Anxiously Awaiting My 2011 Edge Limited

luvford

Hi

I just ordered an AWD Edge Ltd on July 27th. The dealer stated I will not get it until the middle of October. I have been buying Japanese products for over 20 years but I really like what FORD is doing with it's products. I picked the Edge over an Acura RDX because of the technology and the powertrain advantage. I am very excited and hope FORD lives up to my expectations.

I spoke to my dealer today and with a build date of Aug 30th my scheduled delivery date is Sept. 6th. I have never owned an American car but I am very much looking forward to it

I'm curious to know where you live. I'm in Missouri and my Edge is supposed to be built on the 31st with a delivery date of Sept 6th. I'm thinking it won't get here that fast.

I got a build date of August 30, but no delivery date - they told me maybe end of September. My dealership doesn't seem very excited about ordered cars though so not very forthcoming with info. And with a delivery location of Alaska - it really could take a month to get here. Fingers crossed for sooner.

I also have a build date of 8/30...but no ship date. Hopefully my delivery date is in line with the others who posted. early September would be great. I drove by my dealer here in NJ on Sunday. Dealership was closed but found two fully loaded Limited 2011s in the back lot. They must have rcvd a couple for the showroom. They look great!

I also have a build date of 8/30...but no ship date. Hopefully my delivery date is in line with the others who posted. early September would be great. I drove by my dealer here in NJ on Sunday. Dealership was closed but found two fully loaded Limited 2011s in the back lot. They must have rcvd a couple for the showroom. They look great!

What dealership did you go to ?

4 out of 5 dealerships by me are showing 2011 Edge's in the Ford online inventory page. I live in NY on Long Island. One of the dealerships are showing 5 cars, one of which is a Sport. The other four are SEL and Limited moels

That doesn't mean they're on the lot yet though. They could still be in transit.

Just didn't want somebody to look online and run down to the dealership expecting to see what was on the website and being disappointed.

My first response was to run down to see them myself. Then I thought better of it. The salesman did say he would call me when he has any. But you know how that goes. Now I'm hoping there is a decent lease deal come October

I called the CRC and they told me that the status was updated on 8/20/10 as being in order processing scheduled to week of September 9th. I asked if that was the build date and the person said that it was not the official build day yet since it is shown as order processing. When I checked on the 13th it said that it was scheduled to the week of 8/30/10 and then last week it got pushed to the week of 9/6/10 and today she said 9/9/10 which is the same as the week of 9/6/10 but she said that could change. Is this typical for the dates to keep changing every week? Does anyone know what it means when it says it is in order processing but assigned to a week?

Thanks.

Jgilles

I called the CRC and they told me that the status was updated on 8/20/10 as being in order processing scheduled to week of September 9th. I asked if that was the build date and the person said that it was not the official build day yet since it is shown as order processing. When I checked on the 13th it said that it was scheduled to the week of 8/30/10 and then last week it got pushed to the week of 9/6/10 and today she said 9/9/10 which is the same as the week of 9/6/10 but she said that could change. Is this typical for the dates to keep changing every week? Does anyone know what it means when it says it is in order processing but assigned to a week?

Thanks.

Jgilles

Yes, it's normal and happens all the time with dealer orders - you're just not normally exposed to it.

• 4 weeks later...