2011 ford Edge Sport Headlight buld Size ?

Hey All,

Just got my Black 2011 Sport last weekend will post pics soon

Does anyone know what kind of headlight bulds size i need?

Whats the best kind? i like my headlights bright !!

I'm also looking to change the interior lights up does the 2011 have the same interior light sizes as the 2010 or lower.

Thanks all ,

Hey All,

Just got my Black 2011 Sport last weekend will post pics soon

Does anyone know what kind of headlight bulds size i need?

Whats the best kind? i like my headlights bright !!

I'm also looking to change the interior lights up does the 2011 have the same interior light sizes as the 2010 or lower.

Thanks all ,

Let me know what you do. I need better headlights as well. I have a silver sport...

JJ

OK It's been about a week still didn't get an answer- Guess everyone is doing a HID conversion kit ?

What i found on the web Ford Edge Sport headlight bulb sizes are "HIR2" not H11 like everyone thinks.

Trying to find a pair of bright Headlights still haven't found any aftermarket - has anyone changed there lights in the new ford Edge Sport 2011 ?

Let me know what you do. I need better headlights as well. I have a silver sport...

JJ

Enjoy the Sport man , Keep me posted on any changes you make i will do the same. I recently modified my license plate lights with PIAA blue bulbs and it's a nice look to it for 20$

If your interested is a 2 pack of PIAA 168 Wedge bulbs xtrema super white amozon shipped to door for 20$ and easy to change. That's the only change Ive made.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The HIR2 (9012) is a very bright low beam light bulb. It puts out more light than the H11 bulb. (1200 lumens for the H11 v 1870 lumens for the HIR 9012) and more light than the more typical 9006 low beam bulb. (1000 lumens). The HIR2 can replace a 9006 after one bulb tab is modified. The H11 can be replaced with the much brighter H9 bulb.

(2100 lumens for the H9 v 1200 lumens for the H11). A slight modification is needed to one bulb tab.

The HIR1 (9011) is the brightest bulb out there. It puts out 2350 lumens. It is intended for the high beam position. It is a great substitute for the 9005 which only outputs 1700 lumens.

All of these make more sense than modifying a reflector housing to take a HID bulb. About the same output gain with proper focus.

Enjoy the Sport man , Keep me posted on any changes you make i will do the same. I recently modified my license plate lights with PIAA blue bulbs and it's a nice look to it for 20$

If your interested is a 2 pack of PIAA 168 Wedge bulbs xtrema super white amozon shipped to door for 20$ and easy to change. That's the only change Ive made.

Hey, Do you think you can post a quick pic? I want to change my lights too.

THX

• 2 months later...

I used DDMTuning brand HID'S. for $45.00, how do you go wrong? I bought the 9006 and it fit without modifications. The bright clear light focuses perfectly through the projector lamp. Check out the photos in my gallery and pm if you have any questions.

Hi Edgieguy!

Been enjoying your posts to the group and I've gained a bit of knowledge on the Edge and mod parts that I've been thinking of. Have a question on your HID kit you installed. Do you loose the hi beams once these HID bulbs/kit is installed? My brother bought me the Retro-solutions kit but it looks pretty complicated to install. So I might forgo that kit and go with the DDMTuning kit you mentioned.

Thanks!

Oh! one more thinky. I work in Wayne, NJ and I "think" that I see you drive past me everyday. Been seeing a white 2011 Sport with HIDs passing me on a side street in Pequannock around 6:30 in the morning hours! Funny if it was you! Don't have my Edge Sport yet but will soon!

Anyone have success finding replacement bulbs for the 2011 Edge Sport? I have read that the H11, 9005, 9006, and 9012 fit. I am trying to find a nice HID or Xenon bulb to replace the factory bulb. I'm not really interested in the conversion kit because I am not sure what affect that will have on my warranty. Any advice, leads, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.

damoujd, if you needs hand I can help. It's not me in Wayne, although I'm out in the Totawa area quite a bit. I've had my edge in for various services several times and dealer has said nothing. I'd change back to stock and go back back to the dealer if I ever had a problem with lighting . but, I've never had a problem with any of their kits that I've used .the high beam on the edge uses a flap system so high beam in low beam is unaffected by the bUlb.

• 8 months later...

I used DDMTuning brand HID'S. for $45.00, how do you go wrong? I bought the 9006 and it fit without modifications. The bright clear light focuses perfectly through the projector lamp. Check out the photos in my gallery and pm if you have any questions.

I'm about to pull the trigger on these DDMTunning band HID's . what color light did you use 3000k -12000k options?