New Colors for 2011 Edge

jamers1

Kona Blue Metallic (new to the Edge anyway)

Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic (aka Burgandy) (Is this a totally new color for Ford?)

Earth Metallic (Is that kind of a Green Gray?)

Mediterranean Blue Metallic (What where they thinking here?)

I'm glad Ford is dropping the Sport Blue Metallic but they seem to be making a bigger mistake with Mediterranean Blue Metallic.

I'd really like to see the Steel Blue Metallic on the Edge. Kona Blue Metallic should be reserved for the Mustang only.

I'll be getting a new Edge around end of 2010 and probably a new Taurus in early 2011. Both my '08 Edge and '08 Fusion are Vapor Silver today which is a nice color but I'm tired of it and also bored with having 2 cars the same color. That further limits my choices since the Edge and Taurus share many of the same colors. Black, White, and Red are always out for me. I really like the Steel Blue Metallic on the 2010 Taurus but it appears they are dropping that as well, damn it. I could probably do Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic on either the Edge or the Taurus.

Kona Blue Metallic (new to the Edge anyway)

Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic (aka Burgandy) (Is this a totally new color for Ford?)

Earth Metallic (Is that kind of a Green Gray?)

Mediterranean Blue Metallic (What where they thinking here?)

I'm glad Ford is dropping the Sport Blue Metallic but they seem to be making a bigger mistake with Mediterranean Blue Metallic.

I'd really like to see the Steel Blue Metallic on the Edge. Kona Blue Metallic should be reserved for the Mustang only.

I'll be getting a new Edge around end of 2010 and probably a new Taurus in early 2011. Both my '08 Edge and '08 Fusion are Vapor Silver today which is a nice color but I'm tired of it and also bored with having 2 cars the same color. That further limits my choices since the Edge and Taurus share many of the same colors. Black, White, and Red are always out for me. I really like the Steel Blue Metallic on the 2010 Taurus but it appears they are dropping that as well, damn it. I could probably do Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic on either the Edge or the Taurus.

Do not you think it's personal taste? :finger:

• 11 months later...

The recent earthquake cut off the supply of some pigments. Ford switched to so standby colors to fill in the gap. I just read yesterday that the pigment plant in Japan is back on line so the colors may very well switch back before the end of the 2011 production run.

What are these standby colors? My Edge was manufactured after the earthquake in Japan and so were most of the others on the lot, and they were all the colors listed in the brochure, which was printed WAY prior to the earthquake in Japan.