We Got out 11 SPORT! Yay!

Edgieguy

So on 11/06/10 We went to the dealer and we accepted the offer on the table and took the 2011 Sport. Someone told me "Take it, instant gratification" They were right... Its a great driving truck, and since there aren't many out yet in Northern NJ, you can watch as drivers crane their necks to check it out.

We got asked at several stop lights to "Roll down the window... What is that?... Its beautiful!" After the second time my wife looked at me and asked if I was planning on tinting out the front windows soon.

I def. see the difference in ride from our 2008 Limited w/ 20's. I have to say I was worried that it might be a crashing ride with 22's but its great! This is the truck ive been waiting for. Firm, quiet, and sharp handling. It really drives awesome and feels more like my old Mercedes CLK AMG then an SUV or crossover.

I think my SYNC stopped working, But I may be doing something wrong, so I'm not 100% sure yet. Everything else seems to work well.

We got the Cargo package included on ours but the dealer took the charge off. They installed the cargo cover and it is the worst looking piec of garbage Ive ever seen. In good faith I couldn't even list it here for sale to someone and tell them it'll look good. Its a joke. I had a great roll up shade in my 2005 Escape and I'm wondering why Ford couldn't put the same roll up shade in the Edge? What a shame they went as far as placing the EDGE logo in the front turn lenses, and then dropped the ball on some details (like a decent cargo cover) completely????

Overall, I would recommend the Edge, and specifically the Sport to anyone.

Pictures tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgieguy, on 03 November 2010 - 06:41 PM, said

Ive been offered a 2011 Edge Sport (38070.00)

in White (+495)

with Cargo Acc. Pack(+290)

Vision Pack (+395)

All Weather Mats (+75)

Backlit Door Sill(+295)

Vista Roof (+1595)

Driver entry(+895)

NAV(+795)

destination (+775)

------------------------------------------

FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF $43680.

They're giving me invoice $40678 - 4750 in rebates and cash, ($35928) plus paying my last lease payment left on my 2008 limited ($340)

Take it? or leave it? It sounds fair to me and Id have the Sport by Friday.

So I guess were going to take this.... My Wife spoke to the dealer about options we weren't interested in(back lit door sills, and cargo package), and they agreed to drop to $35343. I knew she could convince me to do stuff, but I guess I underestimated her persuasiveness over others.:wacko:

Edited by Edgieguy

So on 11/06/10 We went to the dealer and we accepted the offer on the table and took the 2011 Sport. Someone told me "Take it, instant gratification" They were right... Its a great driving truck, and since there aren't many out yet in Northern NJ, you can watch as drivers crane their necks to check it out.

We got asked at several stop lights to "Roll down the window... What is that?... Its beautiful!" After the second time my wife looked at me and asked if I was planning on tinting out the front windows soon.

I def. see the difference in ride from our 2008 Limited w/ 20's. I have to say I was worried that it might be a crashing ride with 22's but its great! This is the truck ive been waiting for. Firm, quiet, and sharp handling. It really drives awesome and feels more like my old Mercedes CLK AMG then an SUV or crossover.

I think my SYNC stopped working, But I may be doing something wrong, so I'm not 100% sure yet. Everything else seems to work well.

We got the Cargo package included on ours but the dealer took the charge off. They installed the cargo cover and it is the worst looking piec of garbage Ive ever seen. In good faith I couldn't even list it here for sale to someone and tell them it'll look good. Its a joke. I had a great roll up shade in my 2005 Escape and I'm wondering why Ford couldn't put the same roll up shade in the Edge? What a shame they went as far as placing the EDGE logo in the front turn lenses, and then dropped the ball on some details (like a decent cargo cover) completely????

Overall, I would recommend the Edge, and specifically the Sport to anyone.

Pictures tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgieguy, on 03 November 2010 - 06:41 PM, said

Ive been offered a 2011 Edge Sport (38070.00)

in White (+495)

with Cargo Acc. Pack(+290)

Vision Pack (+395)

All Weather Mats (+75)

Backlit Door Sill(+295)

Vista Roof (+1595)

Driver entry(+895)

NAV(+795)

destination (+775)

------------------------------------------

FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF $43680.

Theyre giving me invoice $40678 - 3750 in rebates and cash, ($37129) plus paying my last lease payment left on my 2008 limited ($340)

Take it? or leave it? It sounds fair to me and Id have the Sport by Friday.

So I guess were going to take this.... My Wife spoke to the dealer about options we werent interested in, and they agreed to drop to $36544. I knew she could convince me to do stuff, but I guess I underestimated her persuasiveness over others.:wacko:

Sounds like a great deal. Most dealers in NJ aren't discounting them because they sell QUICK. I got mine on D-plan (Ford Employee).

Keep one thing in mind regarding price. It's very common for a dealer to give the car away up front and then hammer you in Finance. Watch your rate, dealer fees, etc...the dealer can make up an additional $4,500 in BS fees, add-ons, and rate bumps. This is becoming more and more common in the industry.

I would recommend getting the Ford Tire and Rim warranty. Those rims/tires are expensive on the Sport.

Sounds like a great deal. Most dealers in NJ aren't discounting them because they sell QUICK. I got mine on D-plan (Ford Employee).

Keep one thing in mind regarding price. It's very common for a dealer to give the car away up front and then hammer you in Finance. Watch your rate, dealer fees, etc...the dealer can make up an additional $4,500 in BS fees, add-ons, and rate bumps. This is becoming more and more common in the industry.

I would recommend getting the Ford Tire and Rim warranty. Those rims/tires are expensive on the Sport.

We weren't even offered the tire and wheel protection. How much does that run? I might have had to sign up for that before i drove it off the lot. That would probably have been well worth it.

LOL, I see lots of people cranning their necks too; I think they may be checking out the 22" wheels though. I've had many people ask if the wheels are standard or not or what kind of vehicle it is etc...and I do have my windows tinted so I'm not sure that helps! Congratulations and enjoy!

We weren't even offered the tire and wheel protection. How much does that run? I might have had to sign up for that before i drove it off the lot. That would probably have been well worth it.

I would have to pull out my contract to see the cost. It wasn't that much. Call your dealer immediately and ask for the warranty. You can only apply it to your vehicle early on.

Keep in mind that the rims are only covered when you have a blowout or tire issue that will damage the rims. Curb rash and scratches from normal driving aren't covered.

LOL, I see lots of people cranning their necks too; I think they may be checking out the 22" wheels though. I've had many people ask if the wheels are standard or not or what kind of vehicle it is etc...and I do have my windows tinted so I'm not sure that helps! Congratulations and enjoy!

The truck is ridiculous. I can't tell you how many people stare at it all creepy-like when I drive by!

The truck is ridiculous. I can't tell you how many people stare at it all creepy-like when I drive by!

:hysterical: It is weird isn't it? I got mine on Sept. 10 and I haven't seen another one on the road yet...my son said he seen one exactly like mine way on the other side of town. Our city is about 350,000 people. I just came back from a trip to California; San Diego to Paso Robles and I didn't seen any '11 Edges. I'm now wondering if and when I do see one are we going to wave at each other...you know like bikers and truck drivers do!!! :rockon:

:hysterical: It is weird isn't it? I got mine on Sept. 10 and I haven't seen another one on the road yet...my son said he seen one exactly like mine way on the other side of town. Our city is about 350,000 people. I just came back from a trip to California; San Diego to Paso Robles and I didn't seen any '11 Edges. I'm now wondering if and when I do see one are we going to wave at each other...you know like bikers and truck drivers do!!! :rockon:

How often do you feel bad for the person driving one of the previous year Edge's? I see them and feel bad that they are pretty cool, but just not quite as cool as me. :)

I'll risk some backlash (lol) but I agree with Choff too! I'd be less than honest if I didn't say I feel cooler than most everyone on the road though not just older Edge's!!! :shades:

That is true Trisha - there are few cars driving around now that I feel inferior too. Of course - the really nice cars go away for the winter up here.

Seriously thought about getting out of the Edge (2008) and just getting a 2011 Camaro. After seeing and reading about the 11 Edge Sport for the past few months, my mind changed. Now after driving it for the past few days Im convinced I made the right choice for me. Its definitely sporty. Im not sure if I would have been satisfied with a sports sedan, or a sports car, but I am satisfied with this Edge. And since it uses the Mustang motor, my best friend is interested in tinkering with add ons to improve the HP numbers (ill keep everyone posted) Until then I will continue to enjoy the stares wherever I roam.:stats:

Seriously thought about getting out of the Edge (2008) and just getting a 2011 Camaro. After seeing and reading about the 11 Edge Sport for the past few months, my mind changed. Now after driving it for the past few days Im convinced I made the right choice for me. Its definitely sporty. Im not sure if I would have been satisfied with a sports sedan, or a sports car, but I am satisfied with this Edge. And since it uses the Mustang motor, my best friend is interested in tinkering with add ons to improve the HP numbers (ill keep everyone posted) Until then I will continue to enjoy the stares wherever I roam.:stats:

A version of the mustang and the edge share the same motor?

Ridiculous! Ridiculous I tell you. The attention this truck gets is ridiculous. Its also cool, and yeah fun too. We were at dinner tonight and the Edge was parked outside my window so I had a direct eye shot of it. I saw everyone walking by looking and pointing, stopping and staring, and even a few (yes at least three) cell phone photos snapped. I got yelled at by my Wife for staring out at the truck, so I might have missed a few gawkers, but seriously, as a car guy I love this.

Ha, ha, ha, ha.... a cop pulled me over today :redcard: I thought :censored: I wasn't speeding was I? No, he just liked my car and wanted to have a closer look at it :rolleyes: BTW I was in another city and later on I saw a red Sport...yep the guy waved at me. We're frat mates or part of the brotherhood or something...now I guess! :rockon: lol

WOW! I would NEVER!

What'd he say when he walked up? "Hey sorry you didn't do anything wrong I just wanted to check out your ride?" LOL that's funny

WOW! I would NEVER!

What'd he say when he walked up? "Hey sorry you didn't do anything wrong I just wanted to check out your ride?" LOL that's funny

Yes, basically that's what he said. I had seen him on the side of the road (he had radar on) and after I passed him he came out behind me. I was pretty sure I wasn't speeding but hey it's easy to do especially with these smooth riding vehicles lol. So yeah, he stopped me and said "You didn't do anything wrong but I really like this car and I wanted to find out what it was. I see it's a Ford but what year blah, blah, blah" Oh and the thing he really liked???? The wheels of course :hysterical: Anyway once I realized I wasn't speeding I was a little ticked that he used his authority to pull me over just to check out my car!

I was going to get the wheel insurance but found out I am covered from my insurance co.which is geico I carry a 100.00 deductable which was not much more than 500.00 deductable I live in northern N.J.

I have Geico too, do they cover anything that goes wrong with the rims?

They tried selling me the whell protection too. It was about $580. I did not take it.

• 4 weeks later...