Mimicking the look of a vista roof

I bought our 2010 Edge Sport without a Vista roof, My wife doesn't like the glass and trouble but I like the look of the vehicles exterior with the black glass; it looks much sportier. I don't think painting the roof black will mimick the glass look though, maybe black with a platinum pearl? Any ideas on the color to achieve this effect, any nay sayers on the look?

what color is your sport?

I don't think it would look bad, the Steeda Edge looks pretty good with the roof painted.

The Steeda Edge is nicely done. Our sport is blue, now I think a all black roof with perhaps the platinum pearl would set the roof off nicely with the tinted side windows...... Kind of like the Vista roof does.

Edited by bender

I was thinking of this EXACT item

but maybe I misunderstood the OP... I thought the OP wanted to mimic a glass roof, and that would be weak. Painting would not be so bad IF you also painted the hood. But to try to make it "look" like a vista roof, but it is not, is just asking to get clowned. and resale???

I saw do it if you but vinyl it. That way if you want to make a change down the rood you'll just have to peel it off.

I suggest going with a gloss black so it looks painted.

This mod is popular with the Euro crowd.

img_1458.jpg

79836d1236905355-my-e39-m5-silver-black-charcoal-hre-wheels-black-roof-bugzy_m5_blackcharcoalhre_4.jpg

Vinyl would be a nice way to protect the paint and achieve a blacked out roof, I do think vinyl would be next to impossible to apply with the rib extrusions. I don't think blacking the roof out would hurt resale value as the Ford dealership warranties all it's paint like the factory does, but I've pretty well talked myself out of doing this for the time being.

Very good second thought Bender. You sure wouldnt want to be like the Euro Trash crowd.

They put down all other makes while riceing out their rides.

I guess you gotta be a Kraut car owner to understand.......

I find it funny that you drive a Ford with plastic hub caps glued on to a rim and you're calling Euro car owners ricers. :redcard:

Fords are great cars. My other car is Merc. Mountainerer. Lincolns are different. Styling, interior layout, ect. Yes running gear is the same.

If you are concerned with $ then Lincoln is not for you, however calling it an overpriced Ford is not accurate.

I do wonder why you choose to jump on my post about K-cars, you being a proud owner of a reasonably priced Ford.

Whatever......Live well and have a good day.

Fords are great cars. My other car is Merc. Mountainerer. Lincolns are different. Styling, interior layout, ect. Yes running gear is the same.

If you are concerned with $ then Lincoln is not for you, however calling it an overpriced Ford is not accurate.

I do wonder why you choose to jump on my post about K-cars, you being a proud owner of a reasonably priced Ford.

Whatever......Live well and have a good day.

Ford does have some good cars but I wouldnt put them up against the Euro market.

They are out of their league when compared to Audi and BMW.

As far as money I like to get the best bang for my buck and paying a few K extra for a different grille and some Lincoln badges isnt exactly a smart buy in my mind.

Implying that you're not worried about "$" when you drive an 07 Lincoln honestly made me chuckle.

Unlike you I have a love for all cars and not just Ford products. Even though I like my Edge I wouldnt consider it the end all.

Ford does have some good cars but I wouldnt put them up against the Euro market.

They are out of their league when compared to Audi and BMW.

As far as money I like to get the best bang for my buck and paying a few K extra for a different grille and some Lincoln badges isnt exactly a smart buy in my mind.

Implying that you're not worried about "$" when you drive an 07 Lincoln honestly made me chuckle.

Unlike you I have a love for all cars and not just Ford products. Even though I like my Edge I wouldnt consider it the end all.

You boys want bang for your buck.... go out and buy yourself a BMW S1000RR street bike with 184 rwhp, does 150mph + in the quater mile and 190mph wfo........ comes with full abs and traction control for less than half the price of a well equiped edge, you won't even be thinking about a lincoln when you roll in off the track. I've got to go to bed now I'm a little pissed up.