Bluetooth audio

wilsons66604

I was able to play music from my iphone 3gs, but it was so jumpy that I plugged it in and did it USB style. I think I am going to get myself a little nano or something to just leave in the car for basic music needs.

Another thought is just to pick yourself up an 8GB or 16GB SD card and use it for music. I did that during my couple of day trial of the Edge and it worked flawlessly. Much cheaper than buying an iPod Nano. :)

Another thought is just to pick yourself up an 8GB or 16GB SD card and use it for music. I did that during my couple of day trial of the Edge and it worked flawlessly. Much cheaper than buying an iPod Nano. :)

I didn't look real close - but isn't there only one SD card slot? Don't I need to leave the Nav SD card inserted to work or was it a load and remove? Yes, I could go get the book, but if someone knows - I won't start digging in the manual.

Also - how do I get my music off my mac on to a SD card without having to buy a card reader? I am thinking Nano... besides - I don't ever really need a reason to buy more apple gear.

I didn't look real close - but isn't there only one SD card slot? Don't I need to leave the Nav SD card inserted to work or was it a load and remove? Yes, I could go get the book, but if someone knows - I won't start digging in the manual.

Also - how do I get my music off my mac on to a SD card without having to buy a card reader? I am thinking Nano... besides - I don't ever really need a reason to buy more apple gear.

isn't there only one SD card slot? Yep

need to leave the Nav SD card inserted to work? Yep

music off my mac on to a SD card without having to buy a card reader? Nope

I think a better way to go would be a USB flash drive. There's two of those inputs.

That's exactly what I did. I bought a nano 6 gen to use in the car. It works great. Songs were indexed and it displays artist, song length, time remaining, etc.

Is the 6gen the new tiny one being advertised now on TV?

How are you connecting it to the Edge?

Edited by e-Mel

Same issue here. I got it working once and the next time it didn't work. If someone has the answer, post it up.

Well, I deleted my iPhone and re-paired it. I can now stream Bluetooth. There are still some bugs ie, the play/pause on the dash isn't operational but when I play/pause from iPhone, it works ok and streams through the car.

When I turn off the ignition and get out, the iPhone is paused.

It's close. :rockon:

I didn't have to pull a fuse or reboot.

An iPod plugged into the usb works great, needs to be rebooted once in awhile. The BT streaming is not completely compatible with the Sync/My Ford systems. It will stream and you can use the volume but not the fast forward/back buttons.

I can understand that not all features are available on BT streaming. My issue is the BT is hit or miss on the connection to the iPhone.

I just ordered my Edge and take delivery in November some time.

I'll be extremely unhappy if my $ 40000 truck can not accomplish the same level of playback as my 4 year old $99 Pioneer bluetooth head unit. A2DP streaming is a standard that works fine. I have a Galaxy S loaded with podcasts that sync themselves, and I'd hate to have to keep plugging the phone in and not be able to use the Bluetooth controls. Using a touch screen and non-tactile feedback to change tracks, play/pause, etc... is dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

After upgrading iPhone 4 to iOS 4.2

pulling fuse 29

I've determined that Sync's part of BT Audio is working great now. The iPhone gets stupid at times and doesn't see that it's connected to a BT Audio stream. After a disconnect/connect from the iPhone, all works well

Wilson,

Forgive me I am not technically inclined...

When you say you disconnect/connect the iPhone do you mean you turn it on and off? Turn the car on and off?

Wilson,

Forgive me I am not technically inclined...

When you say you disconnect/connect the iPhone do you mean you turn it on and off? Turn the car on and off?

On the iPhone Settings/ General/ Bluetooth, I click on SYNC and it reconnects to the Ford. I then select BT Audio on the My Touch screen and it works. You may need to tell the My Touch to connect a couple of times.

I've come to the conclusion that this system in the Edge is Windows and it should have been rebooted a few times during production. I know that when I mess with BlueTooth on a pc, I usually have to reboot a couple of times before things work as they should. By pulling fuse 29, you are rebooting the system. Since my system has rebooted a few times, it works MUCH BETTER.

That said, my iPhone 4 is still kinda stupid. I listen to podcasts while working out and would like to continue listening when I get in the car. Many times I need to go into the iPhone settings and tap on the SYNC in the Bluetooth menu.

Another update in the BT Audio saga...

<<knock on wood>>

Yesterday I did a master reset to factory settings on the MyTouch, re-Paired my iPhone 4.

So far, the BT Audio has worked perfect.

I start the car and a few seconds later, my iPhone is streaming through the Edge.

:rockon:

What about Bluetooth Audio - Indexing? Does anyone get this to work? If so what type of phone do you have, with my iPhone 4 I can only appear to hit the Sync button and say next or whatever. I had a $55 motorola bluetooth device that I could hit the button and it would basically pull up the iPhone Voice Control then I could place calls or start playlists, artists and so forth.

What about Bluetooth Audio - Indexing? Does anyone get this to work? If so what type of phone do you have, with my iPhone 4 I can only appear to hit the Sync button and say next or whatever. I had a $55 motorola bluetooth device that I could hit the button and it would basically pull up the iPhone Voice Control then I could place calls or start playlists, artists and so forth.

I'm not sure what the Index thinks it is doing on my iPhone 4. MyTouch says it is indexing it even when I told it not to.

Play/Pause & Back/Forward are the only controls that work with my BT Audio

Is anyone able to see track information while using Bluetooth Audio, if so what sort of phone do you have? I believe the phone needs to support AVRCP 1.3 at least for this to work as well as the Sync Head unit would also need the same. Does anyone know a site to show what phones have what version of AVRCP, or do we only have version 1.0 on the Sync Head Unit and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Edited by francois.nc

Is anyone able to see track information while using Bluetooth Audio, if so what sort of phone do you have? I believe the phone needs to support AVRCP 1.3 at least for this to work as well as the Sync Head unit would also need the same. Does anyone know a site to show what phones have what version of AVRCP, or do we only have version 1.0 on the Sync Head Unit and it wouldn't matter anyway.

From what I can tell, iPhone iOS 4.1 does AVRCP 1.0

1.0 does not support Track Name etc. Just Play/Pause , Forward/Back

I haven't seen any info on the head unit yet.

From what I can tell, iPhone iOS 4.1 does AVRCP 1.0

1.0 does not support Track Name etc. Just Play/Pause , Forward/Back

I haven't seen any info on the head unit yet.

Yes I saw for sure that iOS 4.1 added AVRCP 1.0, I am hoping for more in the 4.2 release, but am also curious if any phones out there have this, or all we all in the dark on this technology?