Over one month no build date

Garemz

HI everyone,

I ordered my 2011 Edge platinum White with Sienna Interior and 18" rims on Sept 2, just got a vin from my dealer saying build date is Oct 11.

Question is how long do they take to build and get shipped out to Western Canada Edmonton Alberta?

P.S Love this Forum

Cheers

Gary

Question is how long do they take to build and get shipped out to Western Canada Edmonton Alberta?

P.S Love this Forum

Cheers

Gary

Wow! This is good news for me. I actually ordered mine on Sept 30th, but I don't really want it until January. The lease on my current car is up in January, but I ordered to take advantage of the employee pricing. If the new one is delayed that's better for me.

Sorry to hear its taking you so long - but have become very popular I guess?

The date you place your order with a dealership has little to do with the date that the order is placed with Ford. If the dealership does not have allocation left for the current month, it will sit in limbo until allocation is available. Even then, if the dealership places another order (after you gave them your order) andthey put a higher priority on it, it will be scheduled before your order.

What you really want to track is the timing from when Ford schedules the build. A dealer with available allocation will usually come out weeks ahead of one that has used up their current allocation if you go by "order date".

So what does the date on the bottom of the VIN Window Sticker mean? Mine says 9/27/2010. (not the date on the VERY bottom that is always the current date)

I was hoping that was the build date.

That's the date the order was sent to the plant. Build dates do not appear on window stickers. That's what I was told by the Ford CRC.

e-Mel I think you are correct. After looking at my sticker again, I realize that I was wrong. It's not really the build date. My sticker says 8/20/2010 (friday)

Customer service told me it wasn't scheduled to be built until week of 9/6

I was able to figure out when my Edge actually got built by signing up on syncmyride.com and checking the history of my Sync install. It told me sync was installed on 9/8.

The car showed up on the ramp waiting for a train ride on 9/9

Edited by wilsons66604