HD Radio

wilsons66604

I have noticed that when I am playing HD fm stations, the audio repeats. At first I thought it was the one station but I have since had this happen on a few stations.

The audio would be playing along then at random times start playing the audio from a couple of minutes earlier. It's like I was hitting a replay button.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

and,

Is it true that HD radio is only available in the states?

I have noticed that when I am playing HD fm stations, the audio repeats. At first I thought it was the one station but I have since had this happen on a few stations.

The audio would be playing along then at random times start playing the audio from a couple of minutes earlier. It's like I was hitting a replay button.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

and,

Is it true that HD radio is only available in the states?

I've noticed it takes a few seconds for the the HD signal to tune in. And, when it does (when it jumps from the regular FM to the HD signal), the audio is off slightly, presumably because the different signals coming through the air are not precisely sync'd. As I drive in and out of the HD signal's range, there is a little skipping as the radio jumps between the FM and HD signal.

It would seem kind of strange if the timing difference between the FM and HD were a few minutes off.

Being in Canada, I think I can safely add HD Radio to Sync Services and Sirius Travel Link as features I'll never get to experience. I believe there are exactly zero HD radio stations in the entire country and there are no plans to add any. But it sounds like a great idea...