2011 Edge Sport

John Gruca

I'm a tall guy (6'2) and my head is almost to the roof. I repositioned the seat every which way but still won't go down as far as it did in my previous Edge '07 and when I test drove a '10. I don't know if this is a Sport specific problem but it's a pain. Anyone else have this problem? Other than that I love the car even though it's short on storage like in the door arm rest (usually kept my cell phone there or wallet) and no shelf in the center console area. It looks nice but don't know why they had to change these items that were on all previous models.

• 5 weeks later...

Im 6 foot 1 and I'm having no trouble in the edge. We just picked up a 2011 sport ourselves. Although I do miss the pull on the door handle I tend to keep those things that I would store in there in the center console now. As far as the shelf that was in front of the shifter, if you have a sport you should have a shelf hidden behind your sony media center. I think this new shelf is even better because it discreetly covers anything that you'd like to lay there. You should check or have your dealer check to make sure that your seat is able to lower itself all the way down to its lowest seating position. When my seat is down I have plenty of headroom.

I am waiting on my Edge Limited and I am 6'4". I tend to recline the seat back and rock the seat bottom to get head room. I am guessing that you like to sit more upright. It really becomes a function of leg length, arm length, and trunk (head to butt) length. You can play with the seat and the steering wheel locations to try and balance all the factors out, but in the end, it is always a compromise. Ford left off the adjustable pedel position on the Edge (a notable omission) which would give you another adjustment to throw in the mix. Since I could fit in a Honda CRX, I figure I can fit in most vehicles.

I'm over 5'11" but I sit taller. Put me next to someone just over 6' and my head is as high as his (if not higher).

Headroom is always a major problem with me.

I test drove an Edge SEL last week and the big thing was the sunroof/moonroof.

It's like that for me on a lot of cars. With the sunroof/moonroof on cars, I tend to only have 1 inch of clearance (if that). You lose a little head-room due to the circuitry and such they have to put up there.

Which is why when I order my Edge in a couple of months I'm making sure it does NOT have a sunroof/moonroof.

I'm over 5'11" but I sit taller. Put me next to someone just over 6' and my head is as high as his (if not higher).

Headroom is always a major problem with me.

I test drove an Edge SEL last week and the big thing was the sunroof/moonroof.

It's like that for me on a lot of cars. With the sunroof/moonroof on cars, I tend to only have 1 inch of clearance (if that). You lose a little head-room due to the circuitry and such they have to put up there.

Which is why when I order my Edge in a couple of months I'm making sure it does NOT have a sunroof/moonroof.

You must be in management, LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a tall guy (6'2) and my head is almost to the roof. I repositioned the seat every which way but still won't go down as far as it did in my previous Edge '07 and when I test drove a '10. I don't know if this is a Sport specific problem but it's a pain. Anyone else have this problem? Other than that I love the car even though it's short on storage like in the door arm rest (usually kept my cell phone there or wallet) and no shelf in the center console area. It looks nice but don't know why they had to change these items that were on all previous models.

I'm 6' 8.5" driving a Edge Limited with Vista roof, which takes a few inches of the available space, and I have no problem, I fit well, there are probably 2 inches between my scalp and the roof

• 2 months later...

I'm a tall guy (6'2) and my head is almost to the roof. I repositioned the seat every which way but still won't go down as far as it did in my previous Edge

I just joined the forum today, and have been reading comments. We took delivery of our 2011 Limited in October. This is hubby's car....

Please don't be offended, but I had to chuckle when I read that you consider 6'2" to be tall. In our house, you would be a midget. Hubby is 6'10 and son is 6'7. Hubby loves the Edge - he bought it mostly because the Sync system is a computer geek's dream. He is more than comfortable (even with the Vista roof), and as someone else said, he played with reclining, front-to-back and the height. Then, once he found the settings he liked, he programmed it (# 1, since it is HIS car, in my car he is #2)

I hope that by now you have found the settings you like. Just wanted you to know that guys even taller than you can be comfortable.

Debby in Illinois