Powder Coating

peter_nyc

Hey everyone, I want to have my rims powder coated to finish off my look, has anyone done this? Whats the cost, time it takes, etc..

I've been looking into this as well and I don't see a lot folks doing it. It sounds like a lot of people are just sandblasting and painting, but I don't know how long this will keep up in the long run ~ 5 years down the road. I think these 22's on the Sport Edge, with a splash of this and that would really look good. All black, or All white... phewwwwww fancy. :)

• 10 months later...

Hey everyone, I want to have my rims powder coated to finish off my look, has anyone done this? Whats the cost, time it takes, etc..

I'm thinking of doing this to my 2010 Edge Sport 22" rims.... just want to make it look different. Mainly because I love the 2011 Sport rims.. but I'm not liking the almost $600 per rim I've seen them for sale on some sites.

I found a place in Toronto... good write ups by customer on the web in a Honda Prelude Forum. Contacted the place.... $650 CDN for all four rims in one colour.

We'll see...

Edited by average33

• 3 weeks later...

Well I will put my 2cents in on this. Not to be a know it all but, I am in the powder coating business. I am Q.C in the making of powder coatings. I know we supply a lot of wheel companys and I have seen some of the product after a few years. Would I change my rims from a chrome to a powder coating? No. I would suggest if you did to make sure they use the wheel clear coat too. Just my opionion.

• 2 months later...

My son had some steel rims for his Tahoe powder coated black for $40 each.

I’m sure chrome or polished aluminum would be more.

Took a few days to get them back, with an appointment.

A couple of things to consider.

You’ll have to pay to dismount, remount, balance and TPMS.

You’ll also need to MAKE SURE they use rim protectors when mounting the tires.

They offer MANY colors (his daughter wanted pink, they have it).

They should look GOOD and be easy to take care of.

Be sure to post pictures if you do it.

ab

• 4 years later...