2011 Edge Sport Build Date

thomasford405

Howdy everyone!! My new 2011 Edge Sport has been assigned a VIN and now has a build date of Aug. 30. Assuming all goes as it should it should arrive at our dealership in late Sept. I am a D-Plan Buyer and my wife currently owns a 2008 Loaded out Limted AWD.

I am jazzed about the new powetrain, transmission, and technology, and am glad Ford finally made the Sport something other than just a cosmetic upgrade.

As soon as I get to drive it and see all about it, I will post my thoughts.

It's retail was over $40,000 as I added every feature/option you could to an AWD Sport model. It is going to be Ingot Silver. I hope those of you who are also getting 2011 Edges get them soon and enjoy them. I will look forard to your thoughts of the vehicle as well.

And BTW I am a dealer and I was able to access this information via our Ford access, so I don't know why anyone's dealer would not also be able to provide them with build dates, etc. Our Ford Sales Rep told me that though we all ready have two stock unit Edges built, that my Sport will actually deliver befoe them due to their going back in to have some final tweaks performed on them after testing and that mine will all ready have on it being built at a later date after testing was completed.

Edited by thomasford405

• 4 months later...

Whenever I hear that the dealership will not provide scheduling information, I question if they had allocation for the order or if they submitted later orders with a higher priority.

Dealerships control much of the scheduling. They are given allocation each order cycle and they place a priority on the units they want built first. If they give every unit the same priority, then it's first in - first scheduled. If commodities are in short supply, the plant will hold back selected units for production.

The day after the dealership submits a retail order to Ford they should get a DORA (dealer order acknowledgement). Every Thur. evening the scheduling system is updated so Fri. is the best day to check to see if you are scheduled and get the latest status.

Hello.....how can I find out the date my 2011 Limited was built? Is there a Ford Website where I can enter my VIN?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,

Rick

No but if you sign up on SyncMyRide and enter the VIN it will tell you when the sync factory updates were applied which is usually the last or next to last day of build. I also think it's on the sticker but not 100% sure about that.

Hello.....how can I find out the date my 2011 Limited was built? Is there a Ford Website where I can enter my VIN?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,

Rick

Do what I did: Register on the Blue Oval forum and make 10 posts. Then go into the employee section and you will see a guy named Cyberdman who gives updates based on the VIN. Read his rules first. He has helped a lot of people. He only asks that in return ,you post a pic of your ride when you get it.