DAMAGED 22" RIMS FORD EDGE SPORT

sladeyboy

Hi guys. Just took delivery of our new 2010 edge sport yesterday and the second time the wife has driven it she kerbs the rear wheel putting a nice scrape on the edge of the rim. To say i was pissed off is an understatement!!

We have been told we have the only Edge sport in the country and have waited for delivery of this for about 4 months. Is there any way these rims can be repaired. I had a F150 harley davidson a while back with 20" wheels and they were chrome and I dont think they could be repaired either.

Any help would be appreciated. Also Whats the best way to give the edge some more Ummpphhh. Compared to the F150 it sounds so weak and 'normal!'

Thanks very much

Neil

Hi guys. Just took delivery of our new 2010 edge sport yesterday and the second time the wife has driven it she kerbs the rear wheel putting a nice scrape on the edge of the rim. To say i was pissed off is an understatement!!

We have been told we have the only Edge sport in the country and have waited for delivery of this for about 4 months. Is there any way these rims can be repaired. I had a F150 harley davidson a while back with 20" wheels and they were chrome and I dont think they could be repaired either.

Any help would be appreciated. Also Whats the best way to give the edge some more Ummpphhh. Compared to the F150 it sounds so weak and 'normal!'

Thanks very much

Neil

Hi Neil. :D Congratulations on your new Edge Sport, but OUCH, my condolences on the wheel damage.

Yes, there are companies that repair aluminum wheels. You can try to locate a reputable one in your area by visiting a few of your local Speed Shops and asking for wheel repair company recommendations, or just Google "aluminum wheel repair". I would do both, then weed down the list to one you feel comfortable with.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks very much

Neil

Neil,

I had some pretty significant damage from hitting a pothole and was able to get my alloy wheels repaired on my old car. There are certainly places out there that can fix scrapes. It sounds like you're not in the US, so maybe wheel repair places aren't as prevalent where you are. Curb scraping is pretty easy to repair though, so I'd keep looking around for someone that can repair them for you.

I feel your pain. We picked-up our 2010 Edge on 4/30. This past Saturday, with only 193 miles in the ticker, a shopping cart hit the passenger door and inflicted a 1 inch dent right on the body line between the mirror and the door handle... damn. I have a paintless dent repair guy coming to look at it on Wednesday.

Edited by Franklee