Thank you

choff1138

Just wanted to say - I rocked my sales guy's mind picking up my beautiful car tonight. You could tell he had tried to cram for test day on the new systems, but as we finished up he asked if there was anything else I wanted to ask. I looked back at him and asked if there was anything else he wanted to ask me. He laughed and admitted that I did know more about the car then he did.

I haven't found any thing to complain about yet. But only drove it about 30 minutes then played with some of the systems. Holy Cow, lots to try and figure out.

More tomorrow and Pics of course.

But Thanks to everyone for posting their comments and reviews. It is so helpful!

Just wanted to say - I rocked my sales guy's mind picking up my beautiful car tonight. You could tell he had tried to cram for test day on the new systems, but as we finished up he asked if there was anything else I wanted to ask. I looked back at him and asked if there was anything else he wanted to ask me. He laughed and admitted that I did know more about the car then he did.

I haven't found any thing to complain about yet. But only drove it about 30 minutes then played with some of the systems. Holy Cow, lots to try and figure out.

But Thanks to everyone for posting their comments and reviews. It is so helpful!

I'm happy for you choff! It's been a long long wait.

Dive safe!

I had a simliar experience when I picked up my car. We joked saying that I would conduct training sessions for new owners

Yay! Congratulations Choff. It's so exciting isn't it? :happy feet:

Enjoy and yes waiting for the pics!!!

No pictures yet - the car is already dusty - looks like it might be a hard color to keep super nice but will be fine with a layer of dust too. So far no complaints on the car - everything is setting up pretty easy (thanks to everyone else figuring it out first). I had to set cruise control because I kept going to fast on the highway, don't really want a ticket on the first full day of owning it.

I already know I will feel much better about driving this winter with this car.

No pictures yet - the car is already dusty - looks like it might be a hard color to keep super nice but will be fine with a layer of dust too. So far no complaints on the car - everything is setting up pretty easy (thanks to everyone else figuring it out first). I had to set cruise control because I kept going to fast on the highway, don't really want a ticket on the first full day of owning it.

I already know I will feel much better about driving this winter with this car.

You should pick up a quick detailer like the one below and a couple of micro fiber towels so you can keep your new baby nice and clean. :)

http://www.detailedimage.com/Poorboys-World-M1/Spray-Wipe-SW-P32/16-oz-S1/

You should pick up a quick detailer like the one below and a couple of micro fiber towels so you can keep your new baby nice and clean. :)

http://www.detailedimage.com/Poorboys-World-M1/Spray-Wipe-SW-P32/16-oz-S1/

Ok - this I might be able to handle - I think I will be running it through the car wash (touchless of course) already - Hoses are already disconnected at the house since we are already getting freezing temps at night. Gads is winter coming already?

Ok - this I might be able to handle - I think I will be running it through the car wash (touchless of course) already - Hoses are already disconnected at the house since we are already getting freezing temps at night. Gads is winter coming already?

I hear you about winter approaching all too quickly! :(

Regarding the touchless car washes, if you possibly can, avoid them. Obviously they are better than automatic car washes that physically touch your car, however they can still cause harm to your paint surface. Touchless car washes use recycled dirty water, and it's being sprayed at a decent pressure on your paint. They also use very strong detergents that will strip away any paint protection (wax or sealant) at an accelerated rate. I am not sure if you have a simple coin op in your area, but simply spraying it down is typically a good thing to do. And if you must actually wash your vehicle during the winter, a rinseless wash product like Optimum No Rinse or Quick & Easy Wash is the perfect product for safe winter time washing.

Btw, if anyone wants me to put together a thread outlining proper vehicle care, both wintertime and otherwise, I would be happy to do so. :)

I hear you about winter approaching all too quickly! :(

Regarding the touchless car washes, if you possibly can, avoid them. Obviously they are better than automatic car washes that physically touch your car, however they can still cause harm to your paint surface. Touchless car washes use recycled dirty water, and it's being sprayed at a decent pressure on your paint. They also use very strong detergents that will strip away any paint protection (wax or sealant) at an accelerated rate. I am not sure if you have a simple coin op in your area, but simply spraying it down is typically a good thing to do. And if you must actually wash your vehicle during the winter, a rinseless wash product like Optimum No Rinse or Quick & Easy Wash is the perfect product for safe winter time washing.

Btw, if anyone wants me to put together a thread outlining proper vehicle care, both wintertime and otherwise, I would be happy to do so. :)

What would you say the best wax is to use and lasts the longest? I never understood no rinse wash. Do you need to rinse the dirt off so is doesn't scratch please educate.

Edited by 11Sport

What would you say the best wax is to use and lasts the longest? I never understood no rinse wash. Do you need to rinse the dirt off so is doesn't scratch please educate.

The very best carnuba waxes on the market will only provide paint protection for about 4-6 weeks. Not very durable are they? In recent years, there has been a product called a Synthetic Polymer Sealant, that does the same job as a carnuba wax, however it's much more durable. A good synthetic polymer sealant will provide paint protection for up to 6 months or so. There are pros and cons for using a carnuba vs a sealant and vice versa. The biggest pro for using a carnuba, seeing as it's a natural product, adds a lot of depth and gloss to your paint surface......especially the darker colours. The biggest con is that it is not very durable and you will need to apply it very regularly if you want ensure constant paint protection. With a sealant, the obvious pro is that it is very durable and you do not need to apply it nearly as often. The downside is that it often gives a "plasticy" type of look. Having said that though, most people not into detailing wouldn't even notice the difference. But what most detailers like myself do is apply a sealant for the durability, let it cure for 24 hours, and then apply their favourite carnuba was on top of it to give it that added depth and gloss. Best of both worlds. :)

As far as your question regarding the no rinse wash products, I personally wouldn't use them on a salt caked or extremely dirty paint surface. Some people do, however I am much more anal when it comes to keeping my paint surface in showroom condition. If you want to wash your car in the dead of winter, I would recommend visiting a local coin op to rinse off all of the salt, sand, etc from your paint surface. Assuming you have a product like ONR or QEW, get yourself two buckets both with grit guards, a couple of 100% sheepskin or MF mitts, some MF towels, and some warm water. An instructional video below, however feel free to ask any additional questions.

http://guidetodetailing.com/detailing-product-deals/optimum-no-rinse-car-wash/

Any coin operated ones that we have here that I know of, are out door and COLD in the winter. In fact we had snow this morning - nothing stuck but definitely snow on the mountains close and won't be long for us here. So sad.

Yeah, all of the coin op places stalls here are outdoors as well. In any case, they are much more paint safe for your Edge than going through an automatic car wash.

How I'd love to be able to visit each of you new Edge owners and get each one of you properly prepped up after you take delivery. :)

Btw, I have 6-8 weeks until I get mine so I hope you all don't mind me living vicariously through you all? :)

Edited by CanuckG35

Yeah, all of the coin op places stalls here are outdoors as well. In any case, they are much more paint safe for your Edge than going through an automatic car wash.

How I'd love to be able to visit each of you new Edge owners and give you a full detail. :)

Drive the Alcan and come see me - it is a pretty drive and I am sure much better in the Edge than in the Jeep Wrangler that we did it in. Canada was fun - but never did figure out your money and wasn't there long enough to try and figure it out. If you come after July - I will send you back with Alaskan Salmon.