Bluetooth audio

wilsons66604

Is anyone able to see track information while using Bluetooth Audio, if so what sort of phone do you have? I believe the phone needs to support AVRCP 1.3 at least for this to work as well as the Sync Head unit would also need the same. Does anyone know a site to show what phones have what version of AVRCP, or do we only have version 1.0 on the Sync Head Unit and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Yes I have seen track information with Bluetooth audio. I have a Blackberry 9700. However most of the time I actually DO NOT see track information when using the Bluetooth connection. I do not know why it works sometimes and not other times. I'm just adding it to the impressive list of wierdnesses.

Yes I have seen track information with Bluetooth audio. I have a Blackberry 9700. However most of the time I actually DO NOT see track information when using the Bluetooth connection. I do not know why it works sometimes and not other times. I'm just adding it to the impressive list of wierdnesses.

No weirdness - only undocumented features.

:)

Another update in the BT Audio saga...

<<knock on wood>>

Yesterday I did a master reset to factory settings on the MyTouch, re-Paired my iPhone 4.

So far, the BT Audio has worked perfect.

I start the car and a few seconds later, my iPhone is streaming through the Edge.

:rockon:

Never mind. It's back to the same old thing.

I have to click on the SYNC blutooth device on my iPhone to get it to see that it has bt audio. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

OK...It's been two days since I've had to pull my iPhone 4 out of my pocket and toggle the BT!happy%20feet.gif

Here's what I did...

I paired an old BlackBerry as a second device.

Removed the BB from the car.

Now when I start the car, the BT Audio doesn't automatically connect to anything.

I click on the tab and Touch attempts to connect to the BlackBerry and fails.

I click on the tab again (a 3rd click is needed sometimes), and Touch connects to the iPhone and the iPhone realizes it and starts streaming audio!

This isn't ideal but it beats having to fiddle with the phone.

Edited by wilsons66604

OK...It's been two days since I've had to pull my iPhone 4 out of my pocket and toggle the BT!happy%20feet.gif

Here's what I did...

I paired an old BlackBerry as a second device.

Removed the BB from the car.

Now when I start the car, the BT Audio doesn't automatically connect to anything.

I click on the tab and Touch attempts to connect to the BlackBerry and fails.

I click on the tab again (a 3rd click is needed sometimes), and Touch connects to the iPhone and the iPhone realizes it and starts streaming audio!

This isn't ideal but it beats having to fiddle with the phone.

I spoke too soon. Touch is back to it's wacky ways again.

In addition to that, Touch rebooted it's self while driving to work today. It was messed up when the reboot finished. It couldn't connect to my phone and the Touch screen locked up. The 4" screen was confused. Attached is a pic of the Phone menu surrounded with the navigation.

After backing into my parking space without the camera (I really rely on that thing) I turned the car off and got out. Touch was still glowing but it finally rebooted again. This time it found my phone.

post-9129-066802100 1288961211_thumb.jpg

Edited by wilsons66604

Im currently have NO luck pairing my Motorola Droid with bluetooth audio. It worked perfectly with SYNC in my 2008, but now it wont play music from my phone at all. I can make phone calls through BT, but the bluetooth audio which I really wound up using a lot, isnt working. :angry:

Edited by Edgieguy

Im currently have NO luck pairing my Motorola Droid with bluetooth audio. It worked perfectly with SYNC in my 2008, but now it wont play music from my phone at all. I can make phone calls through BT, but the bluetooth audio which I really wound up using a lot, isnt working. :angry:

Have you tried deleting the pairing on Sync and the droid then re-pairing?

also consider the upgrade that is now available

Have you tried deleting the pairing on Sync and the droid then re-pairing?

also consider the upgrade that is now available

That's my next step. Last night I got the message pictured below. But still no music playing....Ive unpaired and reset the phone a few times. My question is, do I need to download the upgrade and bring it with me or will the dealer have the software downloaded and ready to go?

IMG_20101109_234548.jpg

Edited by Edgieguy

That's my next step. Last night I got the message pictured below. But still no music playing....Ive unpaired and reset the phone a few times. My question is, do I need to download the upgrade and bring it with me or will the dealer have the software downloaded and ready to go?

IMG_20101109_234548.jpg

The update is no longer available. I guess it was posted in error so the took it off the site.

This is one that the deal would have had to download off of their support site