Rattling/clicking noise from backseat area??

I have a 09 Limited AWD Edge. Has anyone else had a problem with a loud rattling/clicking noise coming from the backseat area? It's coming from the left side of the backseat and tends to occur most often while going over bumps or when braking. Some days it's loud and other days it's nonexistent. On the days it can be heard, I can actually reproduce the sound (less audible version) by grabbing the top of the backseat and shaking it back and forth.

I've taken it to my local dealer twice already and they haven't been able to figure it out. It's driving me crazy. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

Edited by cl768la

I have a 09 Limited AWD Edge. Has anyone else had a problem with a loud rattling/clicking noise coming from the backseat area? It's coming from the left side of the backseat and tends to occur most often while going over bumps or when braking. Some days it's loud and other days it's nonexistent. On the days it can be heard, I can actually reproduce the sound (less audible version) by grabbing the top of the backseat and shaking it back and forth.

I've taken it to my local dealer twice already and they haven't been able to figure it out. It's driving me crazy. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

Put down the seat and see if it goes away. Then check the seat belt buckle. Also, check the cupholder on the armrest and the doors for loose debris.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the noise occurs regardless of whether the seat is up or down. Also, it's not from the seatbelt buckle or from the cupholder....sounds like the noise is coming from inside the seat somewhere.

Again, it doesn't happen all the time, but most days I can hear it.

Another thing I might add is that it used to only occur on cold days, but now it doesn't seem like it's temperature dependent. Hot, cold, warm, or even cool weather and the noise still occurs. I may try taking a look at it when I get home today and if I can't figure it out or find anything I may have to try the dealer again.

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Please let me know if you receive this attachment Service Order written for similiar problem on right rear (psgr side). This certainly corrected the problem.No more rattle thanks for a great dealer service dept.

correction to attachment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-1126-036163500 1279854691_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lowell

• 2 months later...

Thanks

I have an 07 Edge with the same problem. When you are driving the rattle seems to come from the back door but, If you let someone else drive and sit behind the driver you'll see the rattle is in the front door. So far I've eliminated some of the noise by replacing the black rubber stoppers which plug into the left edge of the middle and bottom of the door. They protrude about an inch and are round. Next, I'll try thicker weather stripping which should end all the noise. I'll work on that this weeked.

This may not be relevant, but these noises can be hard to track down. WHat you describe was what I experienced on my '07. Last option was to open spare tire area to look around. WHat I found was that the nut holding spare was not tightened all the way. No more "back seat" rattle. Go figure...