Ford Edge Forum
UnderConstruction

How to remove the foglight plastic/chrome bezel?

I'm trying to remove the plastic bezel from the drivers side foglight. My passengers bezel is broke and now it's just empty space, but the drivers side has the plastic. It looks funkey to me, but if anybody has any advice on removal I would appreciate it so much. Thanks

do it from the back, there are little tabs and they are very snug and hard to get to unless you come in from behind - via the wheel well for example. turn car wheels out, come in from wheel well and unscrew the inner cover and you can get some access to the tabs that hold them in place.

Les is exactly right. There is a pic of the chrome tabs that need to be pinched & pushed in this post. Not real easy to get to, but doable thru the wheel well. May have to remove the splash shield under the bumper also. I am not sure.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/4160-replaced-fog-lights/

I actually used a flat head screwdriver and a thin piece of plastic and popped it off of mine. very easy. takes less than a minute to remove both

Edited by sabtaj1

I suspect you "could" use the flat head from the front method if that is what your implying, but mine were so tight and snug, I would have marred up the plastic trying it slide a driver in between that tight tolerance, so I went through the back

Thats exactly how I did mine. I also used a piece of plasic (the plastic like squeegee you use for vinyl decal install, if you know what I mean). I slid that in first then pryed against it with the screwdriver. worked good

where can I order one of these fog light covers? I look down today and my driver side is missing

Its very simple, do not over think it, all you have to do is take a flat head screwdriver or small pry bar, and come at it from the front on the inner part, there are two tabs, one on the top and bottom, once those come out it will just pop out. this is on the earlier models, like 07