Aftermarket Cargo Covers

oakville_edge

I got the cargo package and was embarrassed when I saw the cover..

Thing is, there is no way to mount a cover other than the rear seats.

The PT Cruiser has an excellent cover with hard mounting points. Wish the edge had that solution.

UPDATE:

When I first saw my car and the cargo cover installed in it, I hated it. I got to thinking that the dealership hadn't installed it right. So..

I decided to give the cargo cover another chance.

In all reality, it's not too bad. and I now understand why it is built the way it is.

The cover needs be flexible and allow for the seats to recline. With the seats in the upright position, the cover fits pretty tight.

To fold the seats forward, You can leave it connected to the headrests and just disconnect the two hooks and two loops.

I feel better about my $$$ spent now!

UPDATE:

When I first saw my car and the cargo cover installed in it, I hated it. I got to thinking that the dealership hadn't installed it right. So..

I decided to give the cargo cover another chance.

In all reality, it's not too bad. and I now understand why it is built the way it is.

The cover needs be flexible and allow for the seats to recline. With the seats in the upright position, the cover fits pretty tight.

To fold the seats forward, You can leave it connected to the headrests and just disconnect the two hooks and two loops.

I feel better about my $$$ spent now!

Got any pics of this cover? I haven't seen one yet. Aslo, how much did you pay? thx

I was shocked when I picked up my new Edge that the cargo cover was so poorly designed! The dealer even said I don't think you're going to like the cargo cover. I had them take it off right away.

Have you seen the cargo cover in the Escape? It's really nice and retracts. I don't know why they couldn't do something like that on the Edge.

I was shocked when I picked up my new Edge that the cargo cover was so poorly designed! The dealer even said I don't think you're going to like the cargo cover. I had them take it off right away.

Have you seen the cargo cover in the Escape? It's really nice and retracts. I don't know why they couldn't do something like that on the Edge.

Because our back seats recline. I agree it isn't what I was expecting, but it will do its job hiding things from the 4 year old which is more what I was thinking of it for than as a leave up all the time thing.

Because our back seats recline. I agree it isn't what I was expecting, but it will do its job hiding things from the 4 year old which is more what I was thinking of it for than as a leave up all the time thing.

Yeah, it still sucks in terms of quality and more importantly PRICE. This isn't something that I wanted my GRANDMOTHER to sew together for me; but that is what we bought and got. The rest of the vehicle is great, I have almost all options available and they are really working good. I am shocked that with such a huge rebuild and changing that the cargo cover was just thrown to the side in some meeting. CHECK out the competition, they all have real retractable options. That is what I paid for, not what I got. The web marketing group is not stupid. They never had a picture or demo of that feature. Only online with us can you see that. I bought what my BMW had and other manufacturers make for a fair amount of money. What I got was a tent with bungie cords.

Argh, sorry venting again. I am sure it is fine for most users. I use it everyday and it is getting worn out already. I guess my expectations were just so much higher for the price I paid. It was a hard call since no pictures or descriptions were ever made public.

Yeah, it still sucks in terms of quality and more importantly PRICE. This isn't something that I wanted my GRANDMOTHER to sew together for me; but that is what we bought and got. The rest of the vehicle is great, I have almost all options available and they are really working good. I am shocked that with such a huge rebuild and changing that the cargo cover was just thrown to the side in some meeting. CHECK out the competition, they all have real retractable options. That is what I paid for, not what I got. The web marketing group is not stupid. They never had a picture or demo of that feature. Only online with us can you see that. I bought what my BMW had and other manufacturers make for a fair amount of money. What I got was a tent with bungie cords.

Argh, sorry venting again. I am sure it is fine for most users. I use it everyday and it is getting worn out already. I guess my expectations were just so much higher for the price I paid. It was a hard call since no pictures or descriptions were ever made public.

I agree - I wouldn't want to use it constantly - I was expecting something to retract as well, but can see how that would be hard with the seats reclining. I hope you are able to find a solution that works better for you.

The cargo cover sucks. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Now I'll try to modify my order - it should be possible since I don't have a VIN yet.

Other crossovers/wagons have reclining seats too and they have a proper retractable solution. I pay 40k on a car and get this? WTF? The whole package should be just $100 or at least they should have thrown the rubber mats in.

The cargo cover sucks. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Now I'll try to modify my order - it should be possible since I don't have a VIN yet.

Other crossovers/wagons have reclining seats too and they have a proper retractable solution. I pay 40k on a car and get this? WTF? The whole package should be just $100 or at least they should have thrown the rubber mats in.

Good luck!

Marketing was clever when they avoided showing any picks of the "Privacy Shade"