Is their a Backup Camera added to OEM Navigation

clee1052

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2010 limited the 2011 have backup camera, is it the same Navigation as the 2010, and they added the camera? Or is there a system with color that will work with my OEM Nav? Thanks. Chris :shift:

2011 model has a built in camera, with video projecting to your nav screen. The system is not camparable with prior model years.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2010 limited the 2011 have backup camera, is it the same Navigation as the 2010, and they added the camera? Or is there a system with color that will work with my OEM Nav? Thanks. Chris :shift:

I bought a 2010 2 months ago and required the dealer to put in a backup camera or I would not buy the car. They took it to a third party (Car Toys I believe) and had the camera installed. It did take 6 different (and 10 days total) for them to get it to work correctly. First, there was a coding issue for it to work with the OEM Touch screen, and then there was a wiring issue and then a faulty camera. It has been working for about a month now without issue.

I bought a 2010 2 months ago and required the dealer to put in a backup camera or I would not buy the car. They took it to a third party (Car Toys I believe) and had the camera installed. It did take 6 different (and 10 days total) for them to get it to work correctly. First, there was a coding issue for it to work with the OEM Touch screen, and then there was a wiring issue and then a faulty camera. It has been working for about a month now without issue.

How much would it cost? Do you know?

I added this to our 2008 Edge follow the link and look fo er65nsunny http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/2710-2009-factory-sony-nav-system/

and this link for the camera http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/2768-backup-camera-install-into-factory-nav-unit/page__st__20