winter tires

2011sport

Hi

Has anyone got info on what size tire to put on 18" wheel for the edge sport 2011? My dealer does not seem sure yet.

Got the winter wheels and still waiting for my edge to arrive...

check out the thread in 2011 edge/ mkx forum piece. there is a topic on winter tires and at least one on size.. Would apply to the sport model also.

Edited by bpattie

Hi

Has anyone got info on what size tire to put on 18" wheel for the edge sport 2011? My dealer does not seem sure yet.

Got the winter wheels and still waiting for my edge to arrive...

Hi, you will need to buy either the OE (Original Equipment) size of 245/60/18 or if you want a 235/65/18 is actually closer in height to the stock 22's that you have.

Also, don't forget that you should buy the TPS (Tire Pressure Sensors) as well if your wheels that you purchased don't come with them

Livio

PS - I bought myself a set of brand new OE 20" wheels with TPS and tires out of Florida for my 11 Sport.

Edited by LIVIO

Hi, you will need to buy either the OE (Original Equipment) size of 245/60/18 or if you want a 235/65/18 is actually closer in height to the stock 22's that you have.

Also, don't forget that you should buy the TPS (Tire Pressure Sensors) as well if your wheels that you purchased don't come with them

Livio

PS - I bought myself a set of brand new OE 20" wheels with TPS and tires out of Florida for my 11 Sport.

On ebay I found 4 OE 18" chrome clads. No sensors included, so I need to find them. What size tire are you putting? (im talking about the 2011 sport model)

Was supposed to take delivr by now but was informed I gotta wait another 2-3 weeks...

so anxious.

[bLivio

PS - I bought myself a set of brand new OE 20" wheels with TPS and tires out of Florida for my 11 Sport. [/b]

Did you buy the 2011 20"? I found a set on ebay with tires for $2K shipped. If you dont mind me asking how much where the 20's?

I really would like to see how those wheels look on the sport. Got any pics? Did you notice any ride differance?

I picked up some 18" Lincoln MKX wheels that have the sensors strapped to the inside of the rims. Does anyone know if the system will automatically pick up the sensors or there is some kind of programming or syncing up that has to be done by the dealer?

The latter. And the strap type sensors aren't compatible with the valve stem (newer) systems.

Did you buy the 2011 20"? I found a set on ebay with tires for $2K shipped. If you dont mind me asking how much where the 20's?

I really would like to see how those wheels look on the sport. Got any pics? Did you notice any ride differance?

PM sent

I don't have them yet.

Livio