blizzard2010

W. Oliver

Dealer - Sayville Ford

South Shore Motors Corp.

5686 Sunrise Highway

Sayville NY 11782

P# 631-589-4800

F#631-589-6445

2010 Ford Edge Ltd, AWD, Panoramic Vista Roof, Navigation, Tow Prep package, Cargo Management System, Black Leather in Sterling Gray Metallic.

Received on 11-28-09. Mileage approx 325 miles.

Repairs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-30-09 1) “Tire Pressure Sensor Fault” light came on 5 hours after purchase.

Dealer reset sensors and recalibrated.

2) Iphone found not to be fully compatible with Sync System.

Despite Ford website stating it was compatible, service dept states there is a Bluetooth incompatibility. Cannot use USB to access Ipod function as it never stops indexing. Cannot use Bluetooth effectively as it keeps skipping and can’t access controls. It also activates Bluetooth streaming without letting you know. So the battery drains. You don’t realize till you shut off the vehicle and then hear music playing on your Iphone. The only way to stop the streaming and have an ipod was to buy a new Ipod Nano and plug this into the USB. It prevents the Bluetooth streaming from activating.

Waited at dealer for work. Lost 2 to 3 hours.

1-7-10 1) Sunroof rattling. Persistent noise coming from right rear of main sunroof glass.

Noise verified. Informed by Jim Barberi at service dept. that this is a known issue to this model. Stated that both Ford Edge and Lincoln version suffer from this. He stated that Ford used to replace sunroofs, but now only attempt repair due to cost. Waiting for Ford to advise.

2) Rear passenger door latch needs adjustment. Service dept says it is fine.

2-19-10 1)Sunroof rattling. Persistent.

Track lubricated. No effect

2) Transmission delaying and slamming into gear.

Solenoid recall, transmission software upgraded and recalibrated.

3-8-10 1) Sunroof rattling. Persistent.

Lubed gasket. No effect.

2) USB port inoperative.

System recalibrated.

Dealer supplied a loaner car for the 3 days I lost my vehicle.

3-17-10 1) Sunroof rattling. Persistent.

Located unpadded dowels in track. Padded them. No effect.

2) Brakes pulsating.

Dealer states it happens sometimes.

Recut all 4 brake rotors. Pads were fine. Vehicle mileage is approx 2600 miles.

Dealer supplied Hertz rental car for 6 days I lost the vehicle.

4-6-10 1) Sunroof rattle. Persistent.

Ford engineer supposed to come examine vehicle.

2) GPS system experiencing software issues.

Initially informed that the control unit was faulty and needed to be replaced. When I went to pick it up, I was told it was fine.

3) Memory seat losing settings.

4) Rear passenger door latch again.

Adjusted latch.

I was provided a Hertz rental car. On 4-22-10, I was called by Jim Barberi, who was my primary contact at Sayville Ford. He advised that the Ford engineer stated he didn’t hear anything (already confirmed as a problem by technicians, and I have recordings) and that Ford states they won’t authorize anymore work on the roof. He stated that Ford reported, “The vehicle as is , is characteristic of the vehicle”. I was told that I have to come pick up my vehicle, and drop off the rental or I would be charged for it. He also advised that if I am considering Lemon Law Arbitration, by law they cannot work on it anymore. I contacted a lawyer who stated that is false, that they have to keep providing service under the warranty. I was also initially told by Jim Barberi, a few days after I dropped the vehicle off, that the technicians had tested my GPS system, and that the control head unit was bad, and they were probably going to replace it. When he called to tell me to pick the vehicle up, he then said that it was fine. I went to Sayville Ford on 4-23-10 and spoke to the head of the service dept, Paul Kelly. He stated that since it is obvious that this vehicle is a Lemon, Ford probably figures it will have to take it back, and so don’t want to pay for anymore service. Paul asked if I had contacted Ford Customer Service about them taking this vehicle back. I said I had only dealt with Sayville ford. He offered to contact Ford for me. He said to keep the loaner car till he hears back on Monday. On Monday, I was advised that they didn’t get back to him, and that I have to pick up my vehicle. I still had the rattle. I also was still having problems with the GPS system. The vehicle attempted to send a vehicle health report, but was unable to complete it. Also, when I spoke to Jim Barberi, I asked if the paperwork was completed. He said he was finishing it now, as it was a lot of info to type. When I picked the vehicle up, he was not there. The girl who helped me couldn’t find the paperwork at the desk, and said she couldn’t access it in the computer. She gave me an abbreviated printout of all my visits. I called Jim Barberi the next week, and he said he would mail it to me. A week later, I had not received it, and he said it might have been lost up front by the secretaries, and he would re-mail it. I still never received anything. They have not been able to provide me with paperwork for the visit.

At this point, I had lost my vehicle for a total of 30 days, and had spent 3 additional mornings at the dealership for service.

I continued to have problems with the GPS unit. Weather would fail to update, the Media screen would freeze up occasionally, the Phone screen would freeze occasionally, the location given by the GPS would sometimes be off, the Sirius radio would skip, the “NO GPS” splat shows up and stays on sometimes for 8 blocks and I noticed my maps were about 6 years out of date. These occurrences happened without overhead obstruction. I contacted Sirius radio, and asked for an on air update. The Radio, Media and Sound hard buttons failed. Those screens would not work. They kept trying to send updates and unfreeze the unit. They said an update should not effect these systems, and asked if I was having other problems with the unit. When I said yes, they said the unit was bad, and bring it to the dealer. They wrote up an incident report for later review. I contacted Sayville Ford, and made an appointment. I was told it would be about a 3 hour wait. I said I would wait, and scheduled for 7-15-10.

I also asked if Paul Kelly was available. I had called previously to see if Ford got back to him, and had been told by Jim that they were waiting for an engineer to come look at all of the paperwork. Paul wasn’t there.

7-15-10 Arrived at Sayville Ford. Told there were only 2 techs who worked on GPS systems. I was told it would be 8 hours, and that they didn’t have any loaner cars available. I cancelled the appointment as I had no way of getting home (25 minute ride).

7-26-10 Ramp Ford, Rt 347, Port Jefferson Sation NY, 11776.

1)Dropped off the vehicle for the GPS system. Gave full report of problems.

2) Driver seat periodically slips forward and back. Feels like it is the undercarriage.

3) Sunroof shade auto close doesn’t always work.

They called later in the day, and said they found nothing wrong. I asked if the system froze up when they did an update. They said they didn’t do one as they can only do work if they see a problem. I told them the update was one of the problems! I got a ride there, and had a tech go to my vehicle with me. I called Sirius and had then read the incident report. Then I had them send an update. It froze and the technician acknowledged it. He looked at the seat, and said it is a little loose, but not bad. I went in and spoke with one of the main service techs. He said Ford won’t pay to replace the unit as it is $3000. They need to try to reload software first, and asked for my disks. I told him I don’t have any, and wasn’t given any. He said I was given them, and we argued till a man from the back office walked through, heard us and said that the 2010s don’t come with disks anymore. All updates are through the radio. Well, the radio freezes the system. He the said they can’t get the software due to a firewall on their computer. He said sorry, there is nothing he can do to help, and I should call Sayville Ford.

I left and called Sayville Ford, and spoke to Danny. He said they were lying about the firewall, and just don’t want to pay for the software. He said to try calling Ford customer service. I did, and was told I could get the disks from Navteq, at www. Navigation.com. I went to the site, and saw they would charge me $199. I called Ford CS again, and described the problem. The person agreed that I shouldn’t have to pay for disks to fix a warranty problem. He also said Ramp just doesn’t want to pay for it. I was switched to Samantha. She also agreed, and said she would call both dealerships for me. I also asked her about why Ford would not allow anymore attempts to repair my sunroof. She said there was no record of that. I told her of all my visits, and she said the only one in her records was for the transmission recall. So, Samantha calls me back the next day. She says that both dealerships say they can’t get the software. Then, after initially agreeing I shouldn’t pay for it, she now says I should consider buying it. I said no, and she said my option was to buy them, or “go to my local Ford/Lincol/Mercury dealer”. I tried to get her to do something, and she kept repeating the same line. I asked her to stop reading the script and help me. She said she wasn’t reading from a script, and I finally hung up. I made another appointment for Sayville Ford.

8-4-10 Sayville Ford

They had my vehicle for a day. When I arrived, I saw Paul Kelly. I asked him if Ford ever got back to him. He said they didn’t. I asked about the engineer, if she ever showed up. He said no, that Ford had recently changed their Cust Service program. I said I was told by CS that they don’t have records of all of my visits. He said that if they can’t fix a problem, they don’t always submit the invoice to Ford. I left and waited to hear back. I was called back later, and told that they did a master reset, and it was all fine. I picked the vehicle up. While driving home, it tried again to send a vehicle health report, and failed. I stopped to reload my settings, and saw the only thing missing was my Quick Dial numbers. All presets were still there. I tried to reload the numbers, and found a new problem. Under Phone, the Phone Book was missing buttons. Some of the letter buttons ( ABC, DEF etc) were missing. It now seems that when I go to phone book, some of the buttons are grayed out, and that the ones that are keep changing. I have taken pictures of it. The other problems are also still there.

It is now a total of 32 days lost and 3 mornings spent at the dealership. This doesn’t count the day I went to Sayville only to leave again.

On 8-6-10, I was called by Cynthia McGregor of Ford Customer service. She wanted to know if the GPS was fine now. I told her it was still failing. She said that they had been having problems with the GPS units, and she would call Sayville Ford and get back to me in a bout 3 hours. I said I would wait to call Sayville till I heard back. I never heard back. I left 2 messages for her on her voice mail, and I called Sayville Ford. I explained what happened, and was told that Danny deals with Cynthia. I left him a voice mail, and have never heard back. I finally got through to Cynthia on 8-19-10. I asked why I never heard back. She said that Yolanda said that the case was closed. I said I never heard of anyone called Yolanda. She said that Paul had stated that he called and told me that they couldn’t do anything without the disks. I said no one at Sayville Ford ever got back to me. I again asked about Ford refusing to pay for more work on my sunroof, Paul contacting them about Ford taking the vehicle back or an engineer (only told it was a woman, no name) looking into my case. She said there was no record of any of this. She said she would have Amber Metro, who was responsible for dealing with the dealerships and buybacks, contact me.

On 8-23-10, I was called by Amber Metro. I explained the situation. She stated that they were having issues with the sunroofs. She stated she would set up a meeting with a Ford Field Engineer. This has been set for 9-1-10 at Sayville Ford.

Well, I had the meeting with Ford on 9-1-10. Amber Metro was very pleasant. The meeting primarily revolved around the field engineer. It was obvious it was a well choreographed show, and that he had done it before. From the start I saw what this would entail. He attempted to establish dominance right from beginning. He was talking to the others while acting as if I wasn't there. Then the quick turn around and,"Oh, I should say hello....". Then, he says "Let's go" , and jumps in my vehicle behind the wheel, leaving me standing there. I get in the passenger seat, as he gets comfortable, adjusts everything to his liking, puts his phones and keys in my cupholders, points it out by then saying,"you don't mind, do you?" and then drives off without telling me where we are going or what he is testing. It was all to establish dominance/control over me in my own vehicle, and over the situation. It seemed like it was right out of a training course. I guess it works sometimes. Usually when someone does this for conflict resolution, they are trained to be more subtle. As I said, I knew how this would go. Everything I pointed out as wrong he made sound as if it was nothing, or couldn't understand what I meant. Example…I was showing him screenshots of the Nav system’s Phone screen that show grayed out (faulty) areas, and he said he doesn’t see anything wrong. When I mentioned the Nav system freezes when it gets an update, he said he doesn’t think there is all that much important in the updates, anyway. While we were driving, I knew this was a waste of time. They, ( Bob, Paul Kelly the service manager and Amber ) seemed to know each other well. They kept up a personal conversation while I sat there.

We drove around for a while, then went back to the office. At one point he said that if the transmission acts up again, I could bring it back in to be reset. He saw my face, and said if I didn't want to drive there, I could take a wrench and disconnect the negative battery terminal to reset it. When I asked if he was really telling me to disconnect cables myself to fix this, he quickly backtracked and said, no, he would never suggest that. The disclaimer went on for a bit more, and he said he was just throwing it out there. When I again mentioned all the problems, he said all vehicles have problems, even his. That it was normal. Normal?! I said systems started failing 5 hours after I bought it, that I lost it for 30 days in the first 4 months, that everything is going wrong, that I have lost it now for 32 days and 3 mornings and have 5500 miles and that this is normal??? He then said they would give me new brake rotors and replace the GPS system. It doesn’t address why the brakes failed at 2600 miles, so I don’t know if I will be getting frequent brake jobs. His solution for fixing the tranny was ridiculous. I still have the seat problems. I would have to wait for him to work on the roof rattling (already documented), and then lose it for who knows how much more time as he again tries to fix it, when all they have to do is replace it. It turns out he is the engineer who looked at it when they had it for the 3 week period. So he is the one who back in April could have taken care of this, but dropped the ball. Now he is the one who reviews the situation and his place in it. Is he going to tell Ford the situation is out of hand and the vehicle needs to be replaced? I said I was done with service visits, and didn't want to drag this out any more months. I said just replace the vehicle. He asked a few more times, but I said I had had enough, and don't trust this truck. So, now I have to wait and see. I could actually see that Amber was uncomfortable with the conversation, and I saw her nodding , yes, when I repeated that I wanted a new vehicle.

Then, on 9-7-10 at approx 10AM, I received a call from Cynthia McGregor who called to inform me that Ford has decided they will not replace the vehicle. She stated that I still have the option of taking it up with the BBB. I told her I anticipated this response and have already planned to submit a package to the NYS AGs Office’s Lemon Law Arbitration. It seems I have run out of other options at this point.

The meeting was on 9-1-10. Give a day to write his report up and submit it. A day for Ford Legal to get it. A day for it to be sent to Ford Cust Service. Then, the next business day, today, to call me first thing in the morning. It comes up one day too many as the Labor Day Weekend came up, and all offices were closed Monday. If no one did anything on the Friday, it is 2 days too many. There was no deliberation on this at their end. This decision was made by the engineer before I even had the meeting. They just had to put it on file. What a waste of another day.

Repair invoices supplied by Sayville Ford are not full and complete. They never supplied a dedicated invoice for the 4-6-10 visit, as they say they can’t find it. I was given an invoice that was a summary of previous visits as well as that one. Other invoices have confusing dates, as they left previous work orders open. I have tried to mark the correct dates and days lost, but mileages, days in and out and work done are confused. Ford Motor Corp was apparently not notified of many attempts, as they were unable to fix the problems, and so repair invoices were not sent in. No further attempts were made on the sunroof after the 4-6-10 visit, as I was told by Sayville Ford that Ford itself would not pay for anymore attempts. The Navigation Unit cannot be fixed as per Sayville Ford and Ramp Ford, and a Ford engineer said he will offer to replace it if I choose not to request that Ford take the vehicle back. I declined, due to all the other problems, and so the faulty unit is still in my vehicle. The transmission still does not shift smoothly (though slamming is gone after solenoid recall), the seat memory needs to often be reset, the driver seat is coming loose somewhere underneath and the brakes are still weak, though the pulsation is mostly gone.

When I purchased this vehicle, I never imagined the nightmare owning it would be. I have had Fords before. I have a friend who has the Edge and loves it. Since the day I bought it, systems have been failing. I have found others online with the same problems as mine. No one has all of these problems in one vehicle, though. I spent $37,400 out the door on what I thought was a state of the art American Made SUV. What I have is a vehicle I don’t trust, don’t feel safe in and have no confidence that more won’t go wrong. I will not drive it outside of my local area, and will not put my family in it. If the brakes and transmission have failed, what is next? The steering? Are they going to fail again? What good is a vehicle with all the extras if you can’t take it anywhere, or get the extras to work. I have wasted way too much of my life in service departments. 32 Full days in the shop, another 3 mornings waiting, and it only has 5500 miles on it! Everyone I speak or blog to about this whole situation is amazed that Ford has not remedied the situation yet. It should never have gotten to this point. I no longer want to deal with this vehicle.

W. Oliver

\

Edited by blizzard2010

This is going to sound bad so I apologize in advance. You are basically complaining about radio problems....hardly makes the vehicle unsafe. The rotors warping at low mileage is a problem experienced from time to time by every manufacturer out there. You DRASTICALLY overstated the problem when you said your brakes failed. Sounds like your trans issue got resolved. As for the sunroof, I agree Ford needs to pull their head out of their ass and get it fixed however it hardly makes the vehicel unsafe. SHould you be having these issues, no, but I think you are being a bit dramatic

This is going to sound bad so I apologize in advance. You are basically complaining about radio problems....hardly makes the vehicle unsafe. The rotors warping at low mileage is a problem experienced from time to time by every manufacturer out there. You DRASTICALLY overstated the problem when you said your brakes failed. Sounds like your trans issue got resolved. As for the sunroof, I agree Ford needs to pull their head out of their ass and get it fixed however it hardly makes the vehicel unsafe. SHould you be having these issues, no, but I think you are being a bit dramatic

Dramatic? Excuse me, but you haven't been dealing with all these problems for 10 months. It seems in addition to faulty service, I have been lied to repeatedly. No one wants to do their job. Radio? The whole Nav/Radio/Media unit keeps failing. They knew it was faulty and could have replaced it back in April. When your brakes suddenly warp to the point that you nearly go through a red traffice light trying to stop ( no, I wan't speeding), and you have to start stopping at twice the distance you normally do, there is a problem. Especially at 2600 miles. No snow or water was present to cause rapid warping. The sunroof sounds like a geiger counter over my head. Do you have any idea how annoying that gets. They know of the problem, but don't care. The tranny still doesn't engage smoothly coming off red lights or Stop signs. Not as bad as when I gave it the gas at a red light and it sat there revving till it slammed into gear and felt like I was rear ended. I have 2 artificial disks in my neck. I saw stars. Funny, I was on my way to the dealer for the sunroof when it happened. The seat problems, door latch that was unaligned, USB failing....all just add to the wonderful experience of owning this vehicle. They could have addressed these problems a long time ago. They chose not to.

When your brakes suddenly warp to the point that you nearly go through a red traffice light trying to stop ( no, I wan't speeding), and you have to start stopping at twice the distance you normally do, there is a problem.

Brakes don't "suddenly warp" and it doesn't affect stopping when they do. Either something else is wrong or you're overdramatizing.

Sounds like most of your problems are caused by the dealer not making repairs correctly or not even trying. It happens. Find a new dealer before you give up.

There are so many different levels of software in the nav/radio system that it's no wonder you and the dealer are confused. The only thing you can get through the Sirius are Sirius updates. They do not in any way affect the GPS or phone/Sync system. The discs that cost $199 are map database updates and you should have to pay for them. But they are just data, it will not resolve any of the problems you are describing. The fundamental operating software of the system can technically be updated (through a different disc), but that is not available to dealerships, instead they are supposed to replace the unit.

As for the brakes, vibrations are not failure. The transmission problems should be covered in a new TSB just published on 8/25. The moonroof rattle is a pain, so hopefully they can come up with a solution.

But as you state, these are all fairly common problems. Why do you jump to the conclusion that just because a lot of common problems have happened on your vehicle, that out of the blue some crazy new problem is going to happen to?

Brakes don't "suddenly warp" and it doesn't affect stopping when they do. Either something else is wrong or you're overdramatizing.

Sounds like most of your problems are caused by the dealer not making repairs correctly or not even trying. It happens. Find a new dealer before you give up.

The second response calling me over dramatic. I do know how to drive, and I don't get overly dramatic. I am a former State Trooper and a retired Highway Patrol Officer. When I say there was a braking problem, and the vehicle's performance became substandard, I know what I am talking about. The Ford engineer told me they CAN suddenly warp, if you suddenly encounter snow or water when the brakes are overheated. Ever see a tractor trailer whose rear brakes light up from excess heat due to excess pressure in the brake lines? Any idea what happens if you douse them with water to kill the flame? Problem is, neither rain or snow was present when it happened to me.

One minute , my brakes are fine. The next I am trying to stop and they feel so warped that they faded out and I could barely stop. From then till I got to the dealer, I had double the stopping distance. This was not ABS kicking in, I lost braking power. They told me that "It happens", and that they recut the rotors. They still aren't right. Sometimes I am sitting at a light, with my foot on the brakes, and I will feel the truck suddenly inch foward in little jumps, so I have to press even harder. Ford knows there is a braking problem, that is why the 11s have an all new braking system.

Yes, the deaelrship screwed up. They couldn't fix problems, and gave me the run around. I have been getting that from a second dealership for the Nav system as well. Then, Ford Customer service started dropping the ball as well.

There are so many different levels of software in the nav/radio system that it's no wonder you and the dealer are confused. The only thing you can get through the Sirius are Sirius updates. They do not in any way affect the GPS or phone/Sync system. The discs that cost $199 are map database updates and you should have to pay for them. But they are just data, it will not resolve any of the problems you are describing. The fundamental operating software of the system can technically be updated (through a different disc), but that is not available to dealerships, instead they are supposed to replace the unit.

As for the brakes, vibrations are not failure. The transmission problems should be covered in a new TSB just published on 8/25. The moonroof rattle is a pain, so hopefully they can come up with a solution.

But as you state, these are all fairly common problems. Why do you jump to the conclusion that just because a lot of common problems have happened on your vehicle, that out of the blue some crazy new problem is going to happen to?

Hi Waldo, Yes, the whole GPS thing was screwed up. They initially told me the unit was bad back in April. They should have replaced it, as you said. They told me the disks have the operating system, and they need them to try to fix the unit first, as Ford doesn't want to replace units. It seems there is a disconnect as to how the unit operates. I was even told by Ford Cust Serv that the disks have the OS. It seems no one knows what is going on.

As for the brakes, I responded to the guy before you. I lost braking power, it wasn't just vibrations. The stopping distance suddenly doubled. They haven't mentioned a fix for the tranny to me. In fact, the engineer at the meeting didn't seem to know about it. He just suggested I disconnect my negative battery terminal to reset it. Yeah, the moonroof problem is a big headache. Even one of the techs at Sayville Ford has it on his Edge and doesn't know what to do.

Why do I think more will go wrong? Because so much has already, and it only has 5500 miles. It doesn't seem to have a good track record. I know most people have no problems with theirs. I also know that I have seen others here and at other sites complaining about the same problems, just not all in one vehicle. One guy who posted had his brakes, tranny and roof doing the same thing as mine. His rotors were recut at 3000 miles I believe.

I shouldn't have this headache with a new vehicle. For the first 4 months I owned it, I lost it for 30 days. There would have been more, but Sayville told me they won't work on it anymore, as per Ford. Then Ford tells me they never said that.

Edited by blizzard2010

I am a former State Trooper and a retired Highway Patrol Officer. When I say there was a braking problem, and the vehicle's performance became substandard, I know what I am talking about.

I didn't say that you didn't have a brake problem. I guess they don't teach reading comprehension in trooper school. First you say the brakes warped and you lost braking effectiveness. Then you say that it can be caused by really hot brakes getting wet and cooling too quickly - which you also admit didn't happen. So we're back to some other braking problem, not suddenly warping rotors which is what I meant when I said "something else is wrong".

You need a new dealer that can accurately diagnose and fix the problems the first time.

Re the so called over reaction, I have to come out on the side of blizzrd 2010, when you have problems like this on what is not a cheap vehicle and that just keep going on and on, you do lose confidence in the car (and the company) as a whole. I also am surprised that Ford have apparently let this go on for so long. It will be interesting over time to see if the 2010's are "bad". My gut feeling is that I am seeing more complaints about the 2010's. I know i wish I still had my 2008.

I didn't say that you didn't have a brake problem. I guess they don't teach reading comprehension in trooper school. First you say the brakes warped and you lost braking effectiveness. Then you say that it can be caused by really hot brakes getting wet and cooling too quickly - which you also admit didn't happen. So we're back to some other braking problem, not suddenly warping rotors which is what I meant when I said "something else is wrong".

You need a new dealer that can accurately diagnose and fix the problems the first time.

"Brakes don't "suddenly warp" and it doesn't affect stopping when they do." Your comment. Wrong! I've seen it and even the Ford engineer said it happens. " I guess they don't teach reading comprehension in trooper school. " Wow, your second personal attack. I'm hurt. Your whole post belittled what is happening. I have to wonder why you came back to this obscure little posting to comment with such venom. Since it says you have 1672 posts at these Ford forums, I have to ask your motivation. Either you have a lot of free time on your hands, are in love with Ford and feel a need to monitor these boards to defend Ford's honor, or you are paid to monitor them. Either you have no life, or are pretending to be an Edge owner or potential owner. If you have no constructive comments or advice, please refrain from posting and wasting my time. I have gotten much useful info from these forums and other sites I have posted to. Your rants are unappreciated and childish.

Edited by blizzard2010

Re the so called over reaction, I have to come out on the side of blizzrd 2010, when you have problems like this on what is not a cheap vehicle and that just keep going on and on, you do lose confidence in the car (and the company) as a whole. I also am surprised that Ford have apparently let this go on for so long. It will be interesting over time to see if the 2010's are "bad". My gut feeling is that I am seeing more complaints about the 2010's. I know i wish I still had my 2008.

Hi Theakerr, thanks for posting. I have to wonder if the problems are a result of them trying to rebuild inventories after cash for clunkers. It seems that most people who responded to my posts over the last 6 months, received their vehicles starting last Fall, like I did. People I know who got Edges before that seem to be happy. I think they rushed the assembly lines too much. Too many things weren't put together right. The 2011s are redesigned and have different, braking systems, transmissions and Nav systems. I was told by Ford Cust service that they were having problems with the sunroofs and GPS systems in the 10s. Even the auto mags and their sites said the brake redesign was due to the weak brakes. I've seen some people at another site mention this, and they are waiting for their 11s to be delivered. I wish them well. I sent for NYS Attorney General's Office Lemon Law Arbitration, and also filed with the BBB. Just need to wait and see. I'll advise. Good luck.

"Brakes don't "suddenly warp" and it doesn't affect stopping when they do." Your comment. Wrong! I've seen it and even the Ford engineer said it happens. " I guess they don't teach reading comprehension in trooper school. " Wow, your second personal attack. I'm hurt. Your whole post belittled what is happening. I have to wonder why you came back to this obscure little posting to comment with such venom. Since it says you have 1672 posts at these Ford forums, I have to ask your motivation. Either you have a lot of free time on your hands, are in love with Ford and feel a need to monitor these boards to defend Ford's honor, or you are paid to monitor them. Either you have no life, or are pretending to be an Edge owner or potential owner. If you have no constructive comments or advice, please refrain from posting and wasting my time. I have gotten much useful info from these forums and other sites I have posted to. Your rants are unappreciated and childish.

Not that it's any of your business but I do own an Edge. Your brake story still doesn't add up. You say that very hot brakes doused with cold water can cause sudden warpage, yet you admitted there was no water present when yours "suddenly warped". That doesn't make sense. And even if they warped, it wouldn't cause a loss of braking power like you described.

I'm not trying to belittle your problems but I think most of your problems are being caused by a bad dealer who doesn't know what they're doing and they're probably feeding you false information about the brake problem. I told you twice you need a new dealer but you ignored that.

I don't like to see misinformation posted and I don't like to see Ford blamed for a dealer problem. And if you truly want to get your vehicle fixed rather than bitch about it on the internet then maybe you would listen a little more and stop being so defensive.

Not that it's any of your business but I do own an Edge. Your brake story still doesn't add up. You say that very hot brakes doused with cold water can cause sudden warpage, yet you admitted there was no water present when yours "suddenly warped". That doesn't make sense. And even if they warped, it wouldn't cause a loss of braking power like you described.

I'm not trying to belittle your problems but I think most of your problems are being caused by a bad dealer who doesn't know what they're doing and they're probably feeding you false information about the brake problem. I told you twice you need a new dealer but you ignored that.

I don't like to see misinformation posted and I don't like to see Ford blamed for a dealer problem. And if you truly want to get your vehicle fixed rather than bitch about it on the internet then maybe you would listen a little more and stop being so defensive.

You stated, "Brakes don't "suddenly warp" and it doesn't affect stopping when they do." That is an incorrect statement. They can and do. Besides the situation I described, I have seen it happen elsewhere. The Ford enginer stated it can happen. Don't make a comment like this unless you know what you are talking about. I said that there was no snow or ice to rule out that this caused the warping. The fact is that warping occured anyway. They don'y know why, but they say it happens. They recut the rotors because it did. They would not have if they weren't warped. The main problem with the brakes was fixed, but they are still weak. Ford knows of this situation, and so they have redesigned the brakes. Taking it elsewhere won't help. I did take it to another dealer for the GPS, and they were unable to fix, and unwilling to replace the unit. I've given Ford 32 days and 3 mornings to fix all these problems. No luck.

As for you, you started off by saying ," Brakes don't "suddenly warp" and it doesn't affect stopping when they do. Either something else is wrong or you're overdramatizing." As I said , your first sentence is a fallacy. Your second was rude. You started off this way. You have continued that way. I came to this forum to see if others who are having problems have had any luck at redress. Not so someone can make himself feel important by sitting behind a computer screen on the other side of the country and spew vitriol. I looked at your profile, and saw some of your other posts. You seem to make a habit of being rude. I'm sure you would never do that to someone's face, though.

Edited by blizzard2010

As for you, you started off by saying ," Brakes don't "suddenly warp" and it doesn't affect stopping when they do. Either something else is wrong or you're overdramatizing." As I said , your first sentence is a fallacy. Your second was rude. You started off this way. You have continued that way. I came to this forum to see if others who are having problems have had any luck at redress. Not so someone can make himself feel important by sitting behind a computer screen on the other side of the country and spew vitriol. I looked at your profile, and saw some of your other posts. You seem to make a habit of being rude. I'm sure you would never do that to someone's face, though.

Outside of the EXTREMELY rare situation where your rotors are overheated (which should never happen in the first place) and you throw COLD water on them, brakes do not "suddenly warp". Is that better?

Besides, in the beginning you stated that "brakes are pulsating" and "all 4 rotors re-cut". You never once mentioned sudden warpage or brake failure in your first post. That came later.

Rotors do warp (or appear to be warped) and recutting the rotors will fix it. It doesn't affect stopping ability. Therefore I (and others) think you're being a little overdramatic. That's not being rude - it's just being honest.

I'm not saying you don't have problems and that you shouldn't be upset. But you don't have to make it sound like it's a deathtrap over a few rattles and some bad electronics and a warped rotor. I think you should be more upset at your dealer for lying to you and failing to fix problems repeatedly and not filing the correct paperwork with Ford.

Brake rotors should not warp at 2600 miles, when there have been no undo external influences on them. Not only did they start "pulsating", but it was not the pulsation you feel with ABS. I told the dealer the rotors felt warped, and they concurred. The dealer recut the rotors. Why would they do this unless they decided they were warped. As for braking distance, again, as soon as they started "pulsating", I nearly went through a light when I suddenly couldn't stop. I had to start braking at twice the distance I normally do. There was an effect on braking

Yes, the dealer has screwed this up from the beginning. Apparently they lied to me about their contacts with Ford Cust Service. However, Ford Cust Serv was of no use either. When I finally got someone from FCS who seemed to want to help, the end result was a waste of my time, as the field engineer who came to evaluate was the same one who dropped the ball back in April. Yeah, he is going to tell Ford he messed up, and they should replace the vehicle. Also, when I tried another dealership for the GPS, he literaly said, sorry, he can't help, go back to the other dealer. I've owned 2 Fords in my life, a Mustang and an Explorer, both from this dealership. I drove Crown Vics for years. I never expected to receive this kind of treatment from Ford. They should have rectified the situation at the beginning.

I have to side with akirby on this one, brake rotors do not suddenly warp and it does not affect stopping distance when they do "warp". While I don't dispute your account of the incident, I think it must have been something else. A piece of debris that got lodged in somewhere would cause vibrations and increase stopping distances. Removing the rotors and re-cutting them could knock the debris loose without the tech knowing it.

But the weak brakes are a known concern with the Edge it's true. However it's not because of quality or durability problems, it's from fundamental hardware choices. A 2010 Edge with 10000 miles should brake exactly like a brand new 2010 Edge - that is not great, but perfectly safe. If yours doesn't, then it's because you're dealer hasn't diagnosed or repaired it properly.

The condition often referred to as brake warp is often material transfer from the pad to the rotor. When you make a hard stop and hold the brake fully on (at 1,400 degrees or more) the pad can weld to the rotor. You can see the outline of the pad on the rotor surface and it can be removed by resurfacing the rotors.

Drivers should always attempt to come to a stop "behind the line" after a hard stop and roll out the heat instead of holding the pad in one place on the rotor. If you can't dissipate the heat by rolling it out, then put the vehicle in park and let off on the brake.

<An unpaid public service announcement>

I have to side with akirby on this one, brake rotors do not suddenly warp and it does not affect stopping distance when they do "warp". While I don't dispute your account of the incident, I think it must have been something else. A piece of debris that got lodged in somewhere would cause vibrations and increase stopping distances. Removing the rotors and re-cutting them could knock the debris loose without the tech knowing it.

And that was precisely my point. I don't doubt the rotors were "warped" - whether they were deformed or had extra pad material or had debris on them and that they pulsated and the dealer had to turn them. But if he lost braking power then it was some other problem - not the brakes "suddenly" warping.

W. Oliver

Dealer - Sayville Ford

South Shore Motors Corp.

5686 Sunrise Highway

Sayville NY 11782

P# 631-589-4800

F#631-589-6445

2010 Ford Edge Ltd, AWD, Panoramic Vista Roof, Navigation, Tow Prep package, Cargo Management System, Black Leather in Sterling Gray Metallic.

Received on 11-28-09. Mileage approx 325 miles.

Repairs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-30-09 1) “Tire Pressure Sensor Fault” light came on 5 hours after purchase.

Dealer reset sensors and recalibrated.

2) Iphone found not to be fully compatible with Sync System.

Despite Ford website stating it was compatible, service dept states there is a Bluetooth incompatibility. Cannot use USB to access Ipod function as it never stops indexing. Cannot use Bluetooth effectively as it keeps skipping and can’t access controls. It also activates Bluetooth streaming without letting you know. So the battery drains. You don’t realize till you shut off the vehicle and then hear music playing on your Iphone. The only way to stop the streaming and have an ipod was to buy a new Ipod Nano and plug this into the USB. It prevents the Bluetooth streaming from activating.

1-7-10 1) Sunroof rattling. Persistent noise coming from right rear of main sunroof glass.

Noise verified. Informed by Jim Barberi at service dept. that this is a known issue to this model. Stated that both Ford Edge and Lincoln version suffer from this. He stated that Ford used to replace sunroofs, but now only attempt repair due to cost. Waiting for Ford to advise.

2) Rear passenger door latch needs adjustment. Service dept says it is fine.

2-19-10 1)Sunroof rattling. Persistent.

Track lubricated. No effect

2) Transmission delaying and slamming into gear.

Solenoid recall, transmission software upgraded and recalibrated.

3-8-10 1) Sunroof rattling. Persistent.

Lubed gasket. No effect.

2) USB port inoperative.

System recalibrated.

Dealer supplied a loaner car for the 3 days I lost my vehicle.

3-17-10 1) Sunroof rattling. Persistent.

Located unpadded dowels in track. Padded them. No effect.

2) Brakes pulsating.

Recut all 4 brake rotors. Pads were fine. Vehicle mileage is approx 2600 miles.

Dealer supplied Hertz rental car for 6 days I lost the vehicle.

4-6-10 1) Sunroof rattle. Persistent.

Ford engineer supposed to come examine vehicle.

2) GPS system experiencing software issues.

Initially informed that the control unit was faulty and needed to be replaced. When I went to pick it up, I was told it was fine.

3) Memory seat losing settings.

4) Rear passenger door latch again.

Adjusted latch.

I was provided a Hertz rental car. On 4-22-10, I was called by Jim Barberi, who was my primary contact at Sayville Ford. He advised that the Ford engineer stated he didn’t hear anything (already confirmed as a problem by technicians, and I have recordings) and that Ford states they won’t authorize anymore work on the roof. He stated that Ford reported, “The vehicle as is , is characteristic of the vehicle”. I was told that I have to come pick up my vehicle, and drop off the rental or I would be charged for it. He also advised that if I am considering Lemon Law Arbitration, by law they cannot work on it anymore. I contacted a lawyer who stated that is false, that they have to keep providing service under the warranty. I was also initially told by Jim Barberi, a few days after I dropped the vehicle off, that the technicians had tested my GPS system, and that the control head unit was bad, and they were probably going to replace it. When he called to tell me to pick the vehicle up, he then said that it was fine. I went to Sayville Ford on 4-23-10 and spoke to the head of the service dept, Paul Kelly. He stated that since it is obvious that this vehicle is a Lemon, Ford probably figures it will have to take it back, and so don’t want to pay for anymore service. Paul asked if I had contacted Ford Customer Service about them taking this vehicle back. I said I had only dealt with Sayville ford. He offered to contact Ford for me. He said to keep the loaner car till he hears back on Monday. On Monday, I was advised that they didn’t get back to him, and that I have to pick up my vehicle. I still had the rattle. I also was still having problems with the GPS system. The vehicle attempted to send a vehicle health report, but was unable to complete it. Also, when I spoke to Jim Barberi, I asked if the paperwork was completed. He said he was finishing it now, as it was a lot of info to type. When I picked the vehicle up, he was not there. The girl who helped me couldn’t find the paperwork at the desk, and said she couldn’t access it in the computer. She gave me an abbreviated printout of all my visits. I called Jim Barberi the next week, and he said he would mail it to me. A week later, I had not received it, and he said it might have been lost up front by the secretaries, and he would re-mail it. I still never received anything. They have not been able to provide me with paperwork for the visit.

At this point, I had lost my vehicle for a total of 30 days, and had spent 3 additional mornings at the dealership for service.

I continued to have problems with the GPS unit. Weather would fail to update, the Media screen would freeze up occasionally, the Phone screen would freeze occasionally, the location given by the GPS would sometimes be off, the Sirius radio would skip, the “NO GPS” splat shows up and stays on sometimes for 8 blocks and I noticed my maps were about 6 years out of date. These occurrences happened without overhead obstruction. I contacted Sirius radio, and asked for an on air update. The Radio, Media and Sound hard buttons failed. Those screens would not work. They kept trying to send updates and unfreeze the unit. They said an update should not effect these systems, and asked if I was having other problems with the unit. When I said yes, they said the unit was bad, and bring it to the dealer. They wrote up an incident report for later review. I contacted Sayville Ford, and made an appointment. I was told it would be about a 3 hour wait. I said I would wait, and scheduled for 7-15-10.

I also asked if Paul Kelly was available. I had called previously to see if Ford got back to him, and had been told by Jim that they were waiting for an engineer to come look at all of the paperwork. Paul wasn’t there.

7-15-10 Arrived at Sayville Ford. Told there were only 2 techs who worked on GPS systems. I was told it would be 8 hours, and that they didn’t have any loaner cars available. I cancelled the appointment as I had no way of getting home (25 minute ride).

7-26-10 Ramp Ford, Rt 347, Port Jefferson Sation NY, 11776.

1)Dropped off the vehicle for the GPS system. Gave full report of problems.

2) Driver seat periodically slips forward and back. Feels like it is the undercarriage.

3) Sunroof shade auto close doesn’t always work.

They called later in the day, and said they found nothing wrong. I asked if the system froze up when they did an update. They said they didn’t do one as they can only do work if they see a problem. I told them the update was one of the problems! I got a ride there, and had a tech go to my vehicle with me. I called Sirius and had then read the incident report. Then I had them send an update. It froze and the technician acknowledged it. He looked at the seat, and said it is a little loose, but not bad. I went in and spoke with one of the main service techs. He said Ford won’t pay to replace the unit as it is $3000. They need to try to reload software first, and asked for my disks. I told him I don’t have any, and wasn’t given any. He said I was given them, and we argued till a man from the back office walked through, heard us and said that the 2010s don’t come with disks anymore. All updates are through the radio. Well, the radio freezes the system. He the said they can’t get the software due to a firewall on their computer. He said sorry, there is nothing he can do to help, and I should call Sayville Ford.

I left and called Sayville Ford, and spoke to Danny. He said they were lying about the firewall, and just don’t want to pay for the software. He said to try calling Ford customer service. I did, and was told I could get the disks from Navteq, at www. Navigation.com. I went to the site, and saw they would charge me $199. I called Ford CS again, and described the problem. The person agreed that I shouldn’t have to pay for disks to fix a warranty problem. He also said Ramp just doesn’t want to pay for it. I was switched to Samantha. She also agreed, and said she would call both dealerships for me. I also asked her about why Ford would not allow anymore attempts to repair my sunroof. She said there was no record of that. I told her of all my visits, and she said the only one in her records was for the transmission recall. So, Samantha calls me back the next day. She says that both dealerships say they can’t get the software. Then, after initially agreeing I shouldn’t pay for it, she now says I should consider buying it. I said no, and she said my option was to buy them, or “go to my local Ford/Lincol/Mercury dealer”. I tried to get her to do something, and she kept repeating the same line. I asked her to stop reading the script and help me. She said she wasn’t reading from a script, and I finally hung up. I made another appointment for Sayville Ford.

8-4-10 Sayville Ford

They had my vehicle for a day. When I arrived, I saw Paul Kelly. I asked him if Ford ever got back to him. He said they didn’t. I asked about the engineer, if she ever showed up. He said no, that Ford had recently changed their Cust Service program. I said I was told by CS that they don’t have records of all of my visits. He said that if they can’t fix a problem, they don’t always submit the invoice to Ford. I left and waited to hear back. I was called back later, and told that they did a master reset, and it was all fine. I picked the vehicle up. While driving home, it tried again to send a vehicle health report, and failed. I stopped to reload my settings, and saw the only thing missing was my Quick Dial numbers. All presets were still there. I tried to reload the numbers, and found a new problem. Under Phone, the Phone Book was missing buttons. Some of the letter buttons ( ABC, DEF etc) were missing. It now seems that when I go to phone book, some of the buttons are grayed out, and that the ones that are keep changing. I have taken pictures of it. The other problems are also still there.

It is now a total of 32 days lost and 3 mornings spent at the dealership. This doesn’t count the day I went to Sayville only to leave again.

On 8-6-10, I was called by Cynthia McGregor of Ford Customer service. She wanted to know if the GPS was fine now. I told her it was still failing. She said that they had been having problems with the GPS units, and she would call Sayville Ford and get back to me in a bout 3 hours. I said I would wait to call Sayville till I heard back. I never heard back. I left 2 messages for her on her voice mail, and I called Sayville Ford. I explained what happened, and was told that Danny deals with Cynthia. I left him a voice mail, and have never heard back. I finally got through to Cynthia on 8-19-10. I asked why I never heard back. She said that Yolanda said that the case was closed. I said I never heard of anyone called Yolanda. She said that Paul had stated that he called and told me that they couldn’t do anything without the disks. I said no one at Sayville Ford ever got back to me. I again asked about Ford refusing to pay for more work on my sunroof, Paul contacting them about Ford taking the vehicle back or an engineer (only told it was a woman, no name) looking into my case. She said there was no record of any of this. She said she would have Amber Metro, who was responsible for dealing with the dealerships and buybacks, contact me.

On 8-23-10, I was called by Amber Metro. I explained the situation. She stated that they were having issues with the sunroofs. She stated she would set up a meeting with a Ford Field Engineer. This has been set for 9-1-10 at Sayville Ford.

Well, I had the meeting with Ford on 9-1-10. Amber Metro was very pleasant. The meeting primarily revolved around the field engineer. It was obvious it was a well choreographed show, and that he had done it before. From the start I saw what this would entail. He attempted to establish dominance right from beginning. He was talking to the others while acting as if I wasn't there. Then the quick turn around and,"Oh, I should say hello....". Then, he says "Let's go" , and jumps in my vehicle behind the wheel, leaving me standing there. I get in the passenger seat, as he gets comfortable, adjusts everything to his liking, puts his phones and keys in my cupholders, points it out by then saying,"you don't mind, do you?" and then drives off without telling me where we are going or what he is testing. It was all to establish dominance/control over me in my own vehicle, and over the situation. It seemed like it was right out of a training course. I guess it works sometimes. Usually when someone does this for conflict resolution, they are trained to be more subtle. As I said, I knew how this would go. Everything I pointed out as wrong he made sound as if it was nothing, or couldn't understand what I meant. Example…I was showing him screenshots of the Nav system’s Phone screen that show grayed out (faulty) areas, and he said he doesn’t see anything wrong. When I mentioned the Nav system freezes when it gets an update, he said he doesn’t think there is all that much important in the updates, anyway. While we were driving, I knew this was a waste of time. They, ( Bob, Paul Kelly the service manager and Amber ) seemed to know each other well. They kept up a personal conversation while I sat there.

We drove around for a while, then went back to the office. At one point he said that if the transmission acts up again, I could bring it back in to be reset. He saw my face, and said if I didn't want to drive there, I could take a wrench and disconnect the negative battery terminal to reset it. When I asked if he was really telling me to disconnect cables myself to fix this, he quickly backtracked and said, no, he would never suggest that. The disclaimer went on for a bit more, and he said he was just throwing it out there. When I again mentioned all the problems, he said all vehicles have problems, even his. That it was normal. Normal?! I said systems started failing 5 hours after I bought it, that I lost it for 30 days in the first 4 months, that everything is going wrong, that I have lost it now for 32 days and 3 mornings and have 5500 miles and that this is normal??? He then said they would give me new brake rotors and replace the GPS system. It doesn’t address why the brakes failed at 2600 miles, so I don’t know if I will be getting frequent brake jobs. His solution for fixing the tranny was ridiculous. I still have the seat problems. I would have to wait for him to work on the roof rattling (already documented), and then lose it for who knows how much more time as he again tries to fix it, when all they have to do is replace it. It turns out he is the engineer who looked at it when they had it for the 3 week period. So he is the one who back in April could have taken care of this, but dropped the ball. Now he is the one who reviews the situation and his place in it. Is he going to tell Ford the situation is out of hand and the vehicle needs to be replaced? I said I was done with service visits, and didn't want to drag this out any more months. I said just replace the vehicle. He asked a few more times, but I said I had had enough, and don't trust this truck. So, now I have to wait and see. I could actually see that Amber was uncomfortable with the conversation, and I saw her nodding , yes, when I repeated that I wanted a new vehicle.

Then, on 9-7-10 at approx 10AM, I received a call from Cynthia McGregor who called to inform me that Ford has decided they will not replace the vehicle. She stated that I still have the option of taking it up with the BBB. I told her I anticipated this response and have already planned to submit a package to the NYS AGs Office’s Lemon Law Arbitration. It seems I have run out of other options at this point.

The meeting was on 9-1-10. Give a day to write his report up and submit it. A day for Ford Legal to get it. A day for it to be sent to Ford Cust Service. Then, the next business day, today, to call me first thing in the morning. It comes up one day too many as the Labor Day Weekend came up, and all offices were closed Monday. If no one did anything on the Friday, it is 2 days too many. There was no deliberation on this at their end. This decision was made by the engineer before I even had the meeting. They just had to put it on file. What a waste of another day.

Repair invoices supplied by Sayville Ford are not full and complete. They never supplied a dedicated invoice for the 4-6-10 visit, as they say they can’t find it. I was given an invoice that was a summary of previous visits as well as that one. Other invoices have confusing dates, as they left previous work orders open. I have tried to mark the correct dates and days lost, but mileages, days in and out and work done are confused. Ford Motor Corp was apparently not notified of many attempts, as they were unable to fix the problems, and so repair invoices were not sent in. No further attempts were made on the sunroof after the 4-6-10 visit, as I was told by Sayville Ford that Ford itself would not pay for anymore attempts. The Navigation Unit cannot be fixed as per Sayville Ford and Ramp Ford, and a Ford engineer said he will offer to replace it if I choose not to request that Ford take the vehicle back. I declined, due to all the other problems, and so the faulty unit is still in my vehicle. The transmission still does not shift smoothly (though slamming is gone after solenoid recall), the seat memory needs to often be reset, the driver seat is coming loose somewhere underneath and the brakes are still weak, though the pulsation is mostly gone.

When I purchased this vehicle, I never imagined the nightmare owning it would be. I have had Fords before. I have a friend who has the Edge and loves it. Since the day I bought it, systems have been failing. I have found others online with the same problems as mine. No one has all of these problems in one vehicle, though. I spent $37,400 out the door on what I thought was a state of the art American Made SUV. What I have is a vehicle I don’t trust, don’t feel safe in and have no confidence that more won’t go wrong. I will not drive it outside of my local area, and will not put my family in it. If the brakes and transmission have failed, what is next? The steering? Are they going to fail again? What good is a vehicle with all the extras if you can’t take it anywhere, or get the extras to work. I have wasted way too much of my life in service departments. 32 Full days in the shop, another 3 mornings waiting, and it only has 5500 miles on it! Everyone I speak or blog to about this whole situation is amazed that Ford has not remedied the situation yet. It should never have gotten to this point. I no longer want to deal with this vehicle.

W. Oliver

\

Welcome to the Machine..... as alot of people know I ve posted here since Jan 2010 Im the one that Ford finally decided to make a new part for, and now I'm having new issues. Twice this month when execlrating (?) my car felt like I hit a patch of Black ICE and I had no control for a couple seconds which seemed like an eternity. Back to the shop it goes for the 15 th time

Welcome to the Machine..... as alot of people know I ve posted here since Jan 2010 Im the one that Ford finally decided to make a new part for, and now I'm having new issues. Twice this month when execlrating (?) my car felt like I hit a patch of Black ICE and I had no control for a couple seconds which seemed like an eternity. Back to the shop it goes for the 15 th time

Good luck with that. I finally sent off to the BBB and NYS AG's Attny Gen's Office for New Car Lemon Law Arbitration. Waiting to hear back. I sent copies of my post to my senator, rep and state senator. My state senator's aide called me and sent it to the GNYADA ( Greater NY Auto Dealership Association), which is supposed to be a self governing consumer group that dealerships sign into. I just got a message from them to call back. Have to see if this helps any. If not, I'll wait for the other methods. This is so tedious and annoying. You know, I'm retired. I have free time. What the Hell would I do, if I was still working? I would never have had the time to keep losing days going in for service like I have. How do they expect people to get to work, and live their daily lives, as busy as they are? They just say , deal with it. We shouldn't have to.

Edited by blizzard2010