Ordering Tomorrow!!!!!

Manny2525

Hey folks, I am going to a Ford dealer tomorrow and going to order my 2011 Edge Sport!!! I was wondering how long it would take. I know the designated time is 6-8 weeks, however, I wanted some opinions.

Tomorrow is October 22. I am hoping I can get my Edge between Dec. 22 & Dec. 24. I want it in that time frame because that is when my semester ends and I would be finish with my final exams, therefore I would have more time to play around with the Edge and its technology. Also, I do not want to get stuck with the holiday season because from what I understand, after Christmas, vacation would begin and I won't be getting my car till January.

So, by placing my order tomorrow, will I be able to get my Edge between Dec. 22 & Dec. 24? Thanks for your opinions and after I place & confirm my order, I will post up the specs of the car.

Hey folks, I am going to a Ford dealer tomorrow and going to order my 2011 Edge Sport!!! I was wondering how long it would take. I know the designated time is 6-8 weeks, however, I wanted some opinions.

Tomorrow is October 22. I am hoping I can get my Edge between Dec. 22 & Dec. 24. I want it in that time frame because that is when my semester ends and I would be finish with my final exams, therefore I would have more time to play around with the Edge and its technology. Also, I do not want to get stuck with the holiday season because from what I understand, after Christmas, vacation would begin and I won't be getting my car till January.

So, by placing my order tomorrow, will I be able to get my Edge between Dec. 22 & Dec. 24? Thanks for your opinions and after I place & confirm my order, I will post up the specs of the car.

It depends on so many things - mine took 8 weeks to the day - some people have been longer or shorter depending on when ordered or where located. Check with your dealer on their current allocations, what type of priority they will put on this order, what may be out of stock or shortage at the plant...

Good luck

It depends on so many things - mine took 8 weeks to the day - some people have been longer or shorter depending on when ordered or where located. Check with your dealer on their current allocations, what type of priority they will put on this order, what may be out of stock or shortage at the plant...

Good luck

Thanks for the head up. I appreciate it!!!

One thing just hit me. The dealer that I'm going to (I live in NY) has the Sport exactly how I want it, but in Red. If I ask them to paint it white platinum, will they do it or flat out refuse, or does it depend?

Thanks for the head up. I appreciate it!!!

One thing just hit me. The dealer that I'm going to (I live in NY) has the Sport exactly how I want it, but in Red. If I ask them to paint it white platinum, will they do it or flat out refuse, or does it depend?

Only the dealer knows that - And really for the right price most people will do anything. How much is the white worth to you?

My two nickels.... a car is a big deal and a big expense. If you aren't going to paint it some exotic color, wait. If they know you are so anxious to buy it that you won't wait, but would rather put white paint over red, you'll a whole lot more than even renting some nice car for 2 months!

My two nickels.... a car is a big deal and a big expense. If you aren't going to paint it some exotic color, wait. If they know you are so anxious to buy it that you won't wait, but would rather put white paint over red, you'll a whole lot more than even renting some nice car for 2 months!

+1

Here's my question, dealer told me that Ford no longer allows you to lock in programs/rebates at the time of order but rather you get what is current upon receipt. I know that's valid for interest rates but for Ford rebates that doesn't make sense. Kinda rolling the dice to see how much it'll cost that way IMO. Can anyone confirm?

Here's my question, dealer told me that Ford no longer allows you to lock in programs/rebates at the time of order but rather you get what is current upon receipt. I know that's valid for interest rates but for Ford rebates that doesn't make sense. Kinda rolling the dice to see how much it'll cost that way IMO. Can anyone confirm?

I believe this is correct. However, my salesguy (who I actually have reason to trust!!), says he's been working there for 9 years, and has never seen rebates go down... only up over the course of a model-year's life. For what it's worth.

In the U.S. this is true. You get whatever is in effect when you take delivery. Remember these are factory rebates, not discounts and you have to actually buy something to qualify for a rebate.

However, in Canada you get the choice of what's in effect at order time or delivery time.