Intoducing myself

Maritimers

Well glad to find this forum but not sure if I like what I am reading.I have my order in for the edge limited since 1 nov.I was told by my dealer here in eastern Canada there was a 10 to 12 weeks delivery date.What i have been reading is all these problems with the my ford touch and sync.I sure hope they fix this before they build my car.Anyway thanks to everyone here for all the info.

A few things you have to remember about MyFord Touch....

1. It was designed to be updated...fixes will come, likely (hopefully) before your edge will come in.

2. Forums like this are places for frustrated users out there to come and vent...that's the sole reason why many join. People love to complain, so if they have a problem, they find a forum to vent and to look for a fix. So, the number of people having problems on this forum is not an accurate indication of the percentage of all edge owners who are having problems.

That being said, I wouldn't worry too much about your order. The problems will be fixed eventually. I also wouldn't let that stop me from ordering if I really wanted the new edge, but that's just my opinion.

Hi, I'm new to this forum as well. I'm really excited about my 2011 SEL Kona Blue Ford Edge with the vista roof. I had a 2007 SE Edge with about 86K miles that I traded in. I went with the upgrade this time :shades: I just got the car today, but already I'm in love with it. It's a smooth, comfortable ride. The MySync is awesome and easy to control. The steering wheel controls and bluetooth phone capabilities make driving easier and safer while toggling various functions. Overall, I love it! I just wish it was summer so that I could open up that massive vista roof!

I do have one question: I plugged my iPod into the USB jack and I was disappointed that I could not chose a new song within a playlist using the steering wheel controls. It said that my iPod was still indexing in the car, but I left it in there for a good 10 minutes and it still said indexing. The music plays just fine from the iPod and I can switch within songs of a playlist, but I don't seem to be able to chose the song I want to go to next through the dashboard info screen using the steering wheel controls. Is that possible to do, does anyone know? It's a really small issue, but just something that I noticed. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my purchase/trade in!

-BBEdgy

Hi, I'm new to this forum as well. I'm really excited about my 2011 SEL Kona Blue Ford Edge with the vista roof. I had a 2007 SE Edge with about 86K miles that I traded in. I went with the upgrade this time :shades: I just got the car today, but already I'm in love with it. It's a smooth, comfortable ride. The MySync is awesome and easy to control. The steering wheel controls and bluetooth phone capabilities make driving easier and safer while toggling various functions. Overall, I love it! I just wish it was summer so that I could open up that massive vista roof!

I do have one question: I plugged my iPod into the USB jack and I was disappointed that I could not chose a new song within a playlist using the steering wheel controls. It said that my iPod was still indexing in the car, but I left it in there for a good 10 minutes and it still said indexing. The music plays just fine from the iPod and I can switch within songs of a playlist, but I don't seem to be able to chose the song I want to go to next through the dashboard info screen using the steering wheel controls. Is that possible to do, does anyone know? It's a really small issue, but just something that I noticed. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my purchase/trade in!

-BBEdgy

welcome BBEdgy.

Yes. You should be able to use the steering wheel to navigate the tracks.

Many thanks to Hunter 4814 for your words of encoragement.I have to agree with you that Ford will remedy the problems.My ford dealer is just great.Been with them since 2002.The projected date of delivery they gave me brings me around mid January. But you know I believe in Santa Clause .I just may get my new edge for Xmas LOL

Greetings folks! The glitches I've seen on the forums and the very minor one I've noticed are almost all software related. The system can be updated via a download to a USB thumb drive and plugging into the car. I think the little things will be ironed out.

11 Edge LTD AWD

Kona Blue, 20" wheels and all the options :shades:

I went out last week and traded in a beautiful '08 BMW 335i to get this car...my neighborhood was stunned. Ford gave me a reason to go back to American cars and now I have a cool ride to take the boys skiing :)

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I won't have my new Ford Edge Limited for Xmas.It should be on the production line first week of Jan 2011.Then there will be 3 weeks before it arrives.Ah well I sure hope all the workers at Ford have a Merry Xmas and all the best in the New Year and that you are all rested up when you build my new ford Edge limited.Oh and I still believe in Santa.LOL

I have had my Edge Limited for a week now and seems that everything is working the way it should. I did call the dealer today to bring it in for the 2Gen update. I was told to wait a week and he will give me a call back. Seems that they have a 2011 Edge in for the update and while doing it turned of the radio and they are having a problem rebouting the system. I not worried Ford will have a fix and I am happy that the Dealer told me what I have been reading about this new update.

Edited by Burtman