Air Lift Kit or any other suggestions?

I have a 2008 Limited with 20" wheels & sport suspension and am towing a 2010 Rockwood 2514G pop-up GVWR of 3300lbs on a Curt Class III hitch. The rear end of the Edge is sagging a lot more than with the 2008 Forest River pop-up we had which had a GVWR of 2800lbs so I've been looking for options since the Curt isn't weight distributive capable.

I found a company called AIR LIFT that sells a kit (60819) that looks like iyt will help to level the load when trailering and can be zeroed out for normal use. I was hoping someone else may have some experience and could offer up some advice. I've listed the link below for the Air Lift 1000 kit.

http://shop.airliftcompany.cust.shopatron.com/product/295921/60819/_/Air_Lift_1000%3B_Coil_Spring

Thanks!

Jeff

I'm using a weight distributing set-up with a Curt hitch and it's working great. The gap between the tire and the fender is about 1" lower in the rear than it is in the front.

If you're still set on airbags, check this post out. You might be able to get some info on the bags he used

Airbags

I'm using a weight distributing set-up with a Curt hitch and it's working great. The gap between the tire and the fender is about 1" lower in the rear than it is in the front.

If you're still set on airbags, check this post out. You might be able to get some info on the bags he used

Airbags

What weight distributing hitch are you using? I called the Curt dealer that I bought the hitch from and they said it wasn't possible to use one with the Edge?

Thanks!

Jeff

What weight distributing hitch are you using? I called the Curt dealer that I bought the hitch from and they said it wasn't possible to use one with the Edge?

Thanks!

Jeff

I have a Curt part number 13060. There isn't anything different looking about the hitch that makes it be able to be used with a weight distributing system. The ball mount is what is important since that's where the bars attach.

I know that some hitches that are designed to be used with a weight distribution system will have a higher load rating. You won't get that with the Edge.

It's possible that I'm doing damage and I don't know it, but I think that's highly unlikely. All I'm doing is moving the weight from being completely on the rear axle to being spread over both axles. I'm not trying to tow a 5000 lb trailer with it.

What's the tongue weight of the trailer? I'm in the neighborhood of 375-400 lbs. The max for the Edge is 350. There's no way I'd tow my trailer without the WDS. I would be bottoming out over bumps for sure.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...