the lot) from this place and never had any problems. I have thought about telling them to forget it and try to find something that is on a Ford lot somewhere, but I can't seem to find an SEL+ with Vista roof and Nav system any where in Houston at the moment except for a black one which I really don't want.

This is my first time ordering a car and will definately be my last.

That is to bad NLR.....frunstrating. We bought A plan too and yes, you do wonder how hard they will work for you since they don't make nearly as much on those plans.

My local dealer was not so interested in finding me a Redfire SEL plus with the Nav, camel interior and the roof so I went to a much smaller dealer 25 miles away. In an hour he called back saying he found exactly what I wanted in Philidelphia.....thats like 80 miles from me. He went up there got it, brought it back for me on just a verbal agreement for me to look at it. I drove it home 2 days later. Some folks just go the extra bit for ya and some don't.

Well it is now close to 13 weeks and still no Edge! The dealership is now telling me it is lost. Supposedly it left the plant a couple of weeks ago and they don't know where it is now. They keep telling it will turn up any day now.

In the mean time I have had to pay for an inspection on my Explorer (which I plan on trading in) and my registration expires at the end of the month so will probably end up having to pay for that too.

I tend to be a very trusting person but I am beginning to wonder just what is going on. I am getting the A plan price on my Edge so I guess the dealership doesn't make too much on it so maybe they just don't care. I bought my Explorer (A Plan off the lot) from this place and never had any problems. I have thought about telling them to forget it and try to find something that is on a Ford lot somewhere, but I can't seem to find an SEL+ with Vista roof and Nav system any where in Houston at the moment except for a black one which I really don't want.

This is my first time ordering a car and will definately be my last.

NLR.....sounds like you are being too trusting. I'll ask you again....did you get a VIN # from your dealer? If you have not or if they are unwilling to give it to you then I would have to guess that A. it was ordered, delivered & sold or B. that they never ordered it for you. I know that dealers in my area have them on their lot and if your's isn't ordered they should be able to find one for you. Good luck!

How is the customer service at this Ford dealer? Are they Blue Oval Certified?? It sounds to me like they either forgot to order it or someone dropped the ball and could of dealer traded it!! Go to the top dog--the GM and demand your VIN so you can search yourself. :stop:

Keep us posted!

I emailed the GM (who is the owners son) yesterday and explained the whole situation to him and asked for him to look into it and asked for my vin#. I'm going to give him a few days to reply and if I don't hear back my brother-in-law who works for Ford up in Detroit is going to see what he can do at his end. I have bought cars through this dealership before and never had any problems even with the A plan.

I am close to just going to another dealership but I hate to start all over again and I am not sure how it would work with A plan since they used my code to order this vehicle.

I'm going to get my Edge!

Noreen

How is the customer service at this Ford dealer? Are they Blue Oval Certified?? It sounds to me like they either forgot to order it or someone dropped the ball and could of dealer traded it!! Go to the top dog--the GM and demand your VIN so you can search yourself. :stop:

Keep us posted!

NLR...U WILL HATE ME...I WALKED INTO MY DEALER ON THURSDAY 12 APRIL AND DROVE OUT IN 1.5 HRS WITH THE AMETHYST METALLIC SEL AWD W ROOF...THEY HAD 3 TOTAL EDGES ON THE LOT...MINE ARRIVED 30 MIN BEFORE I GOT THERE BY TRUCK...I DID NOT KNOW PEOPLE WERE HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THESE...

GOOD LUCK

nlr,

Check with David Rush @ McRee Ford he may be able to help you, he did a great job for us. We were there Saturday getting our plates for our Edge and noticed they had about 12 Edges of all types and they are located in the Houston area. Don't know what side of Houston your on, but I know David handles Credit Union/ fleet sales for McRee. I ordered mine from McRee and got it 8 weeks. Good Luck, Don

After 89 days of waiting I received the call I have been waiting for....my Edge was delivered to the dealership today :happy feet: I will be picking it up tomorrow. It seems a little strange that two days after talking to the GM all of a sudden the missing car turns up.

Can't wait until tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 89 days of waiting I received the call I have been waiting for....my Edge was delivered to the dealership today :happy feet: I will be picking it up tomorrow. It seems a little strange that two days after talking to the GM all of a sudden the missing car turns up.

Can't wait until tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shades: Strange it is......Either way enjoy! :yup:

Just out of curiosity.....check your window sticker tomorrow when you pick it up. Is the "sold to" your dealer or another dealer? In other words I wonder if they didn't dealer trade it after you called. I guess I am the "non-trusting one".....hoping to see mine soon!

Both Sue and I are waiting for AWD with roof and NAV..

Her order was Feb 28 mine was Mar 20 - I was serialized in 2 days - and ready for production this week.

Get the dealer to get your VIN - visit blueovalforums.com - post under vehicle locater by ford employees.

Be persistent with your dealer

Well you win the prize for longest wait! I picked up my Edge last night and I love it! I was a little worried about the color (Blazing Copper) but now that I have seen it I am so glad I took the leap, it looks great. I have the NAV and vista roof, rear backing sensor, rear cargo management system. I am going to try and get a picture today and will post it.

Noreen

These waits are tough to take..I've been waiting since Jan 2nd and still not serialized. Out of curiosity does your Edge have the nav system and/or the Vista roof?

Enjoy.