Production Date ????

Grocery Getter

Well the thing is I am starting to get the feeling that my dealer didn’t order it right away after I put down my deposit and signed off on it. I don’t want to sound like I am being impatient but I ordered it the middle of June and haven’t gotten any information yet. How long does an order usually take to get through processing and get assigned an VIN#?

Exact same situation here, I ordered my Edge Limited 2011 on the 14 of june, I haven't got any news yet, I asked him twice (july 2nd and july 15th) for the exact price since I should have employe pricing here in canada. But he keeps saying he cannot give me the exact price and VIN because he doesn't have the invoice yet.

So you are not impatient, I AM

Frank

Exact same situation here, I ordered my Edge Limited 2011 on the 14 of june, I haven't got any news yet, I asked him twice (july 2nd and july 15th) for the exact price since I should have employe pricing here in canada. But he keeps saying he cannot give me the exact price and VIN because he doesn't have the invoice yet.

Frank

Frank,

Did he print off the Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet for you? They made me sign it to verify that everything was what I wanted and it should have the pricing on their including the X,Z,A, and D plans the only reason that they wouldn’t be able to give you an exact price would be because they don’t know what the incentives and rebates will be yet. If your dealer did print off the Vehicle Order Confirmation you can call the CRC at 1-800-392-3673 then press 1 at first menu, 5 at second, 3 at third, 2 at forth and then just stay on the line. You will probably have to wait about 7 or 8 minutes on hold but then you can give them the Dealer # and the Order # off of the Order Confirmation sheet and they can tell you when it was actually ordered and where it is at in the process. I think they might also be able to do it with just the dealer # and some of your information but I am not sure. She also said that once the VIN is received you can either have your dealer track it through production or just call them back and they will let you know exactly where it is at. Even give you an ETA once you have the VIN.

JGilles

Well the thing is I am starting to get the feeling that my dealer didn’t order it right away after I put down my deposit and signed off on it. I don’t want to sound like I am being impatient but I ordered it the middle of June and haven’t gotten any information yet. How long does an order usually take to get through processing and get assigned an VIN#?

It took about 5 weeks before I received my VIN and it was delivered exactly 2 momths after I placed my order.

Checked again with the dealer yesterday and the status has changed from a delivery date of 09 August to TBD. Wonder what the hold up is, if there is one?

Please read my post on the first page of this thread. There is no way that ANYBODY can give you an ETA on delivery right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, not sure about a delivery date right now however I can tell you that I called my Ford dealer yesterday simply to see if they had any info at all on my 2011 Edge. As it turns out my 2011 Edge was built the day before on Tuesday August 3rd and it's now simply awaiting delivery to the dealer. It can arrive at the dealer in as early as a few days or it may take a month or so depending on whether Ford has some type of hold on these vehicles at the plant for some maybe quality control or launch reasons.

Livio

Hi everyone,

I'm going creazy....What's going on....my salesman spoke whith is Ford rep, nobody have a clue for delivery date...I hear maybe mid-september......Is thers someone that have real hard info somewhere.....

There is no "hard" info - not even Ford knows when they'll start shipping because it depends on how many problems are found in the early models. Best guess right now is they'll start showing up first week or two of September but that's not guaranteed.

There is no "hard" info - not even Ford knows when they'll start shipping because it depends on how many problems are found in the early models. Best guess right now is they'll start showing up first week or two of September but that's not guaranteed.

SECOND week of september....It's official I'm pulling my last hair out.......Thanks Akirby, I realy need my truck by september 17, if not will have to walk or use a bicycle. Enyway been waiting since may 14th, can wait a another month (hope not)....

So anybody aware of the potential problems pushing back delivery date....?

Thanks many times again....

PAT

Frank

Frank,

I just called the CRC and they said that it was last updated yesterday and it now has a VIN assigned to it. My production date is scheduled for the week of August 30th. I would suggest checking with either your dealer or the CRC to see if yours has been updated yet. If they have it in there they won’t have an ETA on it yet but at least you might be able to get a date for when they are actually making it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the window sticker now that I have my VIN #?

Frank,

I just called the CRC and they said that it was last updated yesterday and it now has a VIN assigned to it. My production date is scheduled for the week of August 30th. I would suggest checking with either your dealer or the CRC to see if yours has been updated yet. If they have it in there they won’t have an ETA on it yet but at least you might be able to get a date for when they are actually making it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the window sticker now that I have my VIN #?

Hi JGilles,

Just one question ...where are u from, just call Ford Canada service line with my VIN number and no build date as been assigned yet. I ordered my 2011 LTD EDGE on may 14th and still no build date assigned ??? think I will visit my dealer....

Thanks

PAT

I will give you a better example of how long you may be waiting!

I ordered my 2011 MKX on March 29, 2010, with DORA being accepted and acknowleded by Ford on March 29 2010.

Initially, vechicle was scheduled for build on July 12, 2010, pushed back to August 16, 2010, and as of yesterday, now scheduled for week of August 30, 2010.

Ford, through my dealer and CRC, has NOT provided a reaosn for delays.

I did order ALL options, except for rear DVD player, but that should not make a difference.

They just say "SORRY", its in the hands of the factory.

Oh, I am located in Rcihmond Heigths, Ohio and the order was a Z-Plan purchase. This is my 9th Z-Plan purchase, all factory orders, and it has NEVER taken this long. I do have a VIN number.

Oh well, we shall see.

Edited by us002840

I ordered my 2011 MKX on March 29, 2010, with DORA being accepted and acknowleded by Ford on March 29 2010.

Initially, vechicle was scheduled for build on July 12, 2010, pushed back to August 16, 2010, and as of yesterday, now scheduled for week of August 30, 2010.

Ford, through my dealer and CRC, has NOT provided a reaosn for delays.

I did order ALL options, except for rear DVD player, but that should not make a difference.

They just say "SORRY", its in the hands of the factory.

Oh, I am located in Rcihmond Heigths, Ohio and the order was a Z-Plan purchase. This is my 9th Z-Plan purchase, all factory orders, and it has NEVER taken this long. I do have a VIN number.

Oh well, we shall see.

Hi us002840,

Wow, realy depressing. First american car in 13 years, not looking good so far. Enyway at least you have a build date. I only have my VIN and depressing tough........

PAT

You are lucky. This delay is likely the best thing that could have happened to you. Not only will you get a vehicle built with much better quality, but you will probably get it sooner. I predict that vehicles built on August 30th will ship before vehicles built on July 12, as they won't be held for nearly as many quality retrofits.

Ask your dealership to check their Dealer News Bulletin to see what commodities are in short supply or limited availability/on hold for quality, etc.

Seems to me that with all the questions about when the 2011 Edge Sport will start arriving on Ford lots, that you would think that an employee at the plant would be monitoring this site.

Certainly this isn't Top Secret information or a matter of national security.

I'm a member of the Corvette Forum and information is shared from numerous "insiders", most accurate, some not so much.

Also, a few Chevy dealers monitor this Forum and provide valuable info on VIN #, shipping codes, etc.

When I ordered my Corvette from S. Florida, my dealer wasn't that informed on shipping policies, but due to the Forum I was able to receive this information from a Forum dealer in Montana. He helped me with all information, and wife and I were able to go to Bowling Green, Ky and walk our car down the line as it was being built. (a great experience).

After a two week quality hold at the plant, my car was shipped via Allied Trucking to S. Fla, and I was able to track it all the way and was at the dealer, camera in hand, when it came off the truck. My sales guy didn't have a clue.....

In sum, it appears not enough interest from Ford on this forum..... If I were a Ford dealer, or Ford salesman, I would be all over this forum and use it as a sales tool.

Just my 2c. also I'm waiting to slam the doors on the 2011 Ford Edge Sport....... :yup:

Seems to me that with all the questions about when the 2011 Edge Sport will start arriving on Ford lots, that you would think that an employee at the plant would be monitoring this site.

Certainly this isn't Top Secret information or a matter of national security.

Did you not read my post on the first page?

Frank,

Hey jgilles,

you can get your sticker with the following link. you must replace the XYZ with your VIN number.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=XYZ

enjoy.

Hi JGilles,

Just one question ...where are u from, just call Ford Canada service line with my VIN number and no build date as been assigned yet. I ordered my 2011 LTD EDGE on may 14th and still no build date assigned ??? think I will visit my dealer....

Thanks

PAT

Pat,

I am from Ohio Between Cleveland and Akron. I may just not know any better but I thought that when they assigned your VIN # that ment that it was scheduled into production at that point. Regardless I would refer to what Akirby and Waldo have posted in the past about the fact that with a later build date you may end up receiving your vehicle prior to those who's were made in July due to any quality control issues that might come up before yours is built. Right now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that if any issues come up that need to be corrected that this happens prior to the end of August so that mine won’t have to be retro fitted and will hopefully ship faster. Good luck with your dealer hopefully they can shed some light on the status for you.

JGilles

Pat,

I am from Ohio Between Cleveland and Akron. I may just not know any better but I thought that when they assigned your VIN # that ment that it was scheduled into production at that point. Regardless I would refer to what Akirby and Waldo have posted in the past about the fact that with a later build date you may end up receiving your vehicle prior to those who's were made in July due to any quality control issues that might come up before yours is built. Right now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that if any issues come up that need to be corrected that this happens prior to the end of August so that mine won’t have to be retro fitted and will hopefully ship faster. Good luck with your dealer hopefully they can shed some light on the status for you.

JGilles

Thanks JGilles,

Finaly talk to sales director at my dealer, got my production date on 30th of august. The delivery date is still TBD so will cross finger for mid september....

Hey jgilles,

you can get your sticker with the following link. you must replace the XYZ with your VIN number.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=XYZ

enjoy.

I tried last week to get the sticker with my VIN number and it said that it wasn’t in the system yet. I tried today and it says that there is an error and that I can’t do it due to a security thing to prevent people from "scrapping large amounts of data" any insight? Also I called the CRC to check and see if they had given an ETA yet only to find out that my build date has been pushed back a week to the week of September 6th now. Anyone else get pushed back?

I tried last week to get the sticker with my VIN number and it said that it wasn’t in the system yet. I tried today and it says that there is an error and that I can’t do it due to a security thing to prevent people from "scrapping large amounts of data" any insight? Also I called the CRC to check and see if they had given an ETA yet only to find out that my build date has been pushed back a week to the week of September 6th now. Anyone else get pushed back?

Try this one (replace the dots with your VIN):

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=..........&ref=VL

Don't copy the link as you see it because it's abbreviated for display - click on it to open a new browser window and then edit the URL.

You may have given an order to the dealership in 3/29, but Ford did not start scheduling until May 13. Production was scheduled to start July 12. Did your dealership put in orders after yours with a higher priority? The plant is scheduled to be down the week of 8/23. I didn't see any major commodity issues, but there could have been an issue with something you ordered, ( or you just got out prioritized.) Your dealership controls who gets built first within their allocation.