Collision Avoidance Sensor Blocked message

carfaninpa

It happened three times today and has happened before when driving in the rain. The collision avoidance indicator comes on in the left side LCD screen on the dash. It says the sensor is blocked. I will ask the dealer about this next time the car goes in. I don't think rain should cause this to happen.

Just drove 20 miles in very wet rain/snow storm and no sensor error on ours.

Just drove 20 miles in very wet rain/snow storm and no sensor error on ours.

I've had this error and adaptive cruise and blind spot sensor blocked errors repeatedly. On a clean car and on dry roads. Have to pull over and restart the vehicle to clear the warnings and enable cruise control or blindspot functionality. The dealer doesn't know what to do about it and is hoping Ford provides them with some info.

• 1 year later...

My collision avoidance system seemed to be failing intermittantly (clean car dry roads) here in Wisconsin. Then, it went through 6 months in Florida without 1 glitch. Now I am back and the problem appeared again. BUT > > > > I now know that it only happens at one spot on one of the roads I travel frequently. As I drive past this particular spot, it triggers the failure every time! There is nothing obvious at that spot. No public buildings with door openers, no traffic lights, no bumps in the road, nothing I can see.

I'll take this up with the local Ford dealer in the next couple of weeks, maybe even get them to send a tech out with me on a test drive. I'm not holding out much hope that there is a fix however.

@Cruise_2_xs...I also have one road, about 3 miles long, that I drive every morning and 95% of the time, my system will shut off somewhere on that route. If I drive a different route in the morning, it NEVER happens. Never happens on any other route. I found that if I stayed in the center lane (3 lanes of traffic in one direction) and only get into the left lane just before my turn, the system does not shut down. Same as you, I can't see any object that would set it off - the road has a low median and either I am passing vehicles or they are passing me, so it itsn't like I have a car next to me the entire route. If I hit the light red, I can restart the car and the system resets. I hate trying to drive on the large road without it (how did I ever manage to drive the previous 40 years without it???)

@CMAldrich, I have not spent much time troubleshooting this problem since I posted my message, but I am going to look more carefully at what is unique about that area. For one thing, there is a railroad crossing about 150 Yds furter down the road (but that is not the trigger point) and there are high voltage power lines nearby. When traffic is light, I'm going to creep along and find the exact trigger point. Maybe then I'll have a better clue as to the source. Incidentally, I have a very sensitive radar detector in the car, and it never makes a peep in that area (unless there is a speed trap set up).

Let me know if you isolate the source and I'll do the same.

Cruise_2_xs

Edited by Cruise_2_xs