Production Date ????

Grocery Getter

They will start production on 2011 EDGE and MKX on July 12 2010.

They have been on holiday since the 2nd of July.

I heard the 2011 should hit the dealer by early Aug.

according to a post on June 16, the 11's are being made simultaneously as the 10's, just at a low ratio.

I have heard all kinds of answers with little consistency, but several dealers have told me sometime in august. And ford still doesn't have pricing on their website yet.

I am ready to buy, but I drove a murano yesterday, tired of waiting to even see ford pricing on the edge and not just at cars.com

Thanks for the info 07CRUSH. Looks like the line will start tomorrow. Guess with some quality control holds, maybe at the dealer in August.

Yeah, LOWESDELL, same thing with me. Visited the local Audi dealer today and drove a 2010 Q5. Love the fit and finish to this vehicle. Still will put all others off until I try the 2011 Edge Sport though.

Thanks guys.......

Thanks for the info 07CRUSH. Looks like the line will start tomorrow. Guess with some quality control holds, maybe at the dealer in August.

Yeah, LOWESDELL, same thing with me. Visited the local Audi dealer today and drove a 2010 Q5. Love the fit and finish to this vehicle. Still will put all others off until I try the 2011 Edge Sport though.

Thanks guys.......

LOWESDELL, Grocery Getter,

I was in the same position you both are in. I was tired of waiting and each time I asked my dealer if he had any new info he had nothing. Finally after reading tons of info and posts about pricing and other info I found out that even if the pricing isn’t on the website or the dealer doesn’t have order sheets yet they can give you a price buy doing a preliminary order for you. The only thing that they won’t be able to guarantee about the pricing are the incentives, if any, that will be offered at the time of delivery. What I ended up doing is going to Cars.com and priced it on there, just because I was curious if it was accurate, and found that the price was only off by a couple hundred dollars which was mainly due to the delivery fees and other misc charges. If you are looking specifically at the Sport then you are going to have to wait until they hit the showrooms to see if you are going to like it because of the different engine and slightly different suspension tuning. If you are considering any of the other models then you could probably just test drive a 2010, seeing as the differences in handling are going to be negligible to the average driver, and seeing as how most of the changes in the vehicle its self are the new grill/ front end appearance and the dash/center stack equipment. Also as long as the plant does start full production of the 2011's today as scheduled then they should have some rolling off the line in 2 days. The dealers are able to get updates on production on Fridays so hopefully we should all have more of an idea of timing by early next week. Hope this helps out or at least gives you a little insight.

Here's how Ford launches new products.

1. They build a couple batches of prototype cars that are used for testing and marketing.

2. They start blending in the new model along with the old model on the same assembly line.

3. They slowly ramp up this blend from say 1 in 100 vehicles to 1 in 50 to 1 in 10 to eventually all new models. July 12th is just the day that ratio reaches 100%.

4. There is a target date of when the vehicles will be released, but this date is completely dependent on the quality issues that are found. The decision to ship vehicles is made on a day-by-day basis so no dealer anywhere can ever accurately predict when they will get the vehicles.

5. Once the vehicles start to ship, the ones that have already been built must be updated with the latest quality fixes. This can be a simple inspection, a reflash of some module, or like the original 2007 Edge, a complete rebuild of the rear suspension. They usual try to fix the easiest ones first, which usually means the latest ones. So most of the time the first ones built are the last ones to ship. A car built on June 1st might ship after a car built on August 15th.

If you were to drive past Oakville today, you would likely see 500-1000 new 2011 Edges sitting around. And even though production might "start" today, it's really not much different then what was happening a couple weeks ago and it's still at least a month before anything will ship.

Thanks guys.......

The fit and finish of the Q5 will blow the Edge away.

No comparing Audi to Ford.

Of course that is just opinion.

On the other hand I do not like the styling of the Q5 at all.

It looks like a rollerskate to me.

The Q7 is a different story. I would have picked up an s-line 4.2 Q7 in a heartbeart if the price was right.

The fit and finish of the Q5 will blow the Edge away.

No comparing Audi to Ford.

Of course that is just opinion.

On the other hand I do not like the styling of the Q5 at all.

It looks like a rollerskate to me.

The Q7 is a different story. I would have picked up an s-line 4.2 Q7 in a heartbeart if the price was right.

Of course it will - but for how much more $$$?

You should compare the Q5 to the MKX, not the Edge. A review of the MKT said the interior materials, design, fit and finish blew away the Q7. I expect the same quality from the new MKX interior.

Of course it will - but for how much more $$$?

You should compare the Q5 to the MKX, not the Edge. A review of the MKT said the interior materials, design, fit and finish blew away the Q7. I expect the same quality from the new MKX interior.

I should have known you'd respond.

Comparing a Q5 to a Mkx?? Same result.

MkT to a Q7? I hope you're not serious.

You read too many Car & Driver magazines. Maybe you need to drive them all yourself before coming to a conclusion.

Better yet open your eyes and take a look at the two. I've driven all the vehicles we speak of and Audi comes out on top on fit and finish as far as im concerned.

03.jpg

4f3a4_2010_Lincoln_MKT.jpg

I should have known you'd respond.

Comparing a Q5 to a Mkx?? Same result.

MkT to a Q7? I hope you're not serious.

You read too many Car & Driver magazines. Maybe you need to drive them all yourself before coming to a conclusion.

Better yet open your eyes and take a look at the two. I've driven all the vehicles we speak of and Audi comes out on top on fit and finish as far as im concerned.

03.jpg

4f3a4_2010_Lincoln_MKT.jpg

Hard to believe it, but I actually agree with MOFSTEEL on this one, no comparing an Audi to ANY Ford or Lincoln.

However, there's no doubt that the quality gap has narrowed substantially over the last few years and I belive that the fit and finish of the 2011 Edge will be pretty damn good. Not to mention the purchase and maintenance costs will be much lower than an Audi. My Uncle always jokes about the $1000 tune up he seems to always pay for when he brings his in for service! :)

If money were no object, I'd be springing for the Audi or better. But face it, if money were no object, none of us would be discussing Ford to begin with. :)

• Like 1

However, there's no doubt that the quality gap has narrowed substantially over the last few years and I believe that the fit and finish of the 2011 Edge will be pretty damn good. Not to mention the purchase and maintenance costs will be much lower than an Audi. My Uncle always jokes about the $1000 tune up he seems to always pay for when he brings his in for service! :)

If money were no object, I'd be springing for the Audi or better. But face it, if money were no object, none of us would be discussing Ford to begin with. :)

Agreed. Even though I never had an issue with my Audi and it included free maintenance for the length of the warranty im sure in the long run the Audi would cost more to operate than the Ford/Lincoln.

Second-biggest news is the interior, which trumps the Audi for cushy luxury. The wrapped and stitched dash is soft and cushy where the Q7's is hard, though high-quality plastic. And the fit-and-finish, even for pre-production MKTs, was quite good.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/112_0908_2010_lincoln_mkt_drive/index.html#ixzz0tUbi2b6p

The EcoBoost V6 sounds good, too, with a quiet roar on heavy acceleration, and the MKT doesn't just win in terms of power, either, as the large crossover proved to be more agile in the curves while sporting a more impressive, quieter cabin. The Q7 felt tank-like in comparison to the longer, lighter MKT, though the Audi did supply more steering feedback and confidence-inspiring braking compared to the MKT's somewhat numb wheel and spongy stoppers.

http://autos.aol.com/article/2010-lincoln-mkt-ecoboost-drive/

Most reviewers who drove the MKT ecoboost back to back with the Q7 thought the Flex interior was at least as good as and in some cases better than the Q7 interior. The ones above are the only 2 I could find that made a comment either way.

The MKT interior is really nice and probably the best Ford has created to date. And Audi isn't nearly as good as it used to be.

I've driven the Q7 and it is not impressive. Fit and finish is about the only thing it has going for it, the MKT blows it away in every other respect, from technology to ergonomics to ride and steering to powertrain. The Q7 seemed like a product rushed to market to satisfy American consumers who will accept the "halo" of the Audi reputation and don't actually know what a refined product feels like. Heck even Consumer Reports ranks the MKT higher than the Q7.

• Like 1

Most reviewers who drove the MKT ecoboost back to back with the Q7 thought the Flex interior was at least as good as and in some cases better than the Q7 interior. The ones above are the only 2 I could find that made a comment either way.

The MKT interior is really nice and probably the best Ford has created to date. And Audi isn't nearly as good as it used to be.

The statements above just proved to me that you haven't driven a Q7 or anything in the Audi line up recently.

The Audi Q7 is a heavy pig but then again it isn't made to run on the Nurburgring. A well equipment Q7 comes with adaptive air suspension and of course Audi's second to NONE quattro system. Maybe you've heard of it?

Ford/Lincoln can not yet complete with the comfort, quality, and stability of Audi.

Unfortunately Audi doesn't offer the 500hp/757 lb-ft of torque v12 TDI here in the states because the winner of the brawn competition would be a no brainer.

Keep to reading magazine articles. I'll stick to using my senses to determine the true winner.

So Waldo says the German car maker Audi "rushed" to market to satisfy consumers. Funny because Audi was the last luxury car maker to enter the crossover market. Seems to me like they did their homework before they jumped into anything.

I know you're smarter than that Waldo. It's one thing to be brand loyal and another to blantantly ignore the competition.

The statements above just proved to me that you haven't driven a Q7 or anything in the Audi line up recently.

The Audi Q7 is a heavy pig but then again it isn't made to run on the Nurburgring. A well equipment Q7 comes with adaptive air suspension and of course Audi's second to NONE quattro system. Maybe you've heard of it?

Ford/Lincoln can not yet complete with the comfort, quality, and stability of Audi.

Unfortunately Audi doesn't offer the 500hp/757 lb-ft of torque v12 TDI here in the states because the winner of the brawn competition would be a no brainer.

Keep to reading magazine articles. I'll stick to using my senses to determine the true winner.

So Waldo says the German car maker Audi "rushed" to market to satisfy consumers. Funny because Audi was the last luxury car maker to enter the crossover market. Seems to me like they did their homework before they jumped into anything.

I know you're smarter than that Waldo. It's one thing to be brand loyal and another to blantantly ignore the competition.

Who besides you thinks the Q7 is superior? Waldo has had street time in both as have the reviewers I quoted above.

What makes YOUR opinion more valid than all the rest?

• Like 1

Who besides you thinks the Q7 is superior? Waldo has had street time in both as have the reviewers I quoted above.

What makes YOUR opinion more valid than all the rest?

Maybe I should be asking you the same question. :redcard:

Everyone has an opinion. Mine as well is yours is a strong one.

Maybe I should be asking you the same question. :redcard:

Everyone has an opinion. Mine as well is yours is a strong one.

The opinions of the many outweigh the opinions of the one. (apologies to Mr. Spock)

If you prefer the Q7 then that's a subjective preference which is fine. But when multiple others disagree then you can't pass your opinion off as fact.

• Like 1

The opinions of the many outweigh the opinions of the one. (apologies to Mr. Spock)

If you prefer the Q7 then that's a subjective preference which is fine. But when multiple others disagree then you can't pass your opinion off as fact.

Give it up. You're fighting a losing battle. You should know by now that you'll never win with him. :banghead:

Edited by pxb006

Or more likely they sat on their hands, not willing to compromise their brand image and only finally capitulated and entered the CUV market. They took a bunch of parts out of the parts bin, hired a couple contract engineers and put the product out.

I don't read magazine articles, I read actual objective data measured on real cars. If you could see the data that I've seen, you would understand that the Q7 is nothing special.

• Like 1

Just as many, if not more, agree with me.

Shall we poll the Germans? :devil:

Your statements as just as much opinion as mine and the writers of those articles. :kuko:

Just as many, if not more, agree with me.

Shall we poll the Germans? :devil:

Your statements as just as much opinion as mine and the writers of those articles. :kuko:

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. It's respecting the opinions of others that sets us apart.

Spoke to my dealer today. I have an Edge Sport on hold waiting for my pick-up with a supposed Aug 09 delivery date (give or take forever). Ordered, VIN in the system, and just waiting on delivery.

So in answer to the OP's question I would imagine that production has already started. Though this is a dealer order and not a retail order.

Your salesman should be able to tell you that.

Well the thing is I am starting to get the feeling that my dealer didn’t order it right away after I put down my deposit and signed off on it. I don’t want to sound like I am being impatient but I ordered it the middle of June and haven’t gotten any information yet. How long does an order usually take to get through processing and get assigned an VIN#?