Review of Adaptive Cruise Option

i20sailor

Can anyone with the Adaptive Cruise post a review? I have not been able to find hardly any info on the function of this option.

Cars I have driven in the past with adaptie cruise would take full controle of the brakes all the way to emergancy stops. It seemed to me that the Ford system does not go that far and I am not sure how safe it would be if the driver does not know when brake input is required.

I did not get a chance to test drive a vehicle with this before ordering mine, so I skipped it. Getting a Limited in White with everything but the adaptive cruise and 20" wheels. Predicted build date is Nov. 1. Hoping that is close.

I have the adaptive cruise control on my 2011 Edge Limited.

I find that the adaptive cruise control is very handy. Basically you set your speed and the gap. Both of these items show up on the left drivers screen. post-10534-048188300 1285961695_thumb.jpg

Once you've set your speed and the gap, the car brakes to maintain the gap. It does it so smoothly that unless you are paying really close attention to your speedometer you don't know you're slowing down. I don't think the system would stop the car totally if the car in front of you slammed on their brakes. However it will turn off the music, flash red lights in the windshield, beep and prime the brakes if it senses the car in front has stopped. It will even do all of the above when I'm driving and the car in front of me is turning and I get to close to them before they are fully turned. I'm not sure if all of that is part of the adaptive cruise control.

It takes some getting used to but I like all the additional safety features.

I have the adaptive cruise control on my 2011 Edge Limited.

I find that the adaptive cruise control is very handy. Basically you set your speed and the gap. Both of these items show up on the left drivers screen. post-10534-048188300 1285961695_thumb.jpg

Once you've set your speed and the gap, the car brakes to maintain the gap. It does it so smoothly that unless you are paying really close attention to your speedometer you don't know you're slowing down. I don't think the system would stop the car totally if the car in front of you slammed on their brakes. However it will turn off the music, flash red lights in the windshield, beep and prime the brakes if it senses the car in front has stopped. It will even do all of the above when I'm driving and the car in front of me is turning and I get to close to them before they are fully turned. I'm not sure if all of that is part of the adaptive cruise control.

It takes some getting used to but I like all the additional safety features.

I have not yet had a chance to use this, but I think another feature that is incorporated into this is the collision avoidance. I did have that kick in on me and I did not have cruise set. I was driving along and the car in front was turning right. I braked down to where I needed to be, and then let it coast based on the turn speed of car in front I was fine, but I guess the sensors felt I was approaching the car and did not have brakes going it needed to warn me. Don't remember anything audible, but I remember the red lights in the window coming on.